An alternative Pyramid (Lower League enthusiast)

League reconstruction has been done to death but whilst Scottish football adjusts to a lower league pyramid there are still the usual bickers and debates.

I've devised one just for fun. I planned to maybe recreate it on football manager but the more I looked at it, from MY view it looks like it makes perfect sense and could be realistic rather than a fantasy league.

I made a wee presentation on it here. The main points are amalgamating League 1 & 2 in the SPFL, a third league at tier 5 and a national non league cup to replace the Junior Cup.
I'm after feedback. I don't expect it'll ever happen but in my view it's the best proposal I've seen so far (bias eh?). Feel free to tell me it's mental, anything else is a bonus!
Would you like to see it? Would you like to see some of it? Is it fair on the club you support? Let me know.

https://my.visme.co/view/q689xj8e-6ep5dwp1we172dz3

17 minutes ago, GroundhopScot said:

League reconstruction has been done to death but whilst Scottish football adjusts to a lower league pyramid there are still the usual bickers and debates.

I've devised one just for fun. I planned to maybe recreate it on football manager but the more I looked at it, from MY view it looks like it makes perfect sense and could be realistic rather than a fantasy league.

I made a wee presentation on it here. The main points are amalgamating League 1 & 2 in the SPFL, a third league at tier 5 and a national non league cup to replace the Junior Cup.
I'm after feedback. I don't expect it'll ever happen but in my view it's the best proposal I've seen so far (bias eh?). Feel free to tell me it's mental, anything else is a bonus!
Would you like to see it? Would you like to see some of it? Is it fair on the club you support? Let me know.

https://my.visme.co/view/q689xj8e-6ep5dwp1we172dz3

For a start if League 1 and League 2 are merged, then Tier 5 becomes Tier 4.

And it does seem more fantasy than reality considering everything that's been seen over the 5 years. SPFL1&2 merging, 3 teams relegated from the national leagues, Midlands into the East, the South being integrated into the West so high and gradually eroded.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

For a start if League 1 and League 2 are merged, then Tier 5 becomes Tier 4.

And it does seem more fantasy than reality considering everything that's been seen over the 5 years. SPFL1&2 merging, 3 teams relegated from the national leagues, Midlands into the East, the South being integrated into the West so high and gradually eroded.

That's a great point for starters 😂 I'll get that changed.

I know there's a gap between some of the midland/south in proportion to similar level teams in the east/west but I felt like I had to give them their place considering where they currently stand.

What I will agree with, and have argued for a long time is that the SJFA split of the country (East/West/North) was always more sensible simple Highland/Lowland  and if the SFA/SPFL had acknowledged that the whole last 5 years or so would have been a lot less painful.

Can see the benefits though unsure if a 20 team conference would work, seems a big lump in the middle of a lot of smaller better thought out leagues.

5 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

What I will agree with, and have argued for a long time is that the SJFA split of the country (East/West/North) was always more sensible simple Highland/Lowland  and if the SFA/SPFL had acknowledged that the whole last 5 years or so would have been a lot less painful.

Can see the benefits though unsure if a 20 team conference would work, seems a big lump in the middle of a lot of smaller better thought out leagues.

It'd probably easier getting the SPFL to agree to 3 feeders and Club 42/Highland/West/East playoff.

Than getting automatic relegation from the SPFL. Let alone an increase to Club 41 being in the mix.

Cheers for the feedback!

My only thinking behind a bigger league in the SPFL was to push through 3 relegation spots rather than the 0.5 we have now. There was no way that'd work with a 10 team league. 

is it likely to happen? Definitely not.
In the current setup (assuming we had a 3rd league at tier 5) I wonder if they'd agree to having 1 down automatically and one in the play off with the 3 champions. A round robin where the top 2 are promoted? I'm not sure, just thinking out loud.