Glastonbury

BigDoddyKane

11 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Watched a bit of this Sam Fender person last night who seemed to go ooh woah woah woah for about 10 minutes then said way aye man.

Presumably he’s the Geordie Gerry Cinnamon?

Except 1000x better and less cunty. 

Having looked at the line-up there are maybe 4, 5 acts at a push that are decent (just decent) and the rest I’ve either never heard of they are a lot of utter shite.

Young folk seem incredibly easily pleased with their music nowdays. Some of the bland, insipid crap that they're going apeshit for - Olivia Rodrigo, Blossoms and Glass Animals jesus f**k.

Also WTF has Mel C done to her puss? all weird implants and fillers.

Idles best by far so far imo - proper, f**k it, balls oot festival performance.

Got to agree with a couple of recent comments about the McCartney set list so far. The bloke is incredible for 80 years old, but the very fact he’s 80 suggests this will be the last time a living legend plays a massive gig like this. There’s already been at least three or four song choices that should have been booted into the sun. This should have been the ultimate greatest hits set, so when Sir Macca’ shuffles off and there’s a whole day of tribute shows on the telly, they could have shown this set in its’ entirety, full of grade one classics… not ‘My Valentine’.

FFS Macca’. 

14 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Not sure how I'd be able to watch here in U S and A but doubt I would that much anyway. Someone on my social media posted this and I like it.

Paul Heaton is one of the greatest songwriters (and singers of course) of all time.

A true legend who deserves a much wider audience around the world.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Got to agree with a couple of recent comments about the McCartney set list so far. The bloke is incredible for 80 years old, but the very fact he’s 80 suggests this will be the last time a living legend plays a massive gig like this. There’s already been at least three or four song choices that should have been booted into the sun. This should have been the ultimate greatest hits set, so when Sir Macca’ shuffles off and there’s a whole day of tribute shows on the telly, they could have shown this set in its’ entirety, full of grade one classics… not ‘My Valentine’.

FFS Macca’. 

He's still got an hour to go give it time...

4 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Olivia Rodrigo is class.

On another note, anyone watch Wolf Alice's set? They were outstanding, especially when you consider the mess they went through getting to Glastonbury in the first place.

Wolf Alice are one of my favourite bands. First saw them at King Tut’s and have been to every Glasgow show of theirs since. Fantastic live, and a hard working bunch - one look at their website and the gigs they’re playing in 2022 and beyond across the globe. Eye watering.

Just started watching McCartney on rewind after Bad Boys for Life on C4 (decent if formulaic), but I reckon I'd rather see him try new stuff rather than his 60 year old hits that tribute bands can probably make a better job of. He's 80 ffs.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Wolf Alice are one of my favourite bands. First saw them at King Tut’s and have been to every Glasgow show of theirs since. Fantastic live, and a hard working bunch - one look at their website and the gigs they’re playing in 2022 and beyond across the globe. Eye watering.

I was supposed to see them some amount of years ago and couldn't make it, next time I will be making every effort because that set was great.

Don't Delete the Kisses is a masterpiece.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

FFS Macca’. 

"Blackbird" confirmed that, understandably given his age, Macca's voice has gone.

Given his massive back catalogue, he could have picked a set of Beatles hits that reflected his natural limitations.

Instead, we have been subjected to tuneless self-indulgent and egotistical garbage that nobody gives a flying f**k about.