Glastonbury

BigDoddyKane

46 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Who was sounding good to you?

just heard 1st aid kit on rafio 6 was a good live performance. Not heard them before

Same as anything like this, what I like will be shite to someone else, and what someone else likes will be shite to my ears. For me, McCartney will be interesting. Having watched the recent ‘McCartney at the BBC’ programme, it’s clear he never ever had the strongest voice in the world anyway, and it has (naturally) weakened as the years have went by. Will be interesting to see if the 80 year old Macca’ can pull one out the bag. 80 years old though. The bloke is a walking advert for keeping young at heart, and young in mind, if you’re dealt a fair hand health wise.

Will record everything, and give everyone a fair go - until I decide they’re shite, then the Sky remote goes to Warp Factor 12. 😀

24 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

Sam Fender was brilliant. Really like the lad. He'll be headlining in a couple years 

World is at his feet if he keeps his head screwed on!

Think he suffered a bit at the beginning with the Eilish crowd but everyone was on side by the end.

Cracking performer and seems a good c*nt into the mix.

3 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

I must admit, I find Billie Eilish a bit one paced.

So far a bit meh for me, but then again I do only have two of her tracks in my library.

I've resisted turning over to Primal Scream, but it is sorely tempting.

she sing or just fanny abut gibbering to the crowd? Seems to have a decent voice but sounds like lana del ray, pretty boring to be honest.

16 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

I must admit, I find Billie Eilish a bit one paced.

So far a bit meh for me, but then again I do only have two of her tracks in my library.

I've resisted turning over to Primal Scream, but it is sorely tempting.

One of the better radio friendly pop acts but don't think it translates particularly well live. Switched over to Foals now.

One of the things that's always frustrated me about festivals is the lack of continuity. Fender & Foals would've been great foil.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Watched a bit of this Sam Fender person last night who seemed to go ooh woah woah woah for about 10 minutes then said way aye man.

Presumably he’s the Geordie Gerry Cinnamon?

Thanks for saving me from typing this. I only managed about 20 seconds though so you’re a better man than me. Big presenter with dyed red hair lad isn’t much of a personality. 

Did enjoy Wet Leg and Wolf Alice though. 

1 minute ago, Shandön Par said:

Thanks for saving me from typing this. I only managed about 20 seconds though so you’re a better man than me. Big presenter with dyed red hair lad isn’t much of a personality. 

Did enjoy Wet Leg and Wolf Alice though. 

I thought would give him the benefit of the doubt. He stopped. Let the crowd woo woo for a bit then had a drink from a can. Great, a new song, let’s see what this is like. 

But no, the woah woahs just started up again. Fucking awful.