The Patrick Grady Affair

ICTChris

It's the abuse of power that's not acceptable here. I think he should probably go because he's in a position of responsibility and it puts junior employees in a wholly unacceptable position.  

However, making unwanted advances which are rebuffed and then stopped is right down at the bottom end of the politi-nonce scale. 

It's not like they allowed a rapist to vote because it was convenient. Twice. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Behave yourself.  That's in poor taste too.  People getting assaulted, regardless of who it's by, shouldn't be used to point score against a Party you dislike.  

Perhaps if you'd said that in the first place I wouldn't have called you out.

You said explicitly "It's poor form using someone sexual harassment to point score against the SNP" implying that it was OK against any other party.

10 minutes ago, Left Back said:

This can't be a serious post surely.

Have you seen some of the stuff that gets written about the Tories related to sexual misconduct?  Serious vibes of "likes to give it out but can't take it back"

Absolutely correct.

Unfortunately, MP’s of all parties have a poor track record on this score. Maybe it’s to do with living in London away from their families. 
Certainly, the tories take a load of criticism, quite rightly for their misdemeanours.

Therefore, when it happens to the SNP who adopt a ‘holier than thou’ attitude, they just need to take it on the chin and try to sort themselves out.

Just now, Left Back said:

Perhaps if you'd said that in the first place I wouldn't have called you out.

You said explicitly "It's poor form using someone sexual harassment to point score against the SNP" implying that it was OK against any other party.

You certainly didn't call me out on it, at least I don't count that as one.  I implied nothing of the sort either.  I used a topical example of someone in a position of responsibility sexually harassing someone, and voters on the other end of the political spectrum using it to bash the harasser's party.  Which is not on.

10 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's the abuse of power that's not acceptable here. I think he should probably go because he's in a position of responsibility and it puts junior employees in a wholly unacceptable position.  

However, making unwanted advances which are rebuffed and then stopped is right down at the bottom end of the politi-nonce scale. 

My word!

12 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

@TheScarf As if to prove a point...

Just now, Left Back said:

@TheScarf As if to prove a point...

Yeah, that's not me saying that though is it?  I've made my stance perfectly clear on people using sexual assaults/harassments to bash a party they don't like.  

Just because the assaulter is a politician, It has fuck all to do with politics.

24 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah, that's not me saying that though is it?  I've made my stance perfectly clear on people using sexual assaults/harassments to bash a party they don't like.  

Just because the assaulter is a politician, It has f**k all to do with politics.

It kinda does when the party tries to cover up the crimes for the greater good of their political movement. (All sides included) 

Saying the SNP are rapey because this guy exists would be low brow and stupid whereas criticising the process and actions that have allowed this is fair and acceptable. 

If he only did it once it's hardly an abuse of power. I've seen this plastered on the front page of the Mail for the past few days and I thought it would be something far more deviant than this.

The SNP didn't have much to say when Salmond's QC was being recorded so it's a bit rich to complain now. One of the interesting things from the Salmond trial was that Sturgeon and Salmond had Tony Soprano level caution about speaking on the phone, they obviously think they are being monitored at all times.

On 21/06/2022 at 15:13, Londonwell said:

Grady is a good MP but undoubtedly creepy. The SNP WM leadership have not handled this well at all and deserve criticism but there's more to the story than meets the eye.

That would appear to be the case.

Given the nature of yet another interview, the complainant seems to to be on a bit of a mission.

7 minutes ago, sophia said:

That would appear to be the case.

Given the nature of yet another interview, the complainant seems to to be on a bit of a mission.

If there’s more to the story than meets the eye let’s get the details out into the open.

On 21/06/2022 at 16:40, Detournement said:

If he only did it once it's hardly an abuse of power. I've seen this plastered on the front page of the Mail for the past few days and I thought it would be something far more deviant than this.

The SNP didn't have much to say when Salmond's QC was being recorded so it's a bit rich to complain now. One of the interesting things from the Salmond trial was that Sturgeon and Salmond had Tony Soprano level caution about speaking on the phone, they obviously think they are being monitored at all times.

They'd probably be right. The British security services do have previous for spying on our own politicians. 

And killing one of them, allegedly. Maybe more than one. (Tinfoil hat on)

Patricia Gibson MP cleared on appeal of sexual harassment of an SNP staffer - the same staffer who Patrick Grady was found to have harassed. It had been alleged that Gibson told the staffer to “come home and shag me” but this was determined not to be true.

First time anyone has won an appeal for a finding of harassment in the HoC I believe.

36 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Patricia Gibson MP cleared on appeal of sexual harassment of an SNP staffer - the same staffer who Patrick Grady was found to have harassed. It had been alleged that Gibson told the staffer to “come home and shag me” but this was determined not to be true.

First time anyone has won an appeal for a finding of harassment in the HoC I believe.

The interview with the staffer should be available from 1:36 after Judith's weather forecast

It was with a degree on incongruity that I listened.

Of course @Granny Danger's test of transparency won't be possible as the optics of that would be too much like victim blaming and that would be putting out the fire with gasoline.

The more interesting thing for me is the leak and one person that wasn't at the group meeting was Joanna Cherry who was abroad at the time.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

The interview with the staffer should be available from 1:36 after Judith's weather forecast

It was with a degree on incongruity that I listened.

Of course @Granny Danger's test of transparency won't be possible as the optics of that would be too much like victim blaming and that would be putting out the fire with gasoline.

The more interesting thing for me is the leak and one person that wasn't at the group meeting was Joanna Cherry who was abroad at the time.

At the risk of victim blaming, in that interview he does sound like someone with an agenda.

27 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Ponsonby absolutely destroying Blackford on stv news. Uncomfortable viewing, watching fatty avoiding answers.

Thank you.

The wee fat bas certainly got rip to feck, excellent interview by Bernard Ponsonby hope rat face tomorrow. 

Screenshot_20220622_192847.jpg

Screenshot_20220622_192908.jpg

1 minute ago, spongeheid15 said:

The wee fat bas certainly got rip to feck, excellent interview by Bernard Ponsonby hope rat face tomorrow. 

Screenshot_20220622_192847.jpg

Screenshot_20220622_192908.jpg

I think he asked the moron at least four times "Is it acceptable to have a sex pest as a mp?" Never answered it, just spouted a load of bull-shite.