English Football League 2022/23

I think Wilder is a good manager, but maybe Middlesbrough was never the best fit for him, especially if he was going to have limited recruitment control. West Brom could do much worse than empty Bruce now and get Wilder in. 

Shitting it now. Here's hoping Bruce doesn't complete the North East trio :(

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Michael Carrick in advanced talks with Boro. Not sure what to make of it. It could go either way I suppose. A major flop or the first step on the way to a decent career. Better than Bruce anyway.

Kieran McKenna was part of that coaching set up and seems to be doing a good job at Ipswich. Boro will need to hope he wasn't the brains of that operation. 

Was at Deepdale today to see Preston v Stoke. 

Crap 1st half but it livened up 2nd half,reckon Alex Neil gave the Stoke players the third degree as they were a different side 2nd half.

Ps,Stoke fans,sevco in disguise, flag with the gers crest and a few of ra peepul songbook sung .

16 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Ps,Stoke fans,sevco in disguise, flag with the gers crest and a few of ra peepul songbook sung .

In fairness, I think basically every English club in the Football League has at least one of those flags on display on an average matchday. 

8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Who could have possibly seen that coming? 3B1EE95F-243F-4546-AB3B-DDEE036A22CE.thumb.jpeg.f81368d1cfe7c05a1196a085bb008bd2.jpeg

The eff the pope and the ra belt out,was surprising,especially as some of the SCFC supporters will be of the RC faith ?

Anyhows that's me been to a game in all top 5 league's in "angleland".

3 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Anyhows that's me been to a game in all top 5 league's in "angleland".

Not bad going. I've done Premier League, Championship and League Two, need to complete the set at some point.

Watching the highlights of Sheffield Utd/Blackpool. Heads gone everywhere. Bonkers match.

1 minute ago, The Naitch said:

Not bad going. I've done Premier League, Championship and League Two, need to complete the set at some point.

Watching the highlights of Sheffield Utd/Blackpool. Heads gone everywhere. Bonkers match.

Apparently that Footy Adventures guy filmed a vlog fae that today,sounds like it was mental !!

Aye went Carlisle games in the national league/league 2 and league 1.

Preston today in the championship.

Newcastle and Liverpool in the Premier league 👍

South Wales Derby today and Cardiff down to ten men already 😂

Callum Robinson threw the ball at Cabango after being shoved after he won a free kick.

Swansea going for three derby wins in a row...

• 2 weeks later...

Something could well have gone on behind the scenes, but this just shows how mental English football clubs can be:

Leam Richardson: Wigan Athletic sack manager after poor run of form

10 November 2022

"Richardson, who had only signed a new three-year deal on 25 October,"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63583133

30 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Something could well have gone on behind the scenes, but this just shows how mental English football clubs can be:

Leam Richardson: Wigan Athletic sack manager after poor run of form

10 November 2022

"Richardson, who had only signed a new three-year deal on 25 October,"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63583133

I had a quick scan through the comments section and saw this:

Liam Fox at Dundee United would be a good replacement. He’s massively over achieved at United and is just the type of experienced manager needed for a relegation battle.

:lol:

On 10/11/2022 at 12:49, Ro Sham Bo said:

I had a quick scan through the comments section and saw this:

Liam Fox at Dundee United would be a good replacement. He’s massively over achieved at United and is just the type of experienced manager needed for a relegation battle.

:lol:

I'm going 70% someone that is completely at it, 30% someone who has just looked at league tables over the last 3 years and thinks Fox has been in charge the whole time.

Or maybe just someone who wants a manager who spells Liam correctly