22/23 Premiership Kits

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Didn't Hearts do the print of the stand on a kit not long ago.

Bit of a minter from Hibs imo.

Looks like they zoomed in too much on their map of edinburgh kit and got streetview

Third kit last season if memory serves

17 hours ago, ATLIS said:

To be fair black home kit seems to be our normal now although a nice amber kit would be fine. I'm not a fan of white kits to be honest but there's a rumour going around we're going for a white home kit and black away this year :D 

Do you think that’s a feature of being a makey uppie franchise with no history or tradition? …  You can go for a different home colour every season and nobody really cares??

Celtic 3rd - Tremendous effort. I love a black football kit and that one is a proper hark back albeit with a bit of a mint green twist.

Hearts away - Stunning. Absolutely love it. Looks even better as a kit.

Hibs home - Hard act to follow on last year's effort and it kind of harks back to Man Utd's in the mid 90s when they had the two tone of Old Trafford running through the shirt. I can appreciate the effort but it just hasn't worked on this one. The photo picked is just not a good one at all to put on a shirt.

Kilmarnock - Home is just way too blue so doesn't look like a Killie shirt, away is perfectly fine, third is OK but I don't know if you should wear it or sit on it getting a train somewhere.

Motherwell - Amazing. I don't honestly every think I've looked at a Motherwell shirt and had any other feeling than really liking it. They've hit the sweet spot that those two colours together just work and no-one else out there does it, so there's nothing to gauge them against as doing it better or worse than. Although the classic format is the amber shirt with the one claret band through the middle, any variation just seems to work for some reason.

Rangers  - Both just pretty much cookie cutter stuff. Castore seem to have this hard-on for 'remember this top? Here it is again!' but unlike other clubs who are doing similar, there just seems to be no effort or thought put into it by Castore to add any sort of twist or spin to it and they just appear to be closing their eyes on historicalkits.co.uk, pointing at a shirt and going 'yup, that'll do' - 1988/89 has won the lottery this year. A royal blue home kit should not be a hard colour to make an arse of. Rangers had some absolute belters in the 90s, 2000s and early 2010s but since Umbro left them, Puma, Hummell and now Castore have constantly phoned it in.

I really like our home and away strips this season. I did not like either last season, but did like the third strip, so I am glad that one is carrying over. Three strips that I like at the one time? Unheard of. 😄

I think Motherwell’s looks good. I don’t like candy stripes so the Celtic one is a no from me. Rangers meh.

Hibs one doesn’t seem to be going down too well with their fans. I suppose that’s the risk with breaking from tradition. When we went with that Ajax style one a few years ago, the response was pretty mixed. Many didn’t like that it “wasn’t a Hearts top”, while others recognised it was only for a season so okay for a wee change.

On another note. This is genuinely the first P&B thread since I signed up over a year ago, where opposition fans are almost universally being pleasant about something Hearts. 🤣

2 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I really like our home and away strips this season. I did not like either last season, but did like the third strip, so I am glad that one is carrying over. Three strips that I like at the one time? Unheard of. 😄

I think Motherwell’s looks good. I don’t like candy stripes so the Celtic one is a no from me. Rangers meh.

Hibs one doesn’t seem to be going down too well with their fans. I suppose that’s the risk with breaking from tradition. When we went with that Ajax style one a few years ago, the response was pretty mixed. Many didn’t like that it “wasn’t a Hearts top”, while others recognised it was only for a season so okay for a wee change.

On another note. This is genuinely the first P&B thread since I signed up over a year ago, where opposition fans are almost universally being pleasant about something Hearts. 🤣

Ha ha, to be fair some of that comes from a minority of Hearts fans acting like complete idiots, the whole “only Hearts” thing just came across as so sanctimonious.

On 18/06/2022 at 05:54, ATLIS said:

To be fair black home kit seems to be our normal now although a nice amber kit would be fine. I'm not a fan of white kits to be honest but there's a rumour going around we're going for a white home kit and black away this year :D 

Motherwell kit is stinking as well, just something seems off about it. Hibs one isn't terrible though

I’m hoping that there is something subliminal going on with our new media graphics being amber, and that our kit was supposed to be bespoke this season. Amber would be tremendous. 

I like the Motherwell kit, but my OCD cannae abide by the crest not being centred. Both Hearts kits are tremendous. 

16 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Do you think that’s a feature of being a makey uppie franchise with no history or tradition? …  You can go for a different home colour every season and nobody really cares??

There was a lot of displeasure one year when our home kit was meant to be white and they eventually changed it. IMO Black/Amber are Livi colours which is a fairly traditional one for us, I think those were the colours for one of our first home kits

5 hours ago, mozam76 said:

I’m hoping that there is something subliminal going on with our new media graphics being amber, and that our kit was supposed to be bespoke this season. Amber would be tremendous. 

I like the Motherwell kit, but my OCD cannae abide by the crest not being centred. Both Hearts kits are tremendous. 

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

There was a lot of displeasure one year when our home kit was meant to be white and they eventually changed it. IMO Black/Amber are Livi colours which is a fairly traditional one for us, I think those were the colours for one of our first home kits

I had never really noticed this to any great degree, until I thought back about it, after reading this thread. That is quite a unique Livi thing isn’t it? Now that I think about it your home tops have varied quite dramatically over the years. Amber and white stripes, amber, black. I can’t really think of another club who changes their main home colour combination as much as that. 

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

I had never really noticed this to any great degree, until I thought back about it, after reading this thread. That is quite a unique Livi thing isn’t it? Now that I think about it your home tops have varied quite dramatically over the years. Amber and white stripes, amber, black. I can’t really think of another club who changes their main home colour combination as much as that. 

I think it's been a conscious thing since getting back to the Premiership that we're trying to build a bit of tradition in our colours and actually lock in our own identity. Definitely in recent years it's been a thing, it seems like we've settled on black/amber/white which I quite like. Happy to see we've binned the yellow as it was stinking but a cheaper option in lower leagues. 

I think we actually went back to black as our main colour in the year we came up from the Championship. We also amended our badge to similar too. It's definitely something unique as a newer club, almost every other club has a nice long tradition to build from but we don't. We're a bit of an older club now so a mind is actually being paid towards building tradition is nice, a shame we didnt get a 25 year anniversary kit mind you

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I think it's been a conscious thing since getting back to the Premiership that we're trying to build a bit of tradition in our colours and actually lock in our own identity. Definitely in recent years it's been a thing, it seems like we've settled on black/amber/white which I quite like. Happy to see we've binned the yellow as it was stinking but a cheaper option in lower leagues. 

I think we actually went back to black as our main colour in the year we came up from the Championship. We also amended our badge to similar too. It's definitely something unique as a newer club, almost every other club has a nice long tradition to build from but we don't. We're a bit of an older club now so a mind is actually being paid towards building tradition is nice, a shame we didnt get a 25 year anniversary kit mind you

Cheers. I hadn’t actually noticed that the amber had changed to yellow, and just put that down to the same colour being framed with white or black, and creating an optical illusion.

In all honesty, I don’t think it’s a bad thing to be a bit different and have constantly changing combinations of the same three base colours. Sorta sets you out as a bit unique.

To be fair black home kit seems to be our normal now although a nice amber kit would be fine. I'm not a fan of white kits to be honest but there's a rumour going around we're going for a white home kit and black away this year [emoji3] 

Motherwell kit is stinking as well, just something seems off about it. Hibs one isn't terrible though
Our premiership home kits until last season were all mainly amber. I have a feeling (hope) we might see a reimagining of the 01 kit with the black bar across the chest and white stripes on the sleeves which would be phenomenal if done right.
The home kit has always been a combination of black, amber (yellow) and/or white. The yellow was only because we couldn't get amber kits off the rack from suppliers

16 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Cheers. I hadn’t actually noticed that the amber had changed to yellow, and just put that down to the same colour being framed with white or black, and creating an optical illusion.

In all honesty, I don’t think it’s a bad thing to be a bit different and have constantly changing combinations of the same three base colours. Sorta sets you out as a bit unique.

Thing is they have changed the name of the club numerous times, so changing club colours is a minor issue.

23 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

22/23 HOME SOCK - SNR

We will have the worst home socks this season. 

I like the socks. Should have been hooped all the way up just to annoy certain Glasgow football teams😆

Edited by AndyM

Guest AberhillEnd
On 19/06/2022 at 16:02, ATLIS said:

Maybe because it was Meadowbank's colours 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, AberhillEnd said:

Maybe because it was Meadowbank's colours 🤷🏼‍♂️

True but as far as I’m concerned it’s a different club. I’m not going to be some mad random claiming that we’re the same club, same titles etc. 

Livi’s history is 1995-Present 

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Killie's "Bus seat" 3rd shirt is a throwback to the vintage psychadelia of 90s goalkeeper shirts only this time it's for outfield players

It's only having something as pedestrian as "Brownings the bakers" as a sponsor that stops it being far out and awesome

Introducing 90s classics to our retro range - Kilmarnock FC