22/23 Premiership Kits

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Ours has yet to be "officially" released but the new kit man changed his profile picture to "option 2" of the SMiSA vote.

It's a  white kit with three black stripes front and back, and the white stripes have a subtle Paisley Pattern incorporated.

Those ITK say the away kit is "stonner inducing".

Glad to hear the away kit is a good one… we’ll probably wear it more than we wear the B&W stripes. Especially if those twats at the SPFL sanction another Livvy black or white kit. I’d like to have been in the meeting where Livvy submitted last season’s designs. It would have taken me all of two seconds to raise my hand and say ‘Erm, what are you planning to wear away to St Mirren?’.

21 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I looked at that photo of the three Killie shirts, looked away, looked back, looked away… all I can see are the oval sponsor logos. Staring back at me, can’t escape their overbearing oval gaze. 😎

It absolutely ruins what would be a tremendous yellow effort. Home and 3rd are poor even before considering the blob.

Hearts have probably got a strip that's hard to f**k up - and I really like this year's effort again. On the other hand, Hibs is a bit poor (or maybe the photo doesn't do much for it). Talking of photos - the Killie ones appear to have been taken on a late 2000's smartphone, which doesn't help but the home top looks decent and I quite like the 3rd top even though I feel like I shouldn't.

Our top was based on a mid-80's design that was (just) before my time - and I think they've done a good job with it and it's nice for a change away from the band.

SEASON 1982/1983 MOTHERWELL Gary McAllister Stock Photo, Royalty Free ...

Motherwell lose points for the single coloured back, and more for it being in the wrong colour - it'll look like an away kit when players have got their back to you.

642842943_Screenshot_20220617-103744_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2c927e3578c0e62cf66ed30cd785fcc5.jpg

Killie's 3rd shirt could be good camouflage on a bus journey, which incidently is exactly what Bohemians have gone for over the water....

Screenshot_20220617-104347_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1060c2f9072715892620c11a0196f1e0.jpg

I like ours, don't get me wrong I wouldn't advocate a permanent move but really there's only so much you can do with an amber shirt with a claret band. Last year's effort was fine but pretty bland so a change is good.

As @Swello points out it's a throwback to an early 80s design and it's a solid rework IMO. It's not been "re-imagined" or anything it's pretty much a straight copy which, to me, is preferable to trying to modernise an old design.

Hearts' shirts look nice, that Hibs home shirt is just trying far too hard. I preferred the original early 90s version that the Celtic away kit is based on, same with the Rangers home effort I take it it's an update of the mid-80s Souness-era one with the pop button?

All 3 of Killie's kits are just very much not for me.

Edited by capt_oats

Motherwells would've been nicer with the colours reversed, IMO. 

Hearts home is shit. They have class basic tops but this one is just boring, away looks great.

Kilmarnocks home is shite, away is great, and 3rd kit will only be bought by hipsters in Luton who buy as many "wacky" tops as they can.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I looked at that photo of the three Killie shirts, looked away, looked back, looked away… all I can see are the oval sponsor logos. Staring back at me, can’t escape their overbearing oval gaze. 😎

Does it help if you imagine it to be a perfectly oval hole with a white Bakery-branded t-shirt underneath?

31 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Does it help if you imagine it to be a perfectly oval hole with a white Bakery-branded t-shirt underneath?

Nah, not working, but I must admit, as we approach lunchtime, I could murder a Killie pie. 😀

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I like ours, don't get me wrong I wouldn't advocate a permanent move but really there's only so much you can do with an amber shirt with a claret band. Last year's effort was fine but pretty bland so a change is good.

As @Swello points out it's a throwback to an early 80s design and it's a solid rework IMO. It's not been "re-imagined" or anything it's pretty much a straight copy which, to me, is preferable to trying to modernise an old design.

Hearts' shirts look nice, that Hibs home shirt is just trying far too hard. I preferred the original early 90s version that the Celtic away kit is based on, same with the Rangers home effort I take it it's an update of the mid-80s Souness-era one with the pop button?

All 3 of Killie's kits are just very much not for me.

It just looks dated. Like something you'd get for a made up team in PES.

Our fans are always looking to get a copy of our JVC kits, or the pinstripe ECWC strip. We'd likely love it but it'd look dated to opposition fans IMO.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Our fans are always looking to get a copy of our JVC kits, or the pinstripe ECWC strip. We'd likely love it but it'd look dated to opposition fans IMO.

Those 1980s Aberdeen Adidas shirts were amongst the best ever seen in Scottish football IMHO. Up there with the classic Celtic Lisbon 1967 strip IMHO. If you guys don’t want to bring them back, we’ll have them as away kits please. 👍

Love our kit. Not keen on the Killie home but like their away, the 3rd just isn't for me. I feel Hibs have tried to continue what they had last season, and I really liked that kit with the map of Edinburgh but this one just feels like they're trying too hard. Hearts home is smart, simple design but really nice. Celtic away is decent too, bonus points for not stopping the stripes at the sponsor.  Rangers home is ok but feels a copy and paste job from a previous strip and the less said about their away the better.

Motherwell frequently have the best strip in the division, and that's the best so far.  Hibs just can't pick a shade of green and stick to it, which is quite annoying as their distinctive "green shirt with white arms and white shorts" should make it easy to produce excellent kits.  

6 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:

Best set we have had for years, would just have wanted some variation in the collar:

Screenshot_20220617-054948_Samsung Internet.jpg

What have Hummel done with collars, thats horrible I usually like Hummel but those collars put me right off, hope Aberdeen finally go for a remake of the gorgeous JVC kits

6 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye, there's definitely something in that in so much as it's probably been one of the better received home shirts we've had in recent years amongst our fanbase (bar the purists who feel a Motherwell shirts absolutely must have a claret band/hoop and the no' righters who get furious when we don't have white shorts - as @Al B said earlier in the thread f**k those guys).

As I'm bang on that cusp between GenX/Millennial it means the shirt itself is from (slightly) before my time so I've no real affinity with the era (it wasn't a particularly successful one) or the players who wore the shirt (McAllister, McClair etc) but I imagine there's a decent demographic in our fanbase from whom that would easily have been the first shirt they had.

Also, the last season we had something a bit 'different' was 15/16 when we 'reimagined' the sash kit from the 70s so it's been a fair bit of time since we changed it up for a season.

ae1832e379e4e17a7b06faad07fd6471.jpgwebstrip1.jpg

Edited by capt_oats

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Yeah, that's smart.

2 solid kits from us this year and we'll keep the 3rd kit from last season, which I like as well. Hated the home and away kit last season so pretty happy with what we've produced.

13 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Better view of our away kit which Umbro accidentally leaked this morning, forcing us into launching it early. I like it, polka dots will put some people off but I think it's very good. image.thumb.png.dad54efdfa2bb3ece22792342097fc06.png

Would probably have prefered the collar to be maroon as well but it's still a top effort. Hopefully maroon shorts rather than all white.