First Divison 22/23

4 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Well that's my beloved Bonnyton away. Hope they can find their feet in Div 2.

Tough 2 seasons since moving West. 2nd half of season definitely improved bit just bridge too far in the end.

Regroup in Div 2 and maybe a promotion in the offing next season.

Not yet according to the table.

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Not yet according to the table.

That's what my old mum would have called nit-picking.

If they beat St.Cadocs 40-0 Or whatever they need and the Candy lose against whomever. I'll run naked around the Synergy Arena. 😱😱😱

5 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Can only speak for the Div 4 teams.

Easterhouse and Kilsyth A. averaged around the 50 mark. Eglinton I believe have a core, numbers I can't give, maybe there's someone down Kilwinning way in the know. Can't speak for the others.

Kilsyth derby in Oct. had over 200 with a sprinkling of neutrals whom I believe have revisited the illustrious Sportsfield. 

As with all new teams, I would imagine, it can take time to build a fan base especially in an area already with an established club.

It's no secret I know the crew at Kilsyth A. and from what I've heard there is a growing interest in them. So next season in Div 3 will tell us how its going.

Thanks.  I can't recall anyone down here in Kilwinning taking about going to watch Eglinton but they were an amateur team I believe not that long ago and amateur matches here do attract decent crowds on occasion.

Still not sure where the more  successful 'new' clubs get their funding from. Same with some of the Lowland League clubs, e.g. Caledonian Braves. As far as I can see none of them have a huge fanbase to draw funds from and I can't see many sponsors choosing to advertise at the newer grounds.   There are some decent established clubs at this level who seemingly can't compete with the offers made to players by some of the newer ones even when a fanbase and sponsors.

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

That's what my old mum would have called nit-picking.

If they beat St.Cadocs 40-0 Or whatever they need and the Candy lose against whomever. I'll run naked around the Synergy Arena. 😱😱😱

Ah you're right. Didn't read the GD. Sorry.

6 hours ago, energyzone said:

Thanks.  I can't recall anyone down here in Kilwinning taking about going to watch Eglinton but they were an amateur team I believe not that long ago and amateur matches here do attract decent crowds on occasion.

Still not sure where the more  successful 'new' clubs get their funding from. Same with some of the Lowland League clubs, e.g. Caledonian Braves. As far as I can see none of them have a huge fanbase to draw funds from and I can't see many sponsors choosing to advertise at the newer grounds.   There are some decent established clubs at this level who seemingly can't compete with the offers made to players by some of the newer ones even when a fanbase and sponsors.

Funding can come in many ways not just gate money. Infact we donate all our gate money to St Andrews hospice.

Gartcairn have a monthly business club who all pay £100 per month and we all pass business to each other. It's also great for sponsoring tops and golf days etc. you then have your comedy night's and speakers night that can raise up to 10k each.

we also offer a pay as you go sponsorship which is paid monthly. You get social media presence, access to hospitality every home game and your logo on something like training kit shorts t shirts trackies etc. new clubs tend to think differently from some of the more experienced clubs with older committees.

that's how.. 

Edited by Cairn Cheerleader

29 minutes ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

Funding can come in many ways not just gate money. Infact we donate all our gate money to St Andrews hospice.

Gartcairn have a monthly business club who all pay £100 per month and we all pass business to each other. It's also great for sponsoring tops and golf days etc. you then have your comedy night's and speakers night that can raise up to 10k each.

we also offer a pay as you go sponsorship which is paid monthly. You get social media presence, access to hospitality every home game and your logo on something like training kit shorts t shirts trackies etc. new clubs tend to think differently from some of the more experienced clubs with older committees.

that's how.. 

No offence but you're making it sound like the least appealing football club imaginable.

1 hour ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

that's how.. 

A number of the newbies have quite ingenious ways of raising capital.

Hospitality at non league can be a big part of a clubs income. I was visiting a club in Fife pre-covid and had a chat with a committee member. He stated the income from matchday hospitality and meetings/functions they held throughout the week was a very substantial source for the club.

Not being directly involved with a club don't feel it's my place to divulge any info I have on such things.

A number of fans who just turn up on match days would be surprised at how their club raises revenue.

Gate takings can be an insignificant part of the clubs income.

Not saying fans are irrelevant but as you will be aware a club cannot rely on this as a sole income.

I'm certain you and St.Cadocs will have an interesting season in the Prem. 😉

7 hours ago, energyzone said:

There are some decent established clubs at this level who seemingly can't compete with the offers made to players by some of the newer ones even when a fanbase and sponsors.

Players can be rewarded by means other than a straight weekly wage.

It's all legal and above board. Nothing underhand from what I am aware anyway. Not involved with a club so can't comment on any individual examples I'm afraid.

He probably means (and I can't speak for him) that you've made it sound like you're funded by a mixture of rotarians, masons, money-launderers, mafia, and other gangsters rather than folk who support their local fitba team.

Please don't leave that head of a horse there...send it down to D&G. They'll know what to do with it...

6 hours ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

that's how.. 

Sponsorship on kit isnt the blue sky thinking you think it is, pretty sure most clubs have kit sponsors. 

Remember reading something about Gartcairn on the old Junior forum on here.

A couple of posters having a real serious problem with Gartcairn pre Covid times.

Couldn't make out whether they were ex Gartcairn players or officials.

Didn't seem any point in attacking Gartcairn from another Junior club's point of view. There didn't seem to be any local rivals as such. Monklands was like Paisley, a bit of a dead zone when it came to Junior football.

Weren't Gartcairn a Central League team? Don't really remember them in the Super Leagues. Maybe they were.

Anyway a couple of posters had a real beef with Gartcairn over taking the team for a pre match meal in the Dakota Hotel? Plus Gartcairn had used Airdrie's ground for a couple of matches.

Sure there was something about a money man backing them.

Kinda like a Darvel story but without the success.

And the Gartcairn backer was never revealed even if they had a backer.

The attacks on Gartcairn stopped just as suddenly as they started.

It's only really now Gartcairn have got a mention again with promotion.

Anyway good luck to them.

6 hours ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

None taken but what do you mean?

Frankly, a bunch of fat cats eating bacon rolls, swapping business leads and using a football club to advertise their companies is not the kind of ambience that I associate with grassroots football. There's a hollow feel to it is what I'm saying. Can't argue with your success so far but it doesn't lift my kilt tbh.

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Frankly, a bunch of fat cats eating bacon rolls, swapping business leads and using a football club to advertise their companies is not the kind of ambience that I associate with grassroots football. There's a hollow feel to it is what I'm saying. Can't argue with your success so far but it doesn't lift my kilt tbh.

Sounded a bit too clinical for my liking.

Like how to run a football club using Artificial intelligence.

Pesky humans 

7 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

He probably means (and I can't speak for him) that you've made it sound like you're funded by a mixture of rotarians, masons, money-launderers, mafia, and other gangsters rather than folk who support their local fitba team.

Please don't leave that head of a horse there...send it down to D&G. They'll know what to do with it...

Aye we'll stick a saddle on it doon here, ken.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Weren't Gartcairn a Central League team? Don't really remember them in the Super Leagues. Maybe they were.

Unsure of exact timing. Think they joined junior ranks season or two after Rossvale. Never got out the Central League and had a much quieter profile than Rossvale up the road. Think the relationship with the original academy is still healthy. Being down here since pre-covid have lost touch with some of the goings on in Buckie Land.

Will keep an eye on how they are received by the ludd, sorry traditionalists in the exalted heights of Prem Land.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Sounded a bit too clinical for my liking.

Like how to run a football club using Artificial intelligence.

Pesky humans 

Ludd, sorry traditionalist. 

Think peeps need to just give them a chance. But pretty sure after every game at the MTC there will be posters 'commenting' on it and Cairn's validity.

#change can be good.

Teams can respond in different ways to relegation from the Premier Division. The three teams who are being relegated out of the First Division this year (Rossvale, Cumbernauld United and Bonnyton Thistle, assuming there is not a world record breaking miracle on Saturday) were all also relegated from last season's Premier Division. Rutherglen Glencairn have been hovering above the drop zone for much of the season but had enough in the tank to avoid the bottom three this time. To balance that out, though, Benburb have bounced straight back up with promotion, and Kilbirnie Ladeside and Blantyre Victoria have had decent seasons when the final table is assessed.

As I used to say about the old SJFA West Region second tier (and it's no different in the WoSFL) - it's a very difficult league to climb out of at the top, but a very easy league to fall out of at the bottom end if you're not careful.