First Divison 22/23

2 hours ago, energyzone said:

I don't think anyone is asking them to justify their existence.  In fact I think clubs like Gartcairn and Bonnyton should have a senior side to provide a full pathway from their youngest boys clubs to senior football. After all why should they coach players from the age of 4 and then lose them to other clubs when they get beyond U19 stage.

You mention Talbot and Pollok not being reliant on attendance money, which is true, but the fundraising these clubs carry out is dependent on their numerous fans buying merchandise, and so on.  Most of the sponsor opportunities/activities mentioned above are already carried out by 'older' clubs so it's not as if Gartcairn are breaking new ground on this front.

Fans of these clubs are more than welcome to defend/explain the funding but I also reserve the right to be sceptical about whether we are getting told the full story.

But as ever, as long as the funds aren't illegitimate then it's a fair game.

Who decides what is the fit and proper way of funding. If a club has enough of a fan base to self fund great. If a club gets funding via external sources good on them too. There isn't a hard and fast rulebook on funding. Or is there?

5 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Which one?

There's two of them.

😄😄

The Petershill Branch of course, surely the Original haven't been senior long enough to have garnered enemies.

4 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Well done to Gartcairn winning the league and to St Cadoc's/Benburb getting promotion.

Of the seven relegated from the top league last season only Benburb have made it back.

I hear they've  opened the pie stall to celebrate, see you there.

On 27/05/2023 at 20:40, Sergeant Wilson said:

I actually went to Benburb today. It was more a stumble over the line than a victory march. Job done though.

Paul Lovering was quite quiet, which was a shame.

You're right mate but we stumbled over 30 games and never lost in the last 15 so I'll take it. 

anyone fancy a pie?

612BA931-8FD5-4FDC-8710-9530D4452B9A.jpeg

On 28/05/2023 at 16:24, GNU_Linux said:

image.thumb.png.ed9a003bcf14367fd470c931d03cab54.png

image.png.09301feff53bac335a05b1af9dd2292b.png

Out of interest, what would have happened if Gartcairn had lost 1-0 on Saturday as (if I've worked it out correctly) they would be level on points, GD, GS and GA with St. Cadoc's? Head to head was 1 win each. Would the aggregrate score have been the decider, or a play off?

Edited by jimbaxters

26 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Out of interest, what would have happened if Gartcairn had lost 1-0 on Saturday as (if I've worked it out correctly) they would be level on points, GD, GS and GA with St. Cadoc's? Head to head was 1 win each. Would the aggregrate score have been the decider, or a play off?

We were a bawhair from finding out. I checked the St Cadocs score and was mid sentence when Gartcairn scored.

53 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Playoff at Kintyre Park 3 weeks on Tuesday :whistle