English Football League 2022/23

If Stoke avoid relegation (with O'Neill in charge) there are going to have to be 3 unbelievably shite sides in the Championship. They are so so poor. More worryingly, Boro couldn't see them off. Some big signings needed it Boro are to finish in the playoffs this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Alex Neil leaving Sunderland to take over at Stoke. A strange, somewhat baffling one. Says he hasn't been backed in the transfer market although they have made a few decent signings and seem in talks to make a few more. 

Perhaps they are better equipped to fight for promotion, but i wouldn't have thought Stoke would be the type of job you'd leave a project like that for, especially with how popular he is with the fans. 

5 hours ago, Fratelli said:

Alex Neil leaving Sunderland to take over at Stoke. A strange, somewhat baffling one. Says he hasn't been backed in the transfer market although they have made a few decent signings and seem in talks to make a few more. 

Perhaps they are better equipped to fight for promotion, but i wouldn't have thought Stoke would be the type of job you'd leave a project like that for, especially with how popular he is with the fans. 

I'd like to think he's using it to maneuver a better deal at Sunderland, as their fans seem to hold him in the same high regard as Accies fans. 

However, we don't know the ins and outs. Stoke wanted him when he was at PNE but that fell through so perhaps they've explained their long term plans before hand and it's more appealing to Neil. 

I'd like to see him stay at Sunderland, the job he's done in 6 months there is unreal.

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/09/2022 at 13:31, Michael W said:

That's Paul Hartley emptied already. 

Who'd have thought that signing players from the Scottish lower leagues would be a terrible strategy? 

Forest Green won promotion from that level off the back of several smart signings from the Scottish lower leagues (including Cadden from is and Hendry from your side).

The key word there is 'smart', which has no place next to Paul Hartley's throw shite at the wall approach to the transfer market - and management in general. 

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I immediately thought of you when I read that, because he was your profile picture.

Had a lot of hope with him, started off well and was a breathe of fresh air after years of Warnock & Pulis garbage, but ever since he was linked with Burnley at the end of last season it seemed to completely fall apart and Boro have been shocking this season.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Had a lot of hope with him, started off well and was a breathe of fresh air after years of Warnock & Pulis garbage, but ever since he was linked with Burnley at the end of last season it seemed to completely fall apart and Boro have been shocking this season.

Yeah, I thought he would be a great appointment for Boro because he did very well at Sheffield United. Two wins in 11 league games this season is very poor though.