The Patrick Grady Affair

ICTChris

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Ponsonby absolutely destroying Blackford on stv news. Uncomfortable viewing, watching fatty avoiding answers.

Thank you.

Even for someone like you, it isn't all that difficult to understand that simply repeating an attack dog tabloid yes/no question when the actualité requires a  nuanced response is not really prompting a piece that seeks to inform the public. The interview on BBC Radio Scotland this evening was much more measured and therefore illuminating.

Moreover, are you really comfortable with the body shaming company you are keeping?

13 minutes ago, sophia said:

Even for someone like you, it isn't all that difficult to understand that simply repeating an attack dog tabloid yes/no question when the actualité requires a  nuanced response is not really prompting a piece that seeks to inform the public. The interview on BBC Radio Scotland this evening was much more measured and therefore illuminating.

Moreover, are you really comfortable with the body shaming company you are keeping?

He’s a fucking moron.  That’s probably one of his ‘better’ posts.

21 minutes ago, sophia said:

More whataboutery bullshite, are you Blackfords scriptwriter?

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He’s a fucking moron.  That’s probably one of his ‘better’ posts.

Oh dear, looks like I touched a raw nerve here, fucking good, truth hurts. Thought you had me on ignore? you silly old c**t.

Thank you.

20 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

More whataboutery bullshite, are you Blackfords scriptwriter?

Oh dear, looks like I touched a raw nerve here, fucking good, truth hurts. Thought you had me on ignore? you silly old c**t.

Thank you.

There was not a scintilla of whataboutery in the substantive part of my post, so I'm afraid that fails with respect to a reasonable response, reading comprehension and the prejudice that you have taken no steps to row back from, rather consolidates @Granny Danger's assertion.

Edited by sophia
typo

2 hours ago, sophia said:

Fucking hell, what a post this is.

I took the opportunity to find and read the house of commons report that upheld one of the nine allegations made.

I only takes a few minutes to read and it seems to put in context the circumstances around this episode.

I found the following part interesting

3.17 In this case the complainant breached confidentiality repeatedly in the 
period before the decision of the Commissioner. There have been further 
breaches since. We do not intend to recite those breaches, for the obvious 
reason that to do so might merely exacerbate the problem in this case. The 
Commissioner herself analysed them fully, and her conclusion was 
expressed as follows: “I deprecate the serious breaches of confidentiality 
committed by the complainant in February and March 2022 […] and I regret 
the significant impact that this has had on Mr Grady. I consider the 
complainant's conduct to be a breach of Parliament's Behaviour Code and 
a breach of the rules that are intended to underpin the fairness, 
confidentiality, and integrity of Parliament's ICGS processes. I also consider 
his conduct to be a deliberate attempt to publicly discredit Mr Grady.”

Grandstanding political opponents and journalists may also have read the report.

On 23/06/2022 at 19:47, sophia said:

Why can't it be answered with yes or no.  It would appear to be a very simple question, no nuance required.

15 minutes ago, Left Back said:

“Stepping away” from SNP membership while plod investigates

Patrick Grady to step away from SNP membership over allegations https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-61942317

That makes the SNP leadership look even worse; and rightly so.  

“Stepping away” from SNP membership while plod investigates
Patrick Grady to step away from SNP membership over allegations https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-61942317
That makes the SNP leadership look even worse; and rightly so.  
They've monumentally failed, Blackford and Sturgeon. They deserve every bit of criticism coming their way over this. Backing Grady even tacitly by not removing him from the party after the investigation found him guilty is dreadful.

On 27/06/2022 at 11:58, Snafu said:

Looks like Ian Blackford is going down with this ship as well.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/06/26/ian-blackford-reeling-bullying-allegations-backing-snp-mp-sexual/

'A parliamentary watchdog is investigating the SNP's Westminster leader after claims he bullied a party employee for several months in the House of Commons.'

That part of the story is false. I know the Daily Mail are due to issue a retraction over Blackford’s role and I imagine the Telegraph and others will be asked to do similar. 

Patrick Grady is my MP, and I’ve voted for him every time he has stood in the constituency, and even as far back as the student union elections at Strathclyde. One of the reasons is that, as well as being a good MP, I have always believed him to be one of the good guys, and he has given me that impression anytime our paths have crossed.

I would struggle to vote for him now. I appreciate everyone makes mistakes, but politicians cannot try to claim the moral high ground while simultaneously attempting to brush their own issues under the carpet. This especially applies in the current climate, where it becomes impossible to call out the Tories for their scandals if you are up to your neck in the same shit.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Patrick Grady is my MP, and I’ve voted for him every time he has stood in the constituency, and even as far back as the student union elections at Strathclyde. One of the reasons is that, as well as being a good MP, I have always believed him to be one of the good guys, and he has given me that impression anytime our paths have crossed.

I would struggle to vote for him now. I appreciate everyone makes mistakes, but politicians cannot try to claim the moral high ground while simultaneously attempting to brush their own issues under the carpet. This especially applies in the current climate, where it becomes impossible to call out the Tories for their scandals if you are up to your neck in the same shit.

It doesn’t really.  Grady is a c**t but he’ll be less of a c**t than the Tory boy that was actually convicted of molesting teenagers.

As long as he can campaign on not being as bad as a Tory he’s all good.

• 5 months later...