Spartans Season 22-23

Hoofhearted

Thanks to all who sent congratulations. I didn't want to come on last week and preempt anything.

We have achieved  5 objectives. 

Play off - tick

Lowland League- tick

HL play off - tbc tick

Club 42 play off - tbc  tick

South Challenge Cup tbc tick

Truthfully didn't expect to win it all.

Objective for next season is 9th or better.

On 01/06/2023 at 23:44, welshbairn said:

Are Spartans going to vote for 3/4s of the clubs they've left behind to be demoted to tier 6?

Why would you think Spartans would care about anything other than what happens to Spartans? The whole push for the pyramid was primarily driven by them and Cove Rangers as a way to get their own clubs into the SPFL. 160+ former junior clubs were not expected to gatecrash the party. The all in pyramid we have now happened by a fortunate set of circumstances more than anything else.

As you point out Spartans were one of the main driving forces for the Pyramid.  Why would they vote to destroy all their hard work over the last 15-20 years?

The fact that people who left when the B teams were voted into the league are now coming back on board tells me the vote will almost certainly be against the Conference League. 

The sense of relief around the club that we are out of the equation as one of the LL teams to be Invited into the CL is palpable. 

57 minutes ago, Hoofhearted said:

As you point out Spartans were one of the main driving forces for the Pyramid.  Why would they vote to destroy all their hard work over the last 15-20 years?

The fact that people who left when the B teams were voted into the league are now coming back on board tells me the vote will almost certainly be against the Conference League. 

The sense of relief around the club that we are out of the equation as one of the LL teams to be Invited into the CL is palpable. 

The Conference isn't due to start until 24-25, plenty time for you to need a mattress. 

3 hours ago, edinabear said:

Have Spartans built a new stand for next season? The evening news article suggests they have.

Yes they recently opened a smaller stand on the west side of the ground.

I took the family to a few games last season and was delighted to see them promoted.

I wont go now though with their love in with hearts and their b team

Edited by Sparticus

1 hour ago, Sparticus said:

I took the family to a few games last season and was delighted to see them promoted.

Don't despair plenty of other teams to follow. Hate using this word; groundhop and watch different teams. It gives you a wider perspective about our wee footballing country and you come across some absolute bonkers folk. Sorry I mean interesting folk.

2 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Did Hearts fans boycott Spartans when Hibs entered into a deal with Spartans about player development by any chance?

https://theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2014/06/hibs-and-spartans-in-unique-collaboration/

That arrangement ended in tears, of course.

Spartans / Hibernian Transition Academy

Posted on Thursday, October 1st, 2015

Responding to reports in today’s press relating to the termination of the Transition Academy arrangement with Hibernian Football Club, Spartans Chairman Craig Graham said, “Unfortunately it has become clear that Spartans and Hibs have different approaches to the development of young players.

“It is a great shame that the project did not work out as we had hoped. We obviously wish Hibs youth development all the best for the future but we will now focus all our attentions on developing the promising youngsters we have at Spartans.

Edited by Footballfirst