Spartans Season 22-23

Hoofhearted

22 hours ago, Jute said:

I can see why the Brechin keeper was not sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity as he was not the last man but the challenge itself was reckless and could easily been a red card offence. 

Agree , think the ref got caught up with DOGSO issue, probably right on that one. However the challenge itself a red card all day long. Double dunt  is he will be available for next game, unlike the Spartans lad.

On 30/04/2023 at 12:18, Footballfirst said:

Red card every day of the week. Fulfils both DOGSO and serious foul play criteria.

May be an image of 2 people, people playing American football, people playing football and text

May be an image of 3 people, people playing football, people playing American football and text

I take it the keeper wasn't last man as there must of been Brechin defenders out of picture to the left?  In this picture the Brechin defenders are in front of keeper so if they are the only defenders then keeper must be last man, is that right?

Suggest this has 2 possible red card  elements, will give my take on each. 

DOCGSO - the term " last man" is an over simplification,  numerous factors app.y eg distance from goal, likelihood of control of ball by attacker, location and number of defenders.  All of which add up to chance of clear goal scoring opportunity.  In this case I think the balance is just against giving a red card.

Serious Foul Play / Violent Conduct-the basic difference is whether trying to play ball ( SFP) or not ( VC). Both consider endangering opponent , excessive force, brutality.  Take your pick of either, absolutely a red card.

Yep Brechin poor.

I could see what the tactics were trying to achieve but it did not work with so many being off the boil.

If we are talking about the keepers red card - it probably was then there was another similar incident where Spartans should have had one, very similar to the one where a red was shown. Twice we were breaking through and twice a defender sliced them down. One a red the other not?

Either way we need to be much better to progress.

Excellent stuff, now get out there and relegate the Rovers. Show those idiots that the pyramid works without a need for Conference Leagues and B teams.

3 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Fantastic for the LL. Does anyone know the overall record of LL v HL in the play-off

IIRC…

2014/15 - Brora beat Edinburgh (2-2 aggregate, pens)

2015/16 - Edinburgh beat Cove (4-1)

2016/17 - East Kilbride beat Buckie (4-3)

2017/18 - Cove beat Spartans (5-2)

2018/19 - Cove beat East Kilbride (5-1)

2020/21 - Kelty beat Brora (6-1)

2021/22 - Bonnyrigg beat Fraserburgh (3-2)

2022/23 - Spartans beat Brechin (3-3, pens)

LL leading 5-3 on ties and 2-1 on promotions.