Third Divison 22/23

On 26/10/2022 at 18:07, bc57 said:

Kello losing a big shock.

Stunned silence from our Larkhall correspondents.

Well done Newmains.

Lanark at Irvine Vics on Saturday who are going well in the league and only lost 5 goals in 8 games, yet lost 6 in one cup game at the weekend! Lanark had consecutive 5-1 defeats, which we will obviously be looking to improve upon. Should be interesting.

We will be back. Ardrossan are a big strong team.

Gow 3 Carluke Rovers 0

Good confident performance from the Gow, dominated the game and could have been seven, if not for an inspired Carluke keeper.

Weir, Woodlock & Maguire the scorers.

Luke Currie made his debut for the Gow and with his brother Jack playing upfront. We just need Rory to complete the Currie brothers set.

Irvine Vics 3 Lanark 3

Typical blood and guts Junior game that we all love.  Either team could have won it. Lanark missed a sitter in injury time. Irvine keeper had several fine saves but Lanark keeper also had a couple of important blocks.

I enjoyed my pie.

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

Irvine Vics 3 Lanark 3

Typical blood and guts Junior game that we all love.  Either team could have won it. Lanark missed a sitter in injury time. Irvine keeper had several fine saves but Lanark keeper also had a couple of important blocks.

I enjoyed my pie.

Totally agree with above. Game had everything that  traditional junior fans love. Credit to both teams for an entertaining game on a slippy pitch and also for an exciting end to the match as they chased a winner.👍

Larkhall Thistle 6 v East Kilbride Thistle 1
A dominant performance from us today,first 20mins we were in control,then let East Kilbride back into the game,however 2nd half performance was outstanding.must say however their red card,too me was never a red card,but it wouldn't off changed the game
We keep on a rolling

Lanark Utd 2 Carluke Rovers 3

A fantastic hard fought win for Carluke today , Carluke turned up with only 12 players due to a tummy bug going through the team & a couple other players injured so I wasn't expecting what actually happened.
Lanark started the brightest & controlled the first 15 mins & got a very soft penalty which they scored ,Carluke came back into the game & got the equaliser & both sides went in at half time equal ,Lanark came out the blocks again & took the lead then with about 20 mins to go Carluke got a great equaliser & pushed hard for the winner which they got with about 5 mins left ,by this time the Lanark team looked dead on their feet & Carluke held on for a great win .

40 minutes ago, larky9 said:

Larkhall Thistle 6 v East Kilbride Thistle 1
A dominant performance from us today,first 20mins we were in control,then let East Kilbride back into the game,however 2nd half performance was outstanding.must say however their red card,too me was never a red card,but it wouldn't off changed the game
We keep on a rolling

I am afraid it was. EK player asked the ref if he was f......g blind to his face. Another great performance from the Larkie jags, replicating the 6-1 score at the Showpark earlier in the season.

I am afraid it was. EK player asked the ref if he was f......g blind to his face. Another great performance from the Larkie jags, replicating the 6-1 score at the Showpark earlier in the season.
Where the free kick was taken from,all we heard from the player was,look at the line,next thing,the ref showed a straight red