SPFL Fixtures 22/23

Saints at home to Hibs is superb.

A home opener at last, and they’ll bring a big support being full of all that early season optimism nonsense, so we get to milk the green pound before it dwindles away and they only bring the usual 800 or so the second time round.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Saints at home to Hibs is superb.

A home opener at last, and they’ll bring a big support being full of all that early season optimism nonsense, so we get to milk the green pound before it dwindles away and they only bring the usual 800 or so the second time round.

1-0. Drey Wright with the goal.

Sky TV not disappointing with another Fran n Anna visual fest this season again.  Either/or will be live every week, unless the Edinburgh derby is on sometime when los cheekos are playing each other, but it will be moved to a midweek or 10.00a.m. on a Tuesday or similar so as not to interrupt the important fixtures of the "big two".   

10 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s great having to travel to worst Stadium in the league on day one of the season, thanks SPFL, thanks a bunch 

A tough game for celtic to open with.

Loving the well thought out fixture scheduling for us in Dec and the 2nd Jan game, 3 home games and an away game against Hibs, some amount of travelling we'll have to do there.👍

Spoiler

I mean come on tae f**k 3 home games, it takes me a whole 10 mins getting to the ground from my house, do they not think of us fans having to travel to the game in the festive period the c***s. 

Spoiler

:cheers;)

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

On 17/06/2022 at 09:53, Les Cabbage said:

It’s great having to travel to worst Stadium in the league on day one of the season, thanks SPFL, thanks a bunch 

According to Stuart Cosgrove Hibs requested their first match to be away because of some of issue with your pitch, apparently.

On 17/06/2022 at 09:53, Les Cabbage said:

Easy win. Perth isn't that bad away day either.  100% going to go plus Livi and Killie are worse stadiums.  At least you can sit down properly despite the kiosks looking like something from the 1970s. 

41 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

According to Stuart Cosgrove Hibs requested their first match to be away because of some of issue with your pitch, apparently.

Hospitality is being done up was the reason I was told.   

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Easy win. Perth isn't that bad away day either.  100% going to go plus Livi and Killie are worse stadiums.  At least you can sit down properly despite the kiosks looking like something from the 1970s. 

In what way, always thought ours was great for a pitch side view, nice and close to the pitch and no restrictions blocking your view. Can understand folk not liking ours for an away day experience, pubs are pretty shite bar a couple if you know where they are, and a new town with roundabouts and a shopping centre as the hub isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the stadium itself is pretty good.

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

In what way, always thought ours was great for a pitch side view, nice and close to the pitch and no restrictions blocking your view. Can understand folk not liking ours for an away day experience, pubs are pretty shite bar a couple if you know where they are, and a new town with roundabouts and a shopping centre as the hub isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the stadium itself is pretty good.

Plastic is tragic.  No offence like I've just spent a couple of weeks in Livi.  it's quite decent in a roundabout way. 

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hospitality is being done up was the reason I was told.   

That’ll be it then. I know he said that Hibs had asked for their first game to be away from Easter Road, but can’t really remember the reason he gave. Having said that, he probably didn’t actually know and just made something up.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah livi stadium is decent other than the large, green, plastic monstrosity in the middle of it. 

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Plastic is tragic.  No offence like I've just spent a couple of weeks in Livi.  it's quite decent in a roundabout way. 

Ah the pitch, i'd forgotten about that causing such angst amongst away fans, that'll be why Killie is included too then. Cool.

Personally doesn't bother me, neither did any of the others that had it before we did, when we played them on theirs, we usually faired ok playing on them.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

16 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Yeah was aware of that but could have had 10 better ones!

16 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

It’s brutal mate, train station is nowhere near, no decent pubs anywhere near, shite view and atmosphere and usually low quality of football.

Agree that Livi is shite but harsh on Kilmarnock, easy to get there and plenty to do beforehand, a superb place to watch football if we’ve brought a decent crowd.

23 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s brutal mate, train station is nowhere near, no decent pubs anywhere near, shite view and atmosphere and usually low quality of football.

Agree that Livi is shite but harsh on Kilmarnock, easy to get there and plenty to do beforehand, a superb place to watch football if we’ve brought a decent crowd.

St Johnstone away is utter shite. I always just see it as a chance to take a weekend off the fitba, to be honest. Absolutely nothing about going there is worth the expense of an away day. Boring club, shite away day.

In the past I would have agreed with you on Killie. It used to be good back in the days when they had fans and Rugby Park had a bit of an atmosphere about it. Kilmarnock itself is an easy place to get to, and there are some decent enough pubs. But since their support fell away in the last twenty years or so, it's just a woeful place to watch a game.