22/23 Premiership Kits

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The Celtic strip looks awful and the patterning reminds me of their early 90s kits which can't be a good thing. The silver adidas stripes are just out of place. The green and white hoops being different thicknesses is not great either.

for me it is not as good as the last couple of celtic tops although I could see some purist not liking last seasons with way the hoops were done.

That is like saying St johnstone is just a blue top but they churn out horrible strips every season. At least your double winning  kit was decent and what most people consider the right shade of blue for St Johnstone.

Our double winning kit is easily our best and pretty much our only decent kit.

What was better was the Scottish cup version and the only Saints top I’ve  ever bought. 

On 01/07/2022 at 20:05, kingjoey said:

It’s going to be green and white hoops. It’s actually impossible to make any top that has green and white hoops look anything but horrendous.

On 01/07/2022 at 20:46, kingjoey said:

In my humble opinion, no Celtic strip in the history of Celtic strips has been a cracker, or anything close.

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No you can’t.

It’s just a football strip mate 

Not worth getting that worked up over it, especially when it’s not your team

33 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It’s just a football strip mate 

Not worth getting that worked up over it, especially when it’s not your team

Not sure if you’re new to this thread, but if you check back you’ll find that there are loads of fans of different clubs commenting on other teams strips. Personally I’ve been on earlier in the thread saying how much I like the strips of Motherwell, Hearts and Killie. I’ve also seen a few taking the piss out of Celtic’s top.

5 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

That is like saying St johnstone is just a blue top but they churn out horrible strips every season. At least your double winning  kit was decent and what most people consider the right shade of blue for St Johnstone.

Yeah, but even if you could be a bit creative with hoops, like Morton and Accies in 90's with the triangles, Celtic don't. At best there is thicker or thiner hoops, but all within a cosy range. Even the away kits are much alike. Fine if the kit doesn't change much, but don't ask fans (who they know fine well do) to part with £50+ every 12 months for the same thing.

On Saints kits, yes, it's all variations of blue, but as you say, shades change and we have even had white home strips, pinstripes, blocks of white etc.

19 hours ago, Clown Job said:

This argument never really makes sense to me 

Of course it’s Green and White hoops, but you can still do a lot with it.

You can set it on fire, bin it, rip it, cut it up, bury it, take it back, microwave it until it melts. Lots of things :)

Edited by andrewh

On 03/07/2022 at 02:44, kingjoey said:

No you can’t.

I think that there is plenty that you can do with a hooped jersey to make it more interesting. It all depends on if it appeals to the purist / consumer and whether they will part with their cash that issues probably arise.

image.png.8c94dc1f3c98036ef10c945fd0ec7a55.pngimage.png.6ddb0abb7cedb003a3e111c79b337750.pngimage.png.24cc7ecd14f14baca8882c4d736cf989.pngimage.png.06d1a3de3b24bc1fc25b76de73c7c8d8.png

34 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I think that there is plenty that you can do with a hooped jersey to make it more interesting. It all depends on if it appeals to the purist / consumer and whether they will part with their cash that issues probably arise.

image.png.8c94dc1f3c98036ef10c945fd0ec7a55.pngimage.png.6ddb0abb7cedb003a3e111c79b337750.pngimage.png.24cc7ecd14f14baca8882c4d736cf989.pngimage.png.06d1a3de3b24bc1fc25b76de73c7c8d8.png

If Celtic and their kit supplier did anything to ‘break up’ their precious hoops, the Green Brigade would run out of paint and bedsheets with which to protest using their patented shite typeface.

On 02/07/2022 at 22:00, Theyellowbox said:

On Saints kits, yes, it's all variations of blue, but as you say, shades change and we have even had white home strips, pinstripes, blocks of white etc.

There have been several recent St Mirren shirts that I don’t like much, but I cannot remember the last time St Johnstone had a home strip that I liked at all. You always seem to add bits and bobs that fcuk up what could be a decent shirt. Just my opinion obviously, but all your club needs to do is to switch to Adidas, bung your own crest and sponsor logo onto last season’s Leicester City kit, and bingo - the best looking St Johnstone kit in twenty years.

C86255D5-1DF3-4325-A611-F7681CFF530E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Ok, when I said “no you can’t “ I was meaning what Celtic would do with green and white hoops. None of your above examples would even be considered by that club.

There have been several recent St Mirren shirts that I don’t like much, but I cannot remember the last time St Johnstone had a home strip that I liked at all. You always seem to add bits and bobs that fcuk up what could be a decent shirt. Just my opinion obviously, but all your club needs to do is to switch to Adidas, bung your own crest and sponsor logo onto last season’s Leicester City kit, and bingo - the best looking St Johnstone kit in twenty years.

C86255D5-1DF3-4325-A611-F7681CFF530E.thumb.jpeg.7467815e5be5cc45e84a0758db2e4e8b.jpeg

We supposedly had an adidas kit at one point but I can’t find any pictures of players wearing it.

IMG_2281.jpg

A modern version of the Umbro top with the diamonds down the sleeves would be class. Hearts had that template recently.

IMG_2280.jpg

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

We supposedly had an adidas kit at one point but I can’t find any pictures of players wearing it.

IMG_2281.jpg

A modern version of the Umbro top with the diamonds down the sleeves would be class. Hearts had that template recently.

IMG_2280.jpg

We've not had anything like that Umbro top since the late 70's mate. Fans have been wanting the old school diamonds on the sleeves for years but it's never happened.

We've not had anything like that Umbro top since the late 70's mate. Fans have been wanting the old school diamonds on the sleeves for years but it's never happened.

Ah yeah, no the Hearts one had diamonds around the end of the sleeves rather than down them.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

There have been several recent St Mirren shirts that I don’t like much, but I cannot remember the last time St Johnstone had a home strip that I liked at all.

I don't think we've ever had a properly cracking home top tbh. 

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

If Celtic and their kit supplier did anything to ‘break up’ their precious hoops, the Green Brigade would run out of paint and bedsheets with which to protest using their patented shite typeface.

Customer is always right

Fans want Green & White hoops, why bother making something different if you know it won’t sell

Seems to annoys fans outwith Celtic a lot more tbh

44 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Customer is always right

Fans want Green & White hoops, why bother making something different if you know it won’t sell

Seems to annoys fans outwith Celtic a lot more tbh

In my big top 100 things that annoy me about Celtic list, your strip just creeps into #97

jimmy fallon reasons GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Edited by Kapowzer

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

You always seem to add bits and bobs that fcuk up what could be a decent shirt. Just my opinion obviously, but all your club needs to do is to switch to Adidas, bung your own crest and sponsor logo onto last season’s Leicester City kit, and bingo - the best looking St Johnstone kit in twenty years.

C86255D5-1DF3-4325-A611-F7681CFF530E.jpeg

That looks shite I’m afraid.

If it was a plain blue top with the rest of it the same it would be decent. The patterning through the blue is what you criticise us for, unnecessary detailing which spoils what would have been a decent shirt.

33 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

That looks shite I’m afraid.

If it was a plain blue top with the rest of it the same it would be decent. The patterning through the blue is what you criticise us for, unnecessary detailing which spoils what would have been a decent shirt.

Correct. It's fucking awful. Looks like it's had too much detergent in the wash.