Third Divison 22/23

18 minutes ago, Woof woof said:

Investigate what?

Team is different from last season. From first whistle to last whistle Irvine dominated. No excuses by far the better team💪🏽⚫🟠⚫🟠

Woof woof must be another billy big time player. I heard Lesmahagow had 4 of there best players missing today as well as a good few on the drink last night. Manager had to draft in 20s boys and coaches to play today. Irvine Vics 8-0 is very flattering towards them as I watched some of there games and look like a poor amateur team at best. The back 4 look like they have there own caravan campus between them.

7 minutes ago, Whitvic123 said:

Woof woof must be another billy big time player. I heard Lesmahagow had 4 of there best players missing today as well as a good few on the drink last night. Manager had to draft in 20s boys and coaches to play today. Irvine Vics 8-0 is very flattering towards them as I watched some of there games and look like a poor amateur team at best. The back 4 look like they have there own caravan campus between them.

Hahaha excuses excuses 👍🏽

Poor amateur team making use look like a Sunday church team 🤫

55 minutes ago, Woof woof said:

Investigate what?

Team is different from last season. From first whistle to last whistle Irvine dominated. No excuses by far the better team💪🏽⚫🟠⚫🟠

Well done. Investigating why we were so dugshite.

Not saying we should be winning but certainly not losing 8-0 considering our early form. 

Well deserved victory for Lanark today, despite our keeper being injured, our captain being on the bench and playing for 20 minutes with 10 men through injury. 

Nothing between the teams in first 20 minutes then two headers in quick succession had us comfortably in the lead. Lost a poor goal on 50 minutes which perked the away team up for a brief period.

Our 'new' management team has made a huge difference by getting the lads substantially fitter since they first arrived which has been carried in to this season. Playing some decent stuff too.

5 hours ago, Whitvic123 said:

Are you sure it was just the 4  of their best players and there wasn't more out? Who was keeping you in the loop about all things happening at The Gow? Only reason am asking as the Gow supporters we spoke to yesterday, never mentioned any of that but talked about their own indifferent form to date and yet still fancied their chances against us. However as Woof woof, has previously pointed out, this is a different Vics team to last season. 

To the game itself you think 8-0 flatters the Vics, if you had been there you would have seen that it actually flattered The Gow. we could have and possibly should have hit double figures. That's not being disrespectful, as they had some cracking players in the team, but that was the reality unfortunately. We experienced that ourselves last season, so not gloating in any way.

Respect to our opponents for not losing the rag and keeping eleven players on the park, knowing that the game was gone for them after the 50 mins mark. They kept plugging away despite the result and fair play to the ref for keeping the match flowing.

One last observation for those looking at our results, I would remind you again that this is not last year's team. We.look more solid at the back as we've acquired a cracking goalie in Owen, two new full backs who can switch easily to the middle of the park. Our captain Fraser seems to be forming a solid partnership with Gaff, our new CB. Middle to front looks good and we appear to have goals across the team. Which is great, so will take each game as it comes.

Not going to make any bold or daft predictions as fitba has a habit of biting you on the arse. What I do know is we should have been sitting on 9 points, with 3 wins from 3, as no disrespect to Larkhall, we created enough chances to see that game out with a comfortable win, but like I say that's fitba for you.

It's still early days but this season definitely has different feel to it compared to last year and am looking forward to it as are my fellow Vics fans.😉

20 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

No league games this midweek, but we play Queen's Park in a friendly tomorrow night (Tuesday 9th) at 7.15 to mark our 150th anniversary. £6 entry (£3 concession). Would be good to get some neutrals down to watch!

Where can I park and do you sell pies etc?

13 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Vale of Leven 1-3 Queen's Park. 

A really good run out in front of a big crowd in our 150th anniversary celebration game. Thanks to Queen's for coming down.

20220809_191824.jpg

An enjoyable game. The pie shop lady was very pleasant. Our second goal was well offside.

On 08/08/2022 at 16:16, Craig fae the Vale said:

No league games this midweek, but we play Queen's Park in a friendly tomorrow night (Tuesday 9th) at 7.15 to mark our 150th anniversary. £6 entry (£3 concession). Would be good to get some neutrals down to watch!

Sorry I missed this on Social Media, would have happily went along to this.

Craig, is there any supporters down at the Vale who would remember the 100th anniversary game back in 1972.

Remember going down there on the train with an old uncle of mine, long dead.

Beautiful summer's day like today.

Guessing it was some sort of pre season friendly.

Why i think it might have been the 100th anniversary game was that there wasn't a couple of hundred at the game but a couple of thousand.

Could they have played one of the big Glasgow two for the 100th anniversary?

On 06/08/2022 at 21:14, Father Ted said:

Well done. Investigating why we were so dugshite.

Not saying we should be winning but certainly not losing 8-0 considering our early form. 

Must admit having gone up to watch the Gow against Finnart on Wednesday when I saw this result the first thing I thought was that they must have had a lot of players missing or injured.

4 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Sorry I missed this on Social Media, would have happily went along to this.

Craig, is there any supporters down at the Vale who would remember the 100th anniversary game back in 1972.

Remember going down there on the train with an old uncle of mine, long dead.

Beautiful summer's day like today.

Guessing it was some sort of pre season friendly.

Why i think it might have been the 100th anniversary game was that there wasn't a couple of hundred at the game but a couple of thousand.

Could they have played one of the big Glasgow two for the 100th anniversary?

I'll see what I can dig up on Saturday. 

7 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

An enjoyable game. The pie shop lady was very pleasant. Our second goal was well offside.

Aye, she's a good egg! I missed the second goal (think I was counting the gate money at the time) but did hear it looked offside. Glad you enjoyed the game.

19 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

The pies were outstanding too. Agree about our second goal but I think the linesman had just decided to give offside / onside on an alternate basis. He had a shocker.

Nice wee setup at the Vale. Hope the season goes well for you.