First Divison 22/23

2 hours ago, Johnny Sox said:

Can see St Cadocs and The Drum fighting  it out the title, 3rd place could be good scrap between 3 or 4.

St Cadoc's and Gartcairn are neck-and-neck at the moment, before last night St Cadoc's were only ahead in the league by one goal difference from Gartcairn, so I expect Gartcairn to be title challengers at the end of the season. Drumchapel will certainly be up there as well, once their Scottish Cup journey comes to an end they will start to catch up with the fixtures.

As for other contenders for promotion, I don't think anybody from 4th down to 14th are out of contention yet with half a season still to be played.

46 minutes ago, Village elder said:

cumbernauld united creeping inexorably towards relegation...sad to see.....clueless by all accounts

To be fair they were missing Danny Boyle in central defence today and then lost Rhys Donaldson to injury early in the match, so they were makeshift defensively. But I don't think they made Matt McGinley make a save at the other end, which will be a concern for Tony.

13 hours ago, glensmad said:

To be fair they were missing Danny Boyle in central defence today and then lost Rhys Donaldson to injury early in the match, so they were makeshift defensively. But I don't think they made Matt McGinley make a save at the other end, which will be a concern for Tony.

sadly results and league position are usually the more accurate yardstick when measuring things....feel sorry for George Watson who puts heart , soul and everything else into this club...he deserves better

10 minutes ago, Village elder said:

sadly results and league position are usually the more accurate yardstick when measuring things....feel sorry for George Watson who puts heart , soul and everything else into this club...he deserves better

I think Cumbernauld will be ok. Sometimes teams are in a false position. Glencairn were 14th at the start of January, a few wins in a row and now we're 5th. There are teams above Cumbernauld who are far more likely to make the drop in my opinion.

13 hours ago, Johnny Sox said:

Gartcairn will be gutted, dominated for long spells and hit with two sucker punches right at the  death.

Aye Right.

No domination at all in this game. Kilbirnie better team 1st half and unlucky not to go in ahead. Gartcairn better team 2nd half outmuscling our inexperienced central defenders. A draw would probably have been fair result but Scully's exquisite free kick deep into injury time was a bonus. Think its Johnny Sox who is gutted having predicted the demise of a team in crisis just a few weeks ago.

Drumchapel have still to play St Cadoc's twice and Gartcairn twice. St Cadoc's have still to play Gartcairn as well. Points will be dropped there which will allow the teams below the chance to take advantage.

By the way, I'll bite. 🤣 What's wrong with the thread title ?

26 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Drumchapel have still to play St Cadoc's twice and Gartcairn twice. St Cadoc's have still to play Gartcairn as well. Points will be dropped there which will allow the teams below the chance to take advantage.

By the way, I'll bite. 🤣 What's wrong with the thread title ?

Had to read it twice to notice it 😀