Things that have riled you so much

15 hours ago, The Golden God said:

I hate Wales because they share a cricket team with England and aren’t even in the name. I get genuinely furious when they win at football or any other sport. I’m pro independence and want Irish unification but Wales can get to f**k, they’re just England West.

This. The current Wales football team is absolutely shit and I hate the love they get from the media. This is completely irrational but the World Cup will mark the first ( and hopefully last) time I am rooting for the England football team. 

47 minutes ago, HK Hibee said:

This. The current Wales football team is absolutely shit and I hate the love they get from the media. This is completely irrational but the World Cup will mark the first ( and hopefully last) time I am rooting for the England football team. 

I actually don’t mind the England football team these days. They seem like a nice enough bunch. 

I tried to make myself want them to win the Euros after we got papped out but found myself on my feet clapping at Sterling being held back and was thrilled by the entertainment value of the penalty shoot out catastrophe on the deflation in the studios. 

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I once got called an English b*****d while minding my own business in the away end at a Cardiff City v Bristol Rovers game. 

Hopefully in a Bristol accent.

10 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I actually don’t mind the England football team these days. They seem like a nice enough bunch. 

I tried to make myself want them to win the Euros after we got papped out but found myself on my feet clapping at Sterling being held back and was thrilled by the entertainment value of the penalty shoot out catastrophe on the deflation in the studios. 

This is where the utter stupidity of demanding that someone should support team a v team b falls flat on its arse. 

Cheer on who you want. I love watching a game as a neutral, but quite often end up leaning towards one side or another. 

18 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

It was from the home end. 

Bristol was not the most pleasant place to stay as a Scot in the late 1980s it has to be said. 

From what I gather, it's not the most pleasant place for Bristolians either.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

From what I gather, it's not the most pleasant place for Bristolians either.

As a non-Bristolian I couldn't possibly comment. Let's just say, an East Fife fan took refuge in a wee football team playing in blue called Rovers. 

On 22/06/2022 at 11:57, 19QOS19 said:

(My phone won't let me delete the quote, so apologies for getting you all excited with the "velo army quoted you" notification ").

Just popped on to say that the anti-Bristol shouts couldn't be wider of the mark. It's a superb and very bonnie city. I've been a few times now as I have pals down there.

Wild.

20 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Genuinely thought it was a fairly well known term, have heard it used plenty over the years in various places. Just means at that stage where your that bursting your back teeth tingle. 

19 hours ago, BFTD said:

It is, surely.

"ma back teeth were floatin'!"

15 hours ago, Empty It said:

This ^

I've heard "my back teeth are swimming" but no "swimming with my back teeth"

Genuinely never heard it before - cheers and I will definitely be using it

Being accused of lying when you're telling the truth.

I'm still riled by accusations going all the way back to high school, which still pop up in my mind from time to time.

Just the words:  "Aye right"

:angry:

On 23/06/2022 at 08:21, scottsdad said:

Phone Channel 5. See if you can get on the Nightmare Neighbours Next Door show. 

You may have to reenact some of this though, like picking up an envelope, opening it, reading it and feigning shock. 

Or practice the "compo face" when the papers pick up the story