Jump to content

SJFA members in the West


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

So Darvel have added even more fixtures to their calendar which saw them withdraw from a cup semi last season as the players were allegedly tired? Seems a bizarre move if they're trying to get to the LL.

Because they withdrew from the League Cup they're banned for the upcoming season as a penalty. That partly explains it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I’d imagine to win it and really get the community on board , not a soul In the town could give tuppence for the sos cup , mention the junior cup different story , the club made an arse of it last season no playing in it but the way the park was it’s probably just as well , I’m no sure gall would want to be in it but  I’d imagine mick wanted to win it so makes sense to Me as u make a few Bob and the whole town would be at the final 

I agree with you that they made an arse of it by not playing in it last season, the biggest mistake was not asking “ the community “ in saying that they made their decision and should stick by it and not chase the ££’s after being surprised by how much is involved, they should have done their homework on both counts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Gall and Kennedy have'nt made their minds up yet

Ur getting a wee bit twitchy and it’s close season , concentrate on the west next season , the league and Scottish we will take care of 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

No a great loss u were never we going to trouble the sjfa engraver anyway 

You lot just scrap with Talbot for the wee trophy. We can try and usurp you as champions. A big big ask against four quality sides but not being in the diddy cup gives us the best chance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Ur getting a wee bit twitchy and it’s close season , concentrate on the west next season , the league and Scottish we will take care of 

Batter in because its costing Gall and Kennedy a fucking fortune to try and better us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, South_Pride said:

You lot just scrap with Talbot for the wee trophy. We can try and usurp you as champions. A big big ask against four quality sides but not being in the diddy cup gives us the best chance. 

When it comes to trophies m8 your the boys for scrapping.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You lot just scrap with Talbot for the wee trophy. We can try and usurp you as champions. A big big ask against four quality sides but not being in the diddy cup gives us the best chance. 
No chance of that as long as Murdies the manager.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, South_Pride said:

You lot just scrap with Talbot for the wee trophy. We can try and usurp you as champions. A big big ask against four quality sides but not being in the diddy cup gives us the best chance. 

What was ur record in Ayrshire this season ? I know u never won many but how many did u win out of games played ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

What was ur record in Ayrshire this season ? I know u never won many but how many did u win out of games played ?

Off the top of my head not the best. But both games against Darvel last season we were the better team. No doubt you were deserved champions over the season however. 
 

EDIT - 5 wins and a draw in 12. Pretty abysmal to be fair. New season incoming.

Edited by South_Pride
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ur getting a wee bit twitchy and it’s close season , concentrate on the west next season , the league and Scottish we will take care of 
You are starting to sound like Gall ....again.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, KRayr said:

Bizarre decision classic case of a childish committee cutting nose off to spite its face.  Well and truly in the huff and missing out in all the benefits two of the other top three clubs in the west are benefiting from. 

I’d look at it the other way. A chance to move on from an archaic organisation who withheld funds from Pollok and other teams over the pandemic. The top two might be in it, Talbot were never going to leave, but Pollok, Clydebank and Kilwinning are out now. I reckon we’ll see St Cadocs and Drumchapel near the top of tier 6 soon as well. If one of Darvel or Talbot goes up then the situation atop tier 6 changes dramatically. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/06/2022 at 20:09, wow-wee said:

Do you know something that we don t know I've heard two more top clubs not renewing their membership?

There is the 1st as I'm aware there is another that's seen the light.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

I’d imagine to win it and really get the community on board , not a soul In the town could give tuppence for the sos cup , mention the junior cup different story , the club made an arse of it last season no playing in it but the way the park was it’s probably just as well , I’m no sure gall would want to be in it but  I’d imagine mick wanted to win it so makes sense to Me as u make a few Bob and the whole town would be at the final 

Aye a whole 300 hunner 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, KRayr said:

Bizarre decision classic case of a childish committee cutting nose off to spite its face.  Well and truly in the huff and missing out in all the benefits two of the other top three clubs in the west are benefiting from. 

The troll returns......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...