Third Divison 22/23

49 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Obviously its early days yet as pre-season training not long started and most clubs have a few friendlies under their belts but who are the favorites to win promotion and is there any outright favorite to win the league  ??

I think East Kilbride Thistle are in the 3rd division,saw them on Saturday against Troon,they looked like a good team,the only difference between the teams was fitness 

Just now, Father Ted said:

Mon the Gow!

A few good local derbies to look forward to in the coming season, especially Lanark.

Hoping for an improvement on last seasons form, as it was up and down like a Fiddlers elbow.

Is that no' in and out?

28 minutes ago, Meadowman said:

I think East Kilbride Thistle are in the 3rd division,saw them on Saturday against Troon,they looked like a good team,the only difference between the teams was fitness 

Last year I was at games watching the  following teams who are now in the 3rd division:
Dalry Thistle, East Kilbride Thistle, Finnart, Lanark United, Larkhall Thistle, Lesmahagow, Vale of Clyde, Vale of Leven, Royal Albert

I didn't see Bellshill Athletic, Carluke Rovers, Girvan, Irvine Victoria, Kello Rovers, Lugar Boswell Thistle, Newmains United, Port Glasgow.

Out of the ones I did see in games I felt the strongest was Lesmahagow and the Finnart team were very strong in the fourth. EK Thistle were a completely new team last year, the full team coming from the U21s and they all know each other and did well in some games and others not so good but I expect them to be more consistent and be up there in the top half. Both Lanark and Larkhall were inconsistent and the team changed about a lot so hopefully there's more consistency and see what happens.  Don't think I saw Port Glasgow last year but there usually a strong robust team but unsure what they were like last year and what to expect this year.   The good thing about how they all fair is the social media, a lot of clubs are using media and video footage so we can see a lot of highlights and make our own judgments.

Now all the teams are in the right division on merit, now we will be able to see teams who progress and who don't.

We haven't had a friendly yet ( that I am aware of!) so can't imagine that will help us.   Got no clue how we will do. It is all guesswork and speculation at this point with last season's performances not a great indicator towards a how we will all do throughout a new season.

One thing is for sure, I am very much looking forward to the season ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

The season starts next Saturday, has anyone heard an explanation regarding relegation from this League? Surely the teams

should be told how many drop down, or even have an explanation of any differing permutations.

2 minutes ago, outsider said:

The season starts next Saturday, has anyone heard an explanation regarding relegation from this League? Surely the teams

should be told how many drop down, or even have an explanation of any differing permutations.

Six down - dependent on permutations from Lowland League - league will be 16 teams in line with the rest next season, with three coming up from division four.

On 21/07/2022 at 22:40, bc57 said:

Carluke 0 Lanark 4 in the Clydesdale Cup. Final is on Monday v The Gow at Forth.

Nice wee confidence and fitness booster

Lanark won 5-4 on penalties after a goalless draw. Not much between the teams. The midges were the real winners!

Royal Albert 1 Lesmahagow 3

Sparked into life in 2nd half. Albert scored from penalty rebound after Gow keeper saved initially.

Albert had a man sent off. Referee was rather card happy.

Three good goals from Gow as they took advantage of Albert being down to ten men.

Lugar 1-1 EK Thistle.

Thistle had the better chances and created more than enough to win the game. Man of the match has to be Lugar GK keeping Thistle at bay. Lugar finished with 10 men and Thistle missed a penalty late on.

4 hours ago, EK man said:

Lugar 1-1 EK Thistle.

Thistle had the better chances and created more than enough to win the game. Man of the match has to be Lugar GK keeping Thistle at bay. Lugar finished with 10 men and Thistle missed a penalty late on.

Big Lugar goalie had a cracker of a game few good saves n was steady all game with both his hands and his feet. EK had a few chances enough to win the game n probably felt they should have won but Lugar could have easily won the game aswell when down to 10 men they missed a sitter near the end of the 2nd half think it got blocked on the line but it was a very bad miss perfect cut back n couldn't find the net from 6-7 yards. Draw was possibly the fair result at the end of the game. EK goalie could have easily been sent off aswell for the Lugar penalty. Was a good game played the way the game should be played

Lanark 1 VoC 0

Very little between the two teams . Lanark had a few long range efforts but both teams had one good chance each. VoC missed theirs thanks to a great save by Gareth Hallford and we stuck ours away on 60 mins.

We were definitely hampered by not having our 2 first choice centre backs so the clean sheet was a nice bonus to the 3 points.

19 hours ago, EK man said:

Lugar 1-1 EK Thistle.

You must have been at a different game from me there was nothing in the two teams