Spartans Season 22-23

Hoofhearted

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

IIRC…

2014/15 - Brora beat Edinburgh (2-2 aggregate, pens)

2015/16 - Edinburgh beat Cove (4-1)

2016/17 - East Kilbride beat Buckie (4-3)

2017/18 - Cove beat Spartans (5-2)

2018/19 - Cove beat East Kilbride (5-1)

2020/21 - Kelty beat Brora (6-1)

2021/22 - Bonnyrigg beat Fraserburgh (3-2)

2022/23 - Spartans beat Brechin (3-3, pens)

LL leading 5-3 on ties and 2-1 on promotions. 

3-1 on promotions (Edinburgh City, Kelty Hearts, Bonnyrigg Rose vs Cove Rangers)

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

IIRC…

2014/15 - Brora beat Edinburgh (2-2 aggregate, pens)

2015/16 - Edinburgh beat Cove (4-1)

2016/17 - East Kilbride beat Buckie (4-3)

2017/18 - Cove beat Spartans (5-2)

2018/19 - Cove beat East Kilbride (5-1)

2020/21 - Kelty beat Brora (6-1)

2021/22 - Bonnyrigg beat Fraserburgh (3-2)

2022/23 - Spartans beat Brechin (3-3, pens)

LL leading 5-3 on ties and 2-1 on promotions. 

Thank you for that 👍🏻

Thanks to all who sent congratulations. I didn't want to come on last week and preempt anything.

We have achieved 3 of 5 objectives. 

Play off - tick

Lowland League- tick

HL play off -tick

Club 42 play off - tbc

South Challenge Cup tbc

Just the 2 to go.

16 hours ago, Hoofhearted said:

Thanks to all who sent congratulations. I didn't want to come on last week and preempt anything.

We have achieved 3 of 5 objectives. 

Play off - tick

Lowland League- tick

HL play off -tick

Club 42 play off - tbc

South Challenge Cup tbc

Just the 2 to go.

Vote b teams in - tick.

Sorry sometimes it's too good an opportunity to turn up.

Seriously great result.

Shouldn't have to play another play off round. So wish you come out on top.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

50/50 now v Albion Rovers

Probably be healthy for Albion Rovers to drop down and take the pressure off the yearly battle with relegation.

Having said, they'll now probably stay up.

Are you a Vampyre you post during the hours of darkness?

That's cool if you are I hold no prejudice for any man.

I felt that when I seen the scoreline, but are Rovers capable of 2 performances in a row?

Really healthy crowd at this one... shows just how much interest there is in the game even when there is something to play for between two sides not exactly known for their sizeable crowds...

Pretty poor game. Two sides that really didn't know how to play each other and a draw was maybe about right. Too many pointless high/long balls from Spartans that led to... nothing. Last 10 when they got the ball down they looked like they could cause some issues, but by then, Rovers mostly looked like they were defending the draw and are probably confident they can do the job next week.

Absolute salute to the Spartans ultras who filled their wee part of the stand, drummed, bounced and sang all game.

40 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

I felt that when I seen the scoreline, but are Rovers capable of 2 performances in a row?

In fairness, yesterday wasn't much of a performance by eirher side! Rovers avoided defeat in the away leg... so if they can actually raise their game a bit, they must fancy next week with home advantage!

Having said that... can't quite see Spartans being as poor as they were two weeks in a row either...

14 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

In fairness, yesterday wasn't much of a performance by eirher side! Rovers avoided defeat in the away leg... so if they can actually raise their game a bit, they must fancy next week with home advantage!

Having said that... can't quite see Spartans being as poor as they were two weeks in a row either...

Spartans as a club have been waiting for this opportunity for a long time. Have memories of them being almost admitted to League setup in 2012 when all the crap was happening.

Nought against Rovers, just that they finished bottom so should be relegated. I'm a simple man with simple ideas.

2 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Spartans as a club have been waiting for this opportunity for a long time. Have memories of them being almost admitted to League setup in 2012 when all the crap was happening.

Nought against Rovers, just that they finished bottom so should be relegated. I'm a simple man with simple ideas.

No argument with that! Spartans were basically front runners in setting up the pyramid as they have really wanted that place in L2 for some times... and yep, a lot thought they were hard done by in 2012 when a newly formed team jumped ahead of them... *cough*

I don't mind Rovers either... but yes they should be relegated! And the HL/LL playoff should be a one-off neutral venue winner takes all match... maybe one day!

24 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Your memory is wrong. They were nowhere near being admitted to the league in 2012.

11 minutes ago, drs said:

Your memory is wrong. They were nowhere near being admitted to the league in 2012.

👍can always rely on you to correct me when I'm wrong. 😙