Partick- 13/2

Hamilton- 10/1

Arbroath- 10/1

Cove Rangers- 14/1

Raith- 16/1

Ayr- 33/1

Queens Park- 40/1

Morton- 50/1

I'm guessing not much thought has went into that. Accies 4th favourites ffs.

Way I see it just now 

Champions - Dundee 

Expected top of table teams - Partick, Inverness, Raith

Expected lower half teams - Morton, Ayr, Arbroath, Cove, QP

Expected bottom spot - Hamilton

Teams that could realistically finish anywhere between 2nd - 10th -

Partick Thistle

Inverness

Raith

Arbroath

Cove

Queens Park

Morton 

Ayr

This league is so tight it’s crazy. Think momentum and a good or bad run could have most teams at either end of table 

From a personal point of view we have got the spine of last seasons side and we kept 18 clean sheets last season and lost the fewest games by far (5) that is the one thing that gives me a wee bit of optimism that we will be ok.

Initial goal for us should be 8th spot as it usually is 

The two great unknowns for next season are :

What will Cove be like?

Will Arbroath be able to keep up their form from last season?

With those two caveats, I will go for

Dundee

ICT

Patrick

Raith

Ayr

Hamilton

Morten

Queens Park

With Cove and Arbroath fitting in anywhere from 2nd to 9th; most likely guess is Arbroath 3rd, Cove 6th.

Dundee seem to have a very good starting point so there season is really going to rest on final adjustments and how well Bowyer does. He’s managed at a level far higher than this one but sometimes that can go against you in football. I think they’ll still be too strong and should win the league.

I reckon Partick will finish runners up. They’ve got the makings of a strong squad albeit not as strong as Dundee. They also have McCall, so something will undoubtedly go wrong for them after December. Best player fucks off, 10 injures to first team squad, meteor hits Firhill etc. They’ll start the season on fire but fall away eventually.

3rd and 4th is up for grabs for everyone else though. There is absolutely no reason why any team in this league shouldn’t be aiming for top 4. Hamilton are maybe a bit different seeing as no one knows who the manager is and the off field shambles could easily affect the players on field. For everyone else though, too 4 should be the aim.

As per the last 3 pre-seasons, I'll be delighted with mid-table mediocity. It will be extremely difficult for us to match last season and I think a few teams have us sussed now so likely to be a lot tougher. I predict we'll be somewhere between 5th-8th and I'll be fine with that. Just hope that a lot of our newer fans aren't expecting another title push.

Yes, Dundee are favourites but some of those odds are ludicrous and obviously set by people who know zero about this league or the teams in it.

Obviously a lot can happen between now and the start of the seaon but Hamilton, Cove and Morton look particularly strange odds at this point. Hamilton (even though they looked decent at times against us last season) are in a bit of a state at the moment. Cove are part-time, completely unproven at this level and have a new manager - they may do well but what justifies those odds at this stage? QP might have a better chance of doing well if they recruit wisely, they'll certainly have a bigger budget and are full-time. Morton looked excellent at times after Imrie's appointment last season and there's no reason they can't target a top half finish.

As I said, a lot can happen in the next few weeks.