First Divison 22/23

I buy all the positives about artificial pitches.

Interesting to see Benburb St Cadocs,Drumchapel and Gartcairn all in the hunt for promotion. 

It's grass everyday for me though and these places don't half sook the life out the atmoshpere.

Fit for top league?

40 minutes ago, Johnny Sox said:

Interesting to see Benburb St Cadocs,Drumchapel and Gartcairn all in the hunt for promotion. 

It's grass everyday for me though and these places don't half sook the life out the atmoshpere.

Fit for top league?

There are some there already. Cumnock's council owned acre, Largs, Clydebank and Petershill. Hardly going to be a new development.

44 minutes ago, Johnny Sox said:

Fit for top league?

I am with you, every day of the week.  I missed Finnart on Saturday by my lad told me it was awful

51 minutes ago, Johnny Sox said:

Fit for top league?

Whatever your feelings on grass v plastic; at our level it's looking increasingly that plastic is the only viable future. Threave Rovers in CD have an excellent facility, but as it is right next to a wildlife marsh area, whenever it rains the stand side of the pitch floods. Since the turn of the year there have been 4 or 5 games called off or moved because of this. The lost matchday revenue is not good for the sustainability of the club. How many other clubs are in this position. We would all love to watch games on grass but if pitches are struggling with the increased wetness what are the options?

8 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Whatever your feelings on grass v plastic; at our level it's looking increasingly that plastic is the only viable future. Threave Rovers in CD have an excellent facility, but as it is right next to a wildlife marsh area, whenever it rains the stand side of the pitch floods. Since the turn of the year there have been 4 or 5 games called off or moved because of this. The lost matchday revenue is not good for the sustainability of the club. How many other clubs are in this position. We would all love to watch games on grass but if pitches are struggling with the increased wetness what are the options?

Increased wetness 😃. That should be the new name for climate change.

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Increased wetness 😃. That should be the new name for climate change.

😁😁😁😁

Showing my age JB, when we were younger increased wetness meant a totally different game in play.

Thought that was an apt way to describe our weather pattern.

My daughter has horses, clue in my moniker, and even after a dry spell; as soon as it rains parts of the fields flood suggesting increased water retention.

Jeez sounds like last medical; increased water retention.

Just seen Guys Meadow unplayable again at weekend.

How many Sats are lost due to normal levels of rain not biblical ark type stuff, due to underground water retention?

WATER RETENTION.

phrase for the week 

😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

😁😁😁😁

Showing my age JB, when we were younger increased wetness meant a totally different game in play.

Thought that was an apt way to describe our weather pattern.

My daughter has horses, clue in my moniker, and even after a dry spell; as soon as it rains parts of the fields flood suggesting increased water retention.

Jeez sounds like last medical; increased water retention.

Just seen Guys Meadow unplayable again at weekend.

How many Sats are lost due to normal levels of rain not biblical ark type stuff, due to underground water retention?

WATER RETENTION.

phrase for the week 

😂😂😂😂😂

Is Ghirl a spelling mistake or a clue to your big team?

lol

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

There are some there already. Cumnock's council owned acre, Largs, Clydebank and Petershill. Hardly going to be a new development.

Cumnock,Largs,Petershill,

Clydebank, Drumchapel,St Cadocs/Benburb, Gartcairn

Boak

Thank feck Bonnyton aren't going up.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Is Ghirl a spelling mistake or a clue to your big team?

lol

More a nod to my heritage, both parents from the emerald isle. Gaelic football on both sides. Mum was an Ants fan. Big team the Lok. But yes I would prefer them but don't follow or support.

25 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

More a nod to my heritage, both parents from the emerald isle. Gaelic football on both sides. Mum was an Ants fan. Big team the Lok. But yes I would prefer them but don't follow or support.

They'll love you on here

GAA

lol

18 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Very difficult to predict who is going to come out on top in this league. Most of the top teams have all still to play each other, some twice I believe?

You are correct.

Kilbirnie Ladeside have still to play Benburb, Drumchapel United and Johnstone Burgh, all at home.

Benburb have still to play Gartcairn both at home and away, and also away to Kilbirnie.

St Cadoc's have still to play Drumchapel United both at home and away.

Drumchapel United have still to play Gartcairn both at home and away, Johnstone Burgh at home and Kilburnie Ladeside away.

Johnstone Burgh have still to play Drumchapel United both at home and away, and Gartcairn at home, and Kilbirnie Ladeside away.

Gartcairn have still to play both Benburb and Drumchapel United both at home and away, and Johnstone Burgh away.

That's the candidates for me, lots of twists and turns to come.

The bottom end is interesting as well, a few teams with work to do, including mine.

Edited by glensmad

13 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Getting promotion is one thing, staying in the big league is another.

Wonder if there's a few yoyo clubs starting to appear.

Petershill and Cambuslang Rangers being two of them.

It's a big step-up to the Premier League, as my team have found out a few times over the years. The three Conference winners last year are all in the relegation mix, Peasy and Cambuslang looking the most likely to drop and Arthurlie with the best chance of survival of the three but with work to do.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

You are correct.

Kilbirnie Ladeside have still to play Benburb, Drumchapel United and Johnstone Burgh, all at home.

Benburb have still to play Gartcairn both at home and away, and also away to Kilbirnie.

St Cadoc's have still to play Drumchapel United both at home and away.

Drumchapel United have still to play Gartcairn both at home and away, Johnstone Burgh at home and Kilburnie Ladeside away.

Johnstone Burgh have still to play Drumchapel United both at home and away, and Gartcairn at home, and Kilbirnie Ladeside away.

Gartcairn have still to play both Benburb and Drumchapel United both at home and away, and Johnstone Burgh away.

That's the candidates for me, lots of twists and turns to come.

The bottom end is interesting as well, a few teams with work to do, including mine.

Do you fancy sticking your neck out and picking a winner? :) Who is the best side you have come up against so far?

Who do we fancy for relegation? Shotts getting dragged in now even though plenty games to get themselves out. Bonnyton have points on the board but could be down there once teams catch up in games. Anyone right up to Neilston could potentially go down. Thought Whitletts and Rossvale were certainties few weeks back but Whitletts form team in the league with 5 wins from 6