22/23 Premiership Kits

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Customer is always right

Fans want Green & White hoops, why bother making something different if you know it won’t sell

Seems to annoys fans outwith Celtic a lot more tbh

I'm no OF fan, but to be fair to Celtic their jersey is 'iconic' (sorry!), unique in the SPFL, recognised all over the world, and unchanged for over a century*. Why would they want to change it, except perhaps to extract more money from their fans? They deserve credit for not descending to that tin-pot level**.

* = Copied in 1904 from an older Hibs kit

** = I'm tempting fate there, with Ross County's new kit about to be unveiled!

Edited by Stag Nation

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

That looks shite I’m afraid.

If it was a plain blue top with the rest of it the same it would be decent. The patterning through the blue is what you criticise us for, unnecessary detailing which spoils what would have been a decent shirt.

Obviously, a subjective matter, but I was just talking about St Johnstone kits adding the Perth skyline across the arse area, or having yellow and/or white bits that, again in my opinion, don’t need to even be there. I didn’t mean just an overall effect through the blue. Having said that, if you reckon that Leicester shirt looks shite, then it is. That’s absolutely your right. 👍

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Obviously, a subjective matter, but I was just talking about St Johnstone kits adding the Perth skyline across the arse area, or having yellow and/or white bits that, again in my opinion, don’t need to even be there. I didn’t mean just an overall effect through the blue. Having said that, if you reckon that Leicester shirt looks shite, then it is. That’s absolutely your right. 👍

Oh I agree about a lot of our strips over the last decade.  You feel it shouldn’t be as difficult to make a decent blue top as we regularly make it.

On the topic of St Johnstone kits, I always thought Xara (whatever happened to them?) did a good job. I remember really liking this kit at the time - we had the same template but it was nowhere near as nice, though that was the Malpas season which could have skewed my judgment slightly. 

st-johnstone-home-football-shirt-2006-2007-s_1216_1.jpg

welltop06.thumb.png.6d0f01ab2fb7016394ae24e1fdaf574a.png

You can see why ours looked shite. The white piping and collar stand out and look cheap. It is easier to hide that on St Johnstone's top which is only blue and white.

The badges on both tops are not great. Sewn directly onto the shirt was a change from the patches Xara had been doing but they look way worse. And I don't think we ever officially had a white outline around the shield.

If you cared about the St Johnstone badge you would also see it is just completely wrong. Wrong colour, wrong shapes.

43 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

welltop06.thumb.png.6d0f01ab2fb7016394ae24e1fdaf574a.png

You can see why ours looked shite. The white piping and collar stand out and look cheap. It is easier to hide that on St Johnstone's top which is only blue and white.

The badges on both tops are not great. Sewn directly onto the shirt was a change from the patches Xara had been doing but they look way worse. And I don't think we ever officially had a white outline around the shield.

If you cared about the St Johnstone badge you would also see it is just completely wrong. Wrong colour, wrong shapes.

This was my favourite Xara Saints effort.

1DE3B62F-57CB-44D6-A58B-08325B4D8017.thumb.jpeg.8cde9b7a8d9cee1ff08715b4fccbd146.jpeg

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

On the topic of St Johnstone kits, I always thought Xara (whatever happened to them?) did a good job. I remember really liking this kit at the time - we had the same template but it was nowhere near as nice, though that was the Malpas season which could have skewed my judgment slightly. 

See I thinks that’s a poor effort! The Motherwell one works far better for me.  

Shows you’ll never keep everyone happy I guess.

On 24/06/2022 at 12:16, Merkland Red said:

FullKits-601x1024.png

Never liked pinstripes or candy stripes on football tops. Seems to be very popular amongst the fans on here though, so fair play. I thought your last couple of kits looked better.

On 30/06/2022 at 16:02, Lyle Lanley said:

FWgkoaEUIAQFTG6?format=jpg&name=small

Horrific. 

I am completely incapable of objectivity when it comes to Hibs kits, but even I am thinking that must be a poor design for your fans?

On 02/07/2022 at 09:09, Clown Job said:

50318094-B59B-485A-85F7-1B7277F79033.jpeg

image.gif.2e6990562c839da9c1ca80931a432d43.gif

I can already smell sitting behind a family of them on an aeroplane headed home from a week in Gran Canaria, every single one of them wearing it and zero washes.

On 04/07/2022 at 17:58, Stag Nation said:

I'm no OF fan, but to be fair to Celtic their jersey is 'iconic' (sorry!), unique in the SPFL, recognised all over the world, and unchanged for over a century*. Why would they want to change it, except perhaps to extract more money from their fans? They deserve credit for not descending to that tin-pot level**.

* = Copied in 1904 from an older Hibs kit

The Irish Rugby Football Team were wearing hoops 6 months before Hibs were founded

1920px-Ireland-First-Team-1875.jpg

There aren't any subs in the picture. They were playing 20 a side

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

I can already smell sitting behind a family of them on an aeroplane headed home from a week in Gran Canaria, every single one of them wearing it and zero washes.

You sound like a Tory with that patter 

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

I am completely incapable of objectivity when it comes to Hibs kits, but even I am thinking that must be a poor design for your fans?

A lot of fans seem happy with it. The pattern on the shirt annoys me. 

17 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I was about to say that's quite nice but then I saw the Motherwell version and thought oh no, that's actually much nicer. Leading me to think that it's simply impossible to have a nice St Johnstone top.

But then @Bonksy+HisChristianParade came along :wub: Definitely the nicest St J kit I've seen. Would you guys say that was the right blue?