Things that have riled you so much

Any examples? I love thit shit, I'm such a sweetie wifie
Settle in. Starts off with how it all kicked off. There has been stuff before the first example but this one happened about 9 years ago and it was the straw that broke the camel's back tbh. I'm on a speak if spoken to basis with her now. I can't be fucked with her shit now so don't bother with her.

Spoiler

I had been babysitting my eldest sister-in-law's youngest kid. I walked into her mum's house with the buggy and commented to her "I honestly don't know how you do it with two kids X because this wee one is hard enough". A genuine throwaway comment. My eldest sister-in-law replied "Aye I know. And some folk think it's bad with just one." We laughed and that was the extent of the conversation. The youngest was sitting in the room with her then boyfriend who she had a wee one with at the time as well. End of that story.

Don't know when, but got word that all hell had broken lose as a result of that exchange. The bitch had apparently went into the kitchen and burst out crying saying to her mum that her sister said she (bitch) couldn't cope with her kid. It totally spiralled. The mum and dad believed this bullshit and the eldest one was actually a bit alienated for a while. Obviously her husband got involved and there was a massive falling out. One day I was around and the mum n dad commented about what had been said and I told them exactly what was said and that what the bitch had fed back was complete nonsense. It had no effect of course as they cant see past her bullshit. They are as much to blame for her behaviour tbh. All this was happening months before our wedding and it rolled on. She never went to my wife's hen party and was saying she wasn't going to the wedding, then she was, then she wasn't, then she would be a bridesmaid, then she wouldn't. In the end I stepped in and gave it a date to say if she was a bridesmaid or not and if she said no then I'd be asking someone else; the fucking dresses were purchased at this point. In the end she said she'd come (after the mum begged her apparently) but not as a bridesmaid. The whole episode stressed my Mrs right out, she ended up with this absolutely mental rash all over her body which I put down to stress.

The latest was a few days ago which I'm still reeling about. Her nana has really bad dementia and the husband is physically and mentally done. So the carehome is on the horizon and the wheels are in motion. She has done f**k. ALL. to help him out with her. (Myself and my Mrs have her round for a few hours whenever we can and have her for weekend's to let the husband away for a few days to get some rest. The other sister will go round and sit with her for a few hours every so often so he can go for a drink/rest. Bitch hasn't been round for well over 10 weeks. And when she does go round it's when the carer is there which is of no use to anyone but given the narcissistic tenancies, she'll go when there is an audience so it makes her look good and caring.) Anyway, the husband announced this and the little cow has messaged him with pish about why she wasn't consulted on the decision and that her nana isn't ready for a home (she absolutely is btw. She's started to assault the husband and doesn't recognise her own home anymore/can't do anything for her/he is absolutely at the end of his tether). After months of deliberating about the decision he made it and of course that text message made him feel like utter shit. He went round to discuss it and she blamed HIM for not going round for so long. Saying that he only informs my wife of how her nana is doing and never bothers to get in touch with her. My Mrs and the other sister message him every single to ask how she is, something she doesn't do. But of course everyone has run around after her. It would be too much for her to bother her arse and actually make an effort.

There have been so many other things, so many I've forgotten tbh. Normally when there are any family events coming up she starts to make rumblings. Xmas meal a few years ago she obviously cancelled. Arranged a meal for my Mrs's birthday and she ended up not going. If the attention isn't on her she isn't interested. She's either an official narcissist or a sociopath. But she is such a fucking cow. I don't have FB but see some of the shite she puts on there as well and it's all me me me.

I hope you're happy as it's made me shake with rage thinking back on this shit. But I got some good news yesterday. The social worker dealing with the nana's husband and getting the wheels in motion has said to him that she will arrange a big family meeting and let everyone know where we are. My Mrs has met her before and says she takes no shit and says it how it is. I hope I can make it because she'll put that cow right in her place. Another thing I should mention is that the bitch worked in a dementia unit when she worked and clearly knows f**k all about the disease (sadly a case with a lot of carers working with it in all honesty). I worked/studied mental health nursing and worked in MH for a decade so know about it pretty well and my wife is a trained nurse and a 'Dementia Champion' yet the dad will listen to the untrained moron in regards to dementia ahead of us two. So it'll be so good to see her shot down from the social work side as well and she'll be shown up in front of the dad as the ignorant buffoon that she is. Though my guess is she'll know this so will be conveniently unable to make the meeting.

I should also mention she rarely bothers her fucking arse to come and see my girls on their birthday. She'll usually give the grandparents a card to give to her. It's hard not to badmouth her in front of my girls but I'm not like that. They can judge her for themselves when they are older. That's reminded me of another one - my wife's 30th a couple years ago and she got her f**k all. Absolutely nothing, not even a card. Personally I don't care about birthdays but 30 is a bit of a milestone for women. I could appreciate she struggled as she doesn't work but I found out that she bought her boyfriend of about 4 months over £100 worth of stuff for his birthday a couple of months later. Seriously, even a 25p card and my Mrs would have been content. She's been hurt by the little c**t so many times but never lets on.

Aaaand breath. Fucking boot.

12 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I once drunkenly sent an email to Unilver because they decided to discontinue Knorrs Micro Noodles. 

Micro Noodles were responsible for me giving up my hobby of drunk shopping i.e. going to the 24-hour Tesco after the pub shut and seeing how much stuff I was able to buy with my leftover change.

Stumbled home with, among other things, 6 tubs of Micro Noodles but it was only during the resulting hangover that I remembered that I didn't have a microwave at the time...

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Settle in. Starts off with how it all kicked off. There has been stuff before the first example but this one happened about 9 years ago and it was the straw that broke the camel's back tbh. I'm on a speak if spoken to basis with her now. I can't be fucked with her shit now so don't bother with her.

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

I had been babysitting my eldest sister-in-law's youngest kid. I walked into her mum's house with the buggy and commented to her "I honestly don't know how you do it with two kids X because this wee one is hard enough". A genuine throwaway comment. My eldest sister-in-law replied "Aye I know. And some folk think it's bad with just one." We laughed and that was the extent of the conversation. The youngest was sitting in the room with her then boyfriend who she had a wee one with at the time as well. End of that story.

Don't know when, but got word that all hell had broken lose as a result of that exchange. The bitch had apparently went into the kitchen and burst out crying saying to her mum that her sister said she (bitch) couldn't cope with her kid. It totally spiralled. The mum and dad believed this bullshit and the eldest one was actually a bit alienated for a while. Obviously her husband got involved and there was a massive falling out. One day I was around and the mum n dad commented about what had been said and I told them exactly what was said and that what the bitch had fed back was complete nonsense. It had no effect of course as they cant see past her bullshit. They are as much to blame for her behaviour tbh. All this was happening months before our wedding and it rolled on. She never went to my wife's hen party and was saying she wasn't going to the wedding, then she was, then she wasn't, then she would be a bridesmaid, then she wouldn't. In the end I stepped in and gave it a date to say if she was a bridesmaid or not and if she said no then I'd be asking someone else; the fucking dresses were purchased at this point. In the end she said she'd come (after the mum begged her apparently) but not as a bridesmaid. The whole episode stressed my Mrs right out, she ended up with this absolutely mental rash all over her body which I put down to stress.

The latest was a few days ago which I'm still reeling about. Her nana has really bad dementia and the husband is physically and mentally done. So the carehome is on the horizon and the wheels are in motion. She has done f**k. ALL. to help him out with her. (Myself and my Mrs have her round for a few hours whenever we can and have her for weekend's to let the husband away for a few days to get some rest. The other sister will go round and sit with her for a few hours every so often so he can go for a drink/rest. Bitch hasn't been round for well over 10 weeks. And when she does go round it's when the carer is there which is of no use to anyone but given the narcissistic tenancies, she'll go when there is an audience so it makes her look good and caring.) Anyway, the husband announced this and the little cow has messaged him with pish about why she wasn't consulted on the decision and that her nana isn't ready for a home (she absolutely is btw. She's started to assault the husband and doesn't recognise her own home anymore/can't do anything for her/he is absolutely at the end of his tether). After months of deliberating about the decision he made it and of course that text message made him feel like utter shit. He went round to discuss it and she blamed HIM for not going round for so long. Saying that he only informs my wife of how her nana is doing and never bothers to get in touch with her. My Mrs and the other sister message him every single to ask how she is, something she doesn't do. But of course everyone has run around after her. It would be too much for her to bother her arse and actually make an effort.

There have been so many other things, so many I've forgotten tbh. Normally when there are any family events coming up she starts to make rumblings. Xmas meal a few years ago she obviously cancelled. Arranged a meal for my Mrs's birthday and she ended up not going. If the attention isn't on her she isn't interested. She's either an official narcissist or a sociopath. But she is such a fucking cow. I don't have FB but see some of the shite she puts on there as well and it's all me me me.

I hope you're happy as it's made me shake with rage thinking back on this shit. But I got some good news yesterday. The social worker dealing with the nana's husband and getting the wheels in motion has said to him that she will arrange a big family meeting and let everyone know where we are. My Mrs has met her before and says she takes no shit and says it how it is. I hope I can make it because she'll put that cow right in her place. Another thing I should mention is that the bitch worked in a dementia unit when she worked and clearly knows f**k all about the disease (sadly a case with a lot of carers working with it in all honesty). I worked/studied mental health nursing and worked in MH for a decade so know about it pretty well and my wife is a trained nurse and a 'Dementia Champion' yet the dad will listen to the untrained moron in regards to dementia ahead of us two. So it'll be so good to see her shot down from the social work side as well and she'll be shown up in front of the dad as the ignorant buffoon that she is. Though my guess is she'll know this so will be conveniently unable to make the meeting.

I should also mention she rarely bothers her fucking arse to come and see my girls on their birthday. She'll usually give the grandparents a card to give to her. It's hard not to badmouth her in front of my girls but I'm not like that. They can judge her for themselves when they are older. That's reminded me of another one - my wife's 30th a couple years ago and she got her f**k all. Absolutely nothing, not even a card. Personally I don't care about birthdays but 30 is a bit of a milestone for women. I could appreciate she struggled as she doesn't work but I found out that she bought her boyfriend of about 4 months over £100 worth of stuff for his birthday a couple of months later. Seriously, even a 25p card and my Mrs would have been content. She's been hurt by the little c**t so many times but never lets on.

Fucking hell, fizzing on your behalf reading that. Worked in MH for years myself and this SIL from hell reminds me of a few individuals.

Fucking hell, fizzing on your behalf reading that. Worked in MH for years myself and this SIL from hell reminds me of a few individuals.

My first comment in this thread wasn't a joke. I can't think of anything that riles me more than her pish. She also suffers from panic attacks apparently. And of course no one has ever witnessed one of these, just heard from her second hand.

Having ~£50 worth of fancy beers* taken from me at Aberdeen train station because the police decided that Caley vs Aberdeen (that well known troublesome clash) merited a dry-train policy to Inverness.  Thankfully the Dons lost.

*my brother and I were heading to Nairn and had planned on trying an exotic world beer at every station on the way up.  Still seething about it.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

My first comment in this thread wasn't a joke. I can't think of anything that riles me more than her pish. She also suffers from panic attacks apparently. And of course no one has ever witnessed one of these, just heard from her second hand.

Again, totally sympathise and it must make it even worse when you feel you're the only one who can see through this shit for the fake dramatics that it is.

Problem is, calling her out on her nonsense makes you look like the one in the wrong but she'll over-stretch herself one day and the penny will drop for everyone else. The longer you wait for someone to get their come-uppance, the sweeter it is when they do. And when that day dawns...

Cat Smile Happy Cat GIF - Cat Smile Happy Cat - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by ParsJake
A surplus piece of punctuation

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

She sounds like an absolute cuntmuscle

Again, totally sympathise and it must make it even worse when you feel you're the only one who can see through this shit for the fake dramatics that it is.
Problem is, calling her out on her nonsense makes you look like the one in the wrong but she'll over-stretch herself one day and the penny will drop for everyone else. The longer you wait for someone to get their come-uppance, the sweeter it is when they do. And when that day dawns...
cat-smile-happy-cat.gif

Absolutely. The wedding fiasco was the point which I realised she's untouchable by her parents and she knows it unfortunately . I get on great with my mother and father-in-law so will bite my tongue as regardless of how wrong she is they'll back her. It boggles my mind at times. There's unconditional love and then there's allowing this type of behaviour to continue. As sick as it sounds, once the parents are gone I think I'll end up blowing with her as no one else will back her up; even the extended family can't be doing with her. I go to Palmerston with her cousin and he can't stand her. My Mrs knows she's a c**t but tries to keep the peace and similarly with the eldest sister as she's been stung by it as mentioned. The irony about her pretending to care about her nana is that before she got dementia she (nana) couldn't stand the wee c**t. At our wedding she called her an auld b*****d in the toilet and she never apologised and was never forgiven by her nana either. Sadly the dementia kicked in and that was obviously forgotten.

She sounds like an absolute cuntmuscle

That's the nicest thing I think anyone has ever said about her.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Don't know when, but got word that all hell had broken lose as a result of that exchange. The bitch had apparently went into the kitchen and burst out crying saying to her mum that her sister said she (bitch) couldn't cope with her kid. It totally spiralled. The mum and dad believed this bullshit and the eldest one was actually a bit alienated for a while.

This part reminds me about my other half's cousin.

The scene:  Their granny's hoose on Christmas Day, 5 years ago.

The incident:  The 30yo cousin's over-pampered spaniel runs into the living room and jumps up onto the couch / us, spilling the drams that I and my other half's dad were drinking.  I gave a reactionary "bloody hell, that dog needs a good telling", and the dad agreed.  Other than wearing clothes reeking of whisky, the Xmas goes ahead without issue.  Nothing else is said about it.  Not even an apology from the dog owner.

A few days later... the aunt falls out with her sister (i.e. my other half's mum) as a result of me and the dad apparently ruining her Xmas, because the live-at-home cousin, who seemed fine at the time, went home and apparently balled her eyes out.  The two sisters live 10 miles apart, yet the aunt refused to visit or even talk at all.  No birthday cards get sent, etc etc, and this goes on for over a year until my other half's dad dies and the aunt decides to speak to her bereaved sister.   That's right, her brother-in-law is terminally ill with cancer, and she still wouldn't say anything at all, simply because he agreed with a factual comment about a dog that made her over-reactionary daughter cry.

Years on, and the cousin hasn't said a single word to me about it, more than happy to let a proxy war break out.  If she knows that I'll be at any meet-up, she, or the dog, will suddenly come down with some form of condition that means she can't come along.  Truly pathetic.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Three words: 

Get her pumped.

I think most people will have seen similar behaviour in their extended friend groups and families.  I think there are people who have a combination of being completely self-centred and absorbed and having a perpetual need for drama and conflict.  Self centredness often manifests itself in manipulative behaviour which creates drama and conflict.  It also alienates people who try to help and do right by the people displaying the behaviour - you can't win because they don't appreciate anything you do for them, they don't modify their behaviour because they don't have insight and if you just let things go it kicks the can down the road. 

One of our friend group is now completely estranged from us all due to this - she created, out of nothing, a huge argument on a shared holiday we went on, leading to her leaving halfway through.  I've since found out that her life has gone into a kind of meltdown since, she's had some very bad things happen to her but we can't reach out and help as she won't listen or reciprocate.  Her self centredness just means she will never ever forgive us so we just have to let her go her own way.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Having ~£50 worth of fancy beers* taken from me at Aberdeen train station because the police decided that Caley vs Aberdeen (that well known troublesome clash) merited a dry-train policy to Inverness.  Thankfully the Dons lost.

*my brother and I were heading to Nairn and had planned on trying an exotic world beer at every station on the way up.  Still seething about it.

I'm glad they took your beer

This sort of thing is the worst when it happens with families and extended families as you are tied to them. If it was a friend or someone else you know who display this sort of behaviour they'd be thrown in to the sea as far you could possibly do so.

I have plenty of this pish going on in my own family and also my wifes family. It can be excruciatingly tiring.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I think most people will have seen similar behaviour in their extended friend groups and families.  I think there are people who have a combination of being completely self-centred and absorbed and having a perpetual need for drama and conflict.  Self centredness often manifests itself in manipulative behaviour which creates drama and conflict.  It also alienates people who try to help and do right by the people displaying the behaviour - you can't win because they don't appreciate anything you do for them, they don't modify their behaviour because they don't have insight and if you just let things go it kicks the can down the road. 

One of our friend group is now completely estranged from us all due to this - she created, out of nothing, a huge argument on a shared holiday we went on, leading to her leaving halfway through.  I've since found out that her life has gone into a kind of meltdown since, she's had some very bad things happen to her but we can't reach out and help as she won't listen or reciprocate.  Her self centredness just means she will never ever forgive us so we just have to let her go her own way.

I've a stepdaughter like that.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

I'm glad they took your beer

Making them go sober to nairn surely was punishment enough? 

3 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

This sort of thing is the worst when it happens with families and extended families as you are tied to them. If it was a friend or someone else you know who display this sort of behaviour they'd be thrown in to the sea as far you could possibly do so.

I have plenty of this pish going on in my own family and also my wifes family. It can be excruciatingly tiring.

I had it to the point that I largely walked away from my family. People causing drama and the like just made it too hard when I was battling other demons and also trying to work and raise a family. 

It’s hard at times but I honestly don’t know what else I could have done other than sacrifice my sanity and self respect. I’m pretty much at peace with it now. 

My other halfs mother is the exact attention seeker being described, works on the front desk of a police station so phones the police if anyone dares to walk down the street at night or if a neighbour makes any noise after 8PM. Horrible woman, phones herself an ambulance regularly for things that turn out to be absolutely nothing and is off sick from work 99% of the time. Young couple moved in next door and I feel so bad for them, first house and they've been lumbered with this arsehole that's constantly harassing them, shes resorted to wandering about wearing a video camera round her neck as the young lad told her to f**k off.