Third Divison 22/23

Kello 2 Lanark 0

Just not our day. Kello took their chances and were aided by their excellent keeper who made 3 top class saves and who just avoided scoring an og  when a thunderous drive rattled his bar and rebounded to whack him on the back of his head but stayed out of his net.  Kello playing with confidence.

I now know how many teams will have felt facing Gareth Hallford, who won us many a point with his fine goalkeeping.

Good game, well contested.

6 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Kello 2 Lanark 0

Just not our day. Kello took their chances and were aided by their excellent keeper who made 3 top class saves and who just avoided scoring an og  when a thunderous drive rattled his bar and rebounded to whack him on the back of his head but stayed out of his net.  Kello playing with confidence.

I now know how many teams will have felt facing Gareth Hallford, who won us many a point with his fine goalkeeping.

Kello only conceded 7 goals in 8 games. Excellent keeper and very good back 4.

3 hours ago, bc57 said:

Kello 2 Lanark 0

Ryan Dunsmuir in nets? 

Good result against a promotion rival. Clean sheets are always nice. 

Hope you enjoyed your pie 🥧 

4 hours ago, bc57 said:

Kello only conceded 7 goals in 8 games. Excellent keeper and very good back 4.

Wasn't there today so not sure if they played 4 at the back as they were missing the skipper who plays CH, usually

they play a back 3 with wing backs, but aye they are quite tight though they did spill 3 last week to Vale of Clyde.

26 minutes ago, Clough85 said:

Ryan Dunsmuir in nets? 

Good result against a promotion rival. Clean sheets are always nice. 

Hope you enjoyed your pie 🥧 

Aye Dunsie, he's a fair unit and crackin' keeper.

10 hours ago, outsider said:

Wasn't there today so not sure if they played 4 at the back as they were missing the skipper who plays CH, usually

they play a back 3 with wing backs, but aye they are quite tight though they did spill 3 last week to Vale of Clyde.

Aye Dunsie, he's a fair unit and crackin' keeper.

I recall we put 7 past him pre lockdown and he was still the Man of the Match!  I went to Muirkirk a few weeks ago to watch Kello's cup match. I am presuming he was suspended but took part in the pre match and half time shoot ins. Think the subs are still trying to get a shot past him! 

Thought Kello’s bubble had burst last week so fair play to them getting a result yesterday. Still don’t think they’ll finish in the top 3 though. Seen enough of them last season to let me know they won’t be good enough.

Winton starting to click & with the money they’ve spent should be winning that league. That being said obviously spending money isn’t everything, just take a look at Girvan.

Top 3 end of season for me will be (in no particular order):

Ardrossan Winton, Irvine Vics & Vale of Clyde

11 hours ago, bc57 said:

I recall we put 7 past him pre lockdown and he was still the Man of the Match!  I went to Muirkirk a few weeks ago to watch Kello's cup match. I am presuming he was suspended but took part in the pre match and half time shoot ins. Think the subs are still trying to get a shot past him! 

Sore day at the office that for Kello, they couldn't cope with the pace Lanark had that day.

Edited to add, Dunsie was sub against Muirkirk, the manager would've been giving the other keeper Jamie a game.

Edited by outsider

12 hours ago, BenBo said:

Thought Kello’s bubble had burst last week so fair play to them getting a result yesterday. Still don’t think they’ll finish in the top 3 though. Seen enough of them last season to let me know they won’t be good enough.

Winton starting to click & with the money they’ve spent should be winning that league. That being said obviously spending money isn’t everything, just take a look at Girvan.

Top 3 end of season for me will be (in no particular order):

Ardrossan Winton, Irvine Vics & Vale of Clyde

Larkhall Thistle to win the league, with Irvine Vics, Kello, Vale of Clyde there or thereabouts.

Lanark 2 Gow 0

Well done Lanark. Turgid stuff from the Gow. I don't see where we are going under current management, frankly I don't think they've got it, as much as I would like to be proved wrong 

Over a season and a half now, no discernable structure to play and performances erratic to say the least.

Lanark played well, we looked like we were playing with a man or two down.

29 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Lanark 2 Gow 0

Well done Lanark. Turgid stuff from the Gow. I don't see where we are going under current management, frankly I don't think they've got it, as much as I would like to be proved wrong 

Over a season and a half now, no discernable structure to play and performances erratic to say the least.

Lanark played well, we looked like we were playing with a man or two down.

I hate to have a pop but we were taken aback by how poor The Gow were today, particularly given your league position. We should have won by more today.

What a great surprise for us to see Chucky Watt make an appearance and then come on as a sub and score our 2nd goal. He's been out for over a year with a serious knee injury. Delighted for him - and us! 

40 minutes ago, Stormrelic said:

Carluke Rovers 3 Kello Rovers 1

Great result & another great performance from the Carluke boys today against the league leaders ,we worked hard all over the pitch & deserved the win.

Well done.

They've not lost many goals this season but think this is the 2nd time they've lost 3 in a match.

The wind must have made it fun. Bad enough at Lanark.

On 29/09/2022 at 18:01, larkyforever said:

Will win it. Team improving every week, scoring goals galore, decent-sized squad.

No predictions from me. Long way to go.  We've not played 6 of the bottom 8 teams so far.