Things that have riled you so much

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:
My neigbours. 

The sooner they move out the better. 

Mon mun. I bored everyone with my arsehole SiL behaviour. The bar has been set. We need more than that.

I'll keep this short for anyone who can be arsed to read this.  

A few months back we received a letter from our neighbours accusing us of putting random litter in their front and back gardens which of course is nonsense. The letter also stated if "this" litter issue does not stop. They will fully intend to take the matter further. Ever since we received this letter they have been acting like a of bunch of c***s. They will deliberately park their car close as possible to our house so we can't park our cars infront of our house. Anytime one of us leaves the house one of my neighbours will open their front door to stand and watch us. I'm surprised they haven't complained about my dog barking yet. 

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

A few months back we received a letter from our neighbours accusing us of putting random litter in their front and back gardens which of course is nonsense. The letter also stated if "this" litter issue does not stop. They will fully intend to take the matter further. Ever since we received this letter they have been acting like a of bunch of c***s. They will deliberately park their car close as possible to our house so we can't park our cars infront of our house. Anytime one of us leaves the house one of my neighbours will open their front door to stand and watch us. I'm surprised they haven't complained about my dog barking yet. 

You reciprocate their behaviour back onto themselves. You make their lives as difficult as possible too. Do not accept their behaviour in the hope they settle down, they are bullying you and your family and trying to intimidate you.

Take videos, make recordings and make them aware you are doing so. 

Or just pull them out their house one by one and punch f**k out them. Whichever you see easiest and most effective.

5 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

I hate Wales because they share a cricket team with England and aren’t even in the name. I get genuinely furious when they win at football or any other sport. I’m pro independence and want Irish unification but Wales can get to f**k, they’re just England West.

It's called the England and Wales Cricket board.

Also Welsh independence was voting yes in the last poll at 25%.  Round about the same as Scottish independence was less than 20 years ago. 

18 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, do folk not just phone each other for a chat anymore, or to check how they're doing, or are P&Bers far too busy for that nonsense?

I only did that with my folks, I speak to my brother about 4 times a year, maybe not even that.

I'm not a great one for social chit chat, but once I get going I'm o.k.

Most of my calls are as brief as possible and are usually related to some "business" or other, rather than "How are you keeping, what's up?, etc".

5 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Give them a cheery wave and a "Good to see you again".

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Phone Channel 5. See if you can get on the Nightmare Neighbours Next Door show. 

You may have to reenact some of this though, like picking up an envelope, opening it, reading it and feigning shock. 

4 hours ago, The Golden God said:

I hate Wales because they share a cricket team with England and aren’t even in the name. I get genuinely furious when they win at football or any other sport. I’m pro independence and want Irish unification but Wales can get to f**k, they’re just England West.

I remember being in a pub before a Scotland v Wales game where everyone was mingling fine, only for the room to suddenly split and become a bit nasty as soon as a few folk started singing "you're just a small part of England, small paaart of Englaaaaaaand!".

It would seem that it's a bit of a sensitive subject.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Phone Channel 5. See if you can get on the Nightmare Neighbours Next Door show. 

You may have to reenact some of this though, like picking up an envelope, opening it, reading it and feigning shock. 

Or point to an innocuous empty pavement as the music darkens, and you deadpan tell the camera about the time he skooshed you with a hose.

5 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Loads of Scots have played for England, having a proper Scotland team is relatively new.

6 hours ago, The Golden God said:

In my life, I have lived 39 years in Scotland, 3 years in Wales and 6 months in Sweden. 

Now, let me list the number of times I have been a victim of crime.

Scotland: 0

Sweden: 0

Wales: 2

Thieving Welsh b*****ds nicked my moped, then broke into my car and tried to nick it. Oh, and my (then-6 year old) step-daughter had a knife pulled on her in Wales. 

20 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

In my life, I have lived 39 years in Scotland, 3 years in Wales and 6 months in Sweden. 

Now, let me list the number of times I have been a victim of crime.

Scotland: 0

Sweden: 0

Wales: 2

Thieving Welsh b*****ds nicked my moped, then broke into my car and tried to nick it. Oh, and my (then-6 year old) step-daughter had a knife pulled on her in Wales. 

Would take Tenby, they can keep the rest. Pembroke Dock was like the wild west when I was down there working on one of the big LNG plants. We had quite a few issues with the locals because 70% of the site was travelling labour and they were demanding the jobs for themselves. We even hard a farmer taking pot shots at one of the cranes, protests at the gate to the site and people trying to block the entry to the car park. 

My lasting memory is stopping in a village somewhere in the valleys to ask someone if there was a pub nearby as I was swimming at the back teeth. The company car at the time had a Derbyshire plate on it. Before the window was even fully down the guy had launched into a full anti English tirade at me, until he heard my scots accent then he was brand new. One of the guy I worked with explained that in the valleys they can be properly territorial due to all the second homers who have been buying the place up and wrecking the housing market.....similar to what is happening up here now. 

4 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Would take Tenby, they can keep the rest. Pembroke Dock was like the wild west when I was down there working on one of the big LNG plants. We had quite a few issues with the locals because 70% of the site was travelling labour and they were demanding the jobs for themselves. We even hard a farmer taking pot shots at one of the cranes, protests at the gate to the site and people trying to block the entry to the car park. 

My lasting memory is stopping in a village somewhere in the valleys to ask someone if there was a pub nearby as I was swimming at the back teeth. The company car at the time had a Derbyshire plate on it. Before the window was even fully down the guy had launched into a full anti English tirade at me, until he heard my scots accent then he was brand new. One of the guy I worked with explained that in the valleys they can be properly territorial due to all the second homers who have been buying the place up and wrecking the housing market.....similar to what is happening up here now. 

Never heard that one before. 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Never heard that one before. 

Genuinely thought it was a fairly well known term, have heard it used plenty over the years in various places. Just means at that stage where your that bursting your back teeth tingle. 

30 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Genuinely thought it was a fairly well known term, have heard it used plenty over the years in various places. Just means at that stage where your that bursting your back teeth tingle. 

It is, surely.

"ma back teeth were floatin'!"