Second Division 22/23

Some result for Craigmark Burnt Onions last night, wonder if they can get themselves into a promotion spot wi four games left; I reckon Ashfield will be joining Renfrew in the first division but could be tight between Craigmark and Maybole for the final spot

9 minutes ago, Basile Boli said:

Why are Ashfield playing at Stepford? I’m out of the loop. Have they left the Speedway ground?

The weekend there was the first I had even noticed they weren't playing at Saracen. Going by their results page on the WOSFL website the last they played at Saracen was on 3rd December. Their next home game at the end of January was at Stepford, and all bar one since which was played at Springburn Park have been at Stepford. 

Red Dots incoming time.

Have read that Finnart in Div 3 have been playing games away from their home base. Been a few complaints 're 'if these teams can't guarantee a regular pitch should they be in the league'.

Not read a peep about Ashfield.

Same level of exasperation should apply to new and established clubs should it not.

7 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

I only know one Ashfield chap and haven't seen him since Covid put the kibosh on things...how can we find out why they're not playing at Saracen ? Who would know ?

I noticed it back in Jan/Feb they were playing at Stepford and looked through their twitter to see if they made any announcement and the only thing I found was a reply to a poster saying they aren't allowed to say why (in so many words).

Surely the league aren't going to allow them to play out of Stepford in the 1st Division? Although tbh not sure what they can do!

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

I'm told by someone who goes to the speedway that the pitch size had been reduced yet again making it almost against the rules.

That's terrible for Ashfield something outwith their control. Hopefully working to find alternative and hopefully getting any assistance and support  WOS management can give to them.

Not great when any club are experiencing difficulties.

23 minutes ago, coineanach said:

"Glasgow United F.C."

Who the feck came up with that moniker. It's so generic, it must be an outsider no Glaswegian would ever think thats a suitable name for a fitba club

44 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Who the feck came up with that moniker. It's so generic, it must be an outsider no Glaswegian would ever think thats a suitable name for a fitba club

Entire history of Shettleston Juniors wiped out with the stroke of a pen.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Entire history of Shettleston Juniors wiped out with the stroke of a pen.

To be fair, that's not true, Shettleston juniors history will always remain, same as Baillieston Juniors and they are defunct.  It's in the history books and to many Glasgow United will always be Shettleston.  It was an advertising gimmick and trying to change to bring more in.  I don't think it was a good choice and rather they stuck to Shettleston FC but hey hoe

7 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

To be fair, that's not true, Shettleston juniors history will always remain, same as Baillieston Juniors and they are defunct.  It's in the history books and to many Glasgow United will always be Shettleston.  It was an advertising gimmick and trying to change to bring more in.  I don't think it was a good choice and rather they stuck to Shettleston FC but hey hoe

Believe the name change was a legal matter.