Glastonbury

BigDoddyKane

2 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

This is ridiculously good now.

The Pet Shop Boys know how to put on a spectacular show. They don't penny pinch to line their own pockets.

It's very sad that the technical hitch caused us to miss the band, the dancers and light show earlier.

I have put them on my big screen with sound through the hifi.  It's truly amazing now!

I enjoyed Wolf Alice, Years & Years, and, as someone only exposed to her Bond theme, thought Billie Eilish had something about her that showed her and her brother have talent. Enjoyed the second half of Macca, thought Yola, when she appeared on the BBC show, had an amazing voice. Diana Ross had a wonderful backing band, and those Haim sisters had a lot of energy. Sam Fender will undoubtably headline one day, and Noel Gallagher knew the score - load the end of the set with Oasis bangers.

My days of sitting in a field for two days to see a band ended with Led Zeppelin at Knebworth in 1979, but everyone there seemed to have a good time, including about 100,000 white folk acting like they enjoyed the Sunday night headliner while they most likely have Coldplay and U2 on loop in their car stereos. IMHO. Naturally.

Edited by pozbaird

To add to the festival atmosphere I've got an irritating female singing the wrong words out of tune to the songs she does know and talking or fast forwarding the ones she doesn't.

She didn't know who Dave Grohl was and any of the bands he'd been in. When I told her she still didn't know who he was.

It was "brilliant" though.

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Just caught up on the PSB set from last night. Superb.

Seen them live a few times and got tickets sorted for their Aberdeen gig next year. Cannot wait.

Pet Shop Boys are one of the most undderrated British bands of the last 40 years, magnificent back catalogue & NT smashed it in Electronic with Johnny Marr and Bernard Sumner.

38 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

She didn't know who Dave Grohl was and any of the bands he'd been in. When I told her she still didn't know who he was.

She can count herself lucky then.

Not long back from Glastonbury, highlights for me were Idols and Jarv is. Biggest disappointment for me was Primal Scream (although I only stayed for 6 songs) and the Pet Shop Boys (although I did enjoy the technical problems at the start, I thought they were trying to be more like Daft Punk live)

Glastonbury has definitely got more middle class since I first went in 2004 however it’s still absolutely fucking nuts. 

ps. One of the best additions this year was a Co-op (I’m being serious). The prices were not far off what you would pay in a usual highstreet store so I spent a lot less on food.