Hoose Baws

Raymond Mearns referred to these on Radio Scotland the other day - meaning these wee bobbles that appear on clothing through overwashing I think. 

I hadn't heard this term before. Did I mishear him or is this a geographical matter? 

3 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Raymond Mearns referred to these on Radio Scotland the other day - meaning these wee bobbles that appear on clothing through overwashing I think. 

I hadn't heard this term before. Did I mishear him or is this a geographical matter? 

Its oose not hoose

Called bobbles in the charity biz.

You know a charity shop is struggling/doesn't give a f**k when they're putting out bobbly claes. Straight in the recycling with them.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Sounds Throbberish.

Talking of which.. as a Father’s Day treat I’m getting to paint my daughter’s bedroom. She wanted a magnetic blackboard section and we agreed to “bleed” it around the edge of a wall. I’d pictured a gentle wavy line but she appears to have stencilled some giant cocks. 

20BDD51F-D22B-41DD-96DC-520F63A51917.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Talking of which.. as a Father’s Day treat I’m getting to paint my daughter’s bedroom. She wanted a magnetic blackboard section and we agreed to “bleed” it around the edge of a wall. I’d pictured a gentle wavy line but she appears to have stencilled some giant cocks. 

20BDD51F-D22B-41DD-96DC-520F63A51917.jpeg

If there’s big sets of hairy balls round the corner, be afraid.

(Good life advice in general tbf)

12 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

If there’s big sets of hairy balls round the corner, be afraid.

(Good life advice in general tbf)

More likely to be of the removable or equine variety. Think I’ve put her off the idea of having men in her life.

34 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Reported for racism!

5 hours ago, broon-loon said:

My Mum worked in Jute Mills when I was a young Loon, and from memory 'the dust' that flew around and gathered everywhere was known as 'oooo'.

Indeed, very flammable, and only one of the very dangerous hazards in 'The Factory'.

Aye, dust can be a fire hazard (which is why I never open my wallet, arf arf)

At chemistry lessons the teacher demonstrated this by putting a candle in a custard powder tin. It was set up so you could blow custard powder in through the side, which the candle ignited and the explosion blew the tin lid 10 feet in the air 

It impressed us anyway 

20 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Aye, dust can be a fire hazard (which is why I never open my wallet, arf arf)

At chemistry lessons the teacher demonstrated this by putting a candle in a custard powder tin. It was set up so you could blow custard powder in through the side, which the candle ignited and the explosion blew the tin lid 10 feet in the air 

It impressed us anyway 

A tin of Marvel emptied down a stairwell with some poor c**t standing at the bottom with a zippo is a joy to behold.