Kick in or throw in rule change consideration.

I thought of this idea YEARS ago, so it must be a bad one.

Also, the game doesn't need speeding up. 

I can sort of see the issue that throw-ins are kind of boring, and nae c**t seems to ken what to do, but it's a standard part of the game like any other that needs to be mastered - maybe clubs should be using throw-ins as opportunities to start passing drills in the way that some set-pieces are?

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’d prefer if penalties were a kick but from holding the ball, like a keeper does. 

Good idea.

Alternatively, head and volley type scenario with team mates crossing it in.  Extra goal for a diving header of course.

39 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The "speeding up" aspect is lost on me. Free kicks take longer tgan throw ins surely? 

---Has never seen Hearts try to take a throw-in---

Turn left, see nobody to throw to. Turn right, see nobody to throw to. Look straight ahead as someone makes a run so easily marked he cannot be thrown to. Look left again, see nobody to throw to. Gesture with arms wide open to appeal for someone to become available to throw the ball to.

Eventually throw the ball in desperation at a teammate who is not paying attention. Opponent knocks it out for another throw-in.

Crowd groan.

Repeat.

Edited by VincentGuerin

This is basically every team with throw-ins, they take fucking ages because it's easy to mark every opponent.

However, I don't think this proposal will see light of day. It might be tried out in a few minor competitions around the world but it'll be found unworkable for the reasons outlined already in this thread. Something similar was proposed in the 90s and tried out in some English non-league competitions before being quietly binned.

Good idea.
Alternatively, head and volley type scenario with team mates crossing it in.  Extra goal for a diving header of course.
Or like ice hockey, the player has to dribble from the halfway line in a 1v1 scenario.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:
On 15/06/2022 at 16:04, Melanius Mullarkay said:
Good idea.

Or like ice hockey, the player has to dribble from the halfway line in a 1v1 scenario.

That's what they used to do in the USA league in the 70's & 80's. It was tremendous entertainment.  I think you only had 20 second to get a shot away. No rebounds.

10 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

That's what they used to do in the USA league in the 70's & 80's. It was tremendous entertainment.  I think you only had 20 second to get a shot away. No rebounds.

Whats your preferred method for getting dogs into rivers SP? Throw in or kick in?

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Whats your preferred method for getting dogs into rivers SP? Throw in or kick in?

Definitely a throw in, I like to see the fear in their eyes close up. 

Edited by SlipperyP

23 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

They use it in hockey as well.

8 seconds to score, rebounds allowed as long as they are within the time.

Just do what they do at five a sides. Have a fence at the sidelines but not the byelines. 

In all seriousness i don't get why in this day and age , football teams give away possession from throw ins so cheaply.  Yes it's difficult to keep possesion as the opposition usually mark tight and there's only so much you can do from a throw in position,  but it seems like it's part of the game that's never worked on.