Third Divison 22/23

Should be a good game against the league leaders next week

Carluke Rovers 3 Kello Rovers 1

Great result & another great performance from the Carluke boys today against the league leaders ,we worked hard all over the pitch & deserved the win.

29 minutes ago, bc57 said:

I hate to have a pop but we were taken aback by how poor The Gow were today, particularly given your league position. We should have won by more today.

What a great surprise for us to see Chucky Watt make an appearance and then come on as a sub and score our 2nd goal. He's been out for over a year with a serious knee injury. Delighted for him - and us! 

It's a honest assessment, dont have a problem with it.  I expected far better from the Gow especially it being a local derby.

I have watched them for 39 years and barring the years we were struggling financially, this is the poorest I've seen and we have good players, that's why I feel it rests at the management's door.

Best of luck for the rest of the season as there has been big improvements from last season for Lanark, and they have a good chance of being in the promotion mix.

Whereas we are heading for obscurity, probably good enough not to get dragged down but more performances like today and I'm not so sure.

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

No predictions from me. Long way to go.  We've not played 6 of the bottom 8 teams so far.

Another Larkie win , away to Vale of Clyde. Weve won away there, at Lanark and Irvine Vics, all promotion hopefuls.  Lots of home games coming up, looking good.

On 24/09/2022 at 21:42, outsider said:

Wasn't there today so not sure if they played 4 at the back as they were missing the skipper who plays CH, usually

they play a back 3 with wing backs, but aye they are quite tight though they did spill 3 last week to Vale of Clyde.

Aye Dunsie, he's a fair unit and crackin' keeper.

Was he in goal when they lost 3 to VoC ?  I notice he didn't play against Carluke on Saturday, which is their good fortune.

3 hours ago, bc57 said:

Was he in goal when they lost 3 to VoC ?  I notice he didn't play against Carluke on Saturday, which is their good fortune.

Aye he played against VoC, he was in the team to play on Saturday but got pulled after the warm up, don't know why.

From what I heard Kello were very poor on Saturday, taking nothing away from Carluke though, they deserved the points.

Royal Albert 1 Lanark 4

3 up and coasting. Made 5 subs and lost some momentum. Good to give the guys some game time however. Lost a sloppy goal and then scored a late 4th.  We squandered a fair few chances today.

Gow 2 Port Glasgow 4

PG deserved their win with a goalkeeping boob helping them on there way, and Gow reduced to ten men later on in the second half.

Gow struggling  recently,  no structure to play and often resulting to punts up the park.

Gow did score a cracker from nearly halfway line with a lob over keeper.

Strange moments with five minutes to go, happened twice where PG got a corner and three PG players decided to surround quadrant and waste time.

Considering they were 4-2 up with little time to go, it seemed an odd tactic, as they looked more likely to get a fifth than we were to get a third.

More false shouts for offside, balls out of play, etc. from PG.  Starting to become a feature in this league, referees really don't have an easy time of it.

On a bright note, good to see Jack Currie back in a Gow shirt.

Larkhall Thistle 4  Carluke Rovers 0
Comfortable win keeps us firmly on top of the league with all the other promotion hopefuls still to come to Gasworks Park.
35 league goals scored so far.
We are currently top goalscorers in the WOSFL

Kello losing a big shock.

Stunned silence from our Larkhall correspondents.

Well done Newmains.

Lanark at Irvine Vics on Saturday who are going well in the league and only lost 5 goals in 8 games, yet lost 6 in one cup game at the weekend! Lanark had consecutive 5-1 defeats, which we will obviously be looking to improve upon. Should be interesting.

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

Kello losing a big shock.

Stunned silence from our Larkhall correspondents.

Well done Newmains.

Lanark at Irvine Vics on Saturday who are going well in the league and only lost 5 goals in 8 games, yet lost 6 in one cup game at the weekend! Lanark had consecutive 5-1 defeats, which we will obviously be looking to improve upon. Should be interesting.

Kello played 80 min with 10 men, keeper was sent off in 10th min.

Also had two stonewall penalties turned away. The referee's assessor was there and done a power of writing, lol.

These things happen, just gotta take it on the chin and move on.

Was just thinking the Larky boys are quiet, lol. Gonna be a lot of turns and twists from now until the end of the season, no point in anyone getting excited too early.👍