SJFA members in the West

With You Tube BSC Open Goal FC, a rejuvenated East Kilbride, Tranent looking good and the ex senior teams finally looking solid I reckon it’ll be much harder in general for the Tier 6 winners to go straight through. They’ll absolutely challenge but the process will slow.

9 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Hawd the bus here - I thought that having the willingness and means to travel nationwide was part and parcel of being ambitious? You seem to be displaying a small time, dare I say Junior mentality here. 🙁.

How are they going to cope with life in League 2 if they can't cope with the odd trip to Dyce?

Anyway, an ambitious team shouldn't be scared to fight on multiple fronts, especially with their resources. To do otherwise is a loser mentality. 

But you are volunteering to give yourself more game any manager would rather play less games in a season than volunteer for more .

Edited by wow-wee

The West Junior Leagues would still be around if the SFA had opened up the big Scottish Cup years back.

This idea that our top clubs can't wait to play the like of Broomhill is farcical.

Without serious money you ain't doing a Kelty Hearts or Cove Rangers.

8 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

But you are volunteering to give yourself more game any manager would rather play less games in a season than volunteer for more .

That negative way of thinking inevitably leads to a mindset where it's fine to get beat if it saves effort, and doesn't speak of ambition.  It's arguably fine for teams with limited squads but Darvel are minted and spending freely, and if, after all the cash and bluster from their camp, they haven't put together a group capable of dealing with this season then they only have themselves to blame. 

Let's be honest - your opinion is shaped by the competition they happen to be entering. It's crystal clear Darvel are desperate to be progressing through the leagues. 

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

That negative way of thinking inevitably leads to a mindset where it's fine to get beat if it saves effort, and doesn't speak of ambition.  It's arguably fine for teams with limited squads but Darvel are minted and spending freely, and if, after all the cash and bluster from their camp, they haven't put together a group capable of dealing with this season then they only have themselves to blame. 

Let's be honest - your opinion is shaped by the competition they happen to be entering. It's crystal clear Darvel are desperate to be progressing through the leagues. 

Yes I don t like the sjfa but like you and your fellow talbot fans were on here at the end of the season looking at the reason why talbot failed to win the league saying it was because darvel spent more money than anyone else and they had a bigger squad  but for me you lost the league because you played more games than darvel and they games you played you volunteered to play them?

Mick kennedy is a decent guy who ive always liked reading his posts(dunno if he says same about me lol) but why have they entered the sjc? Doesnt make sense aye people r saying its cos there kicked out the west but after last season when they ran out of steam ud think theyd wanna just considerate on the league and winning promotion? Dont tell me they done a talbot in shat the bed? Ive noticed micks no been on for a while maybe john gal has banned him as i know john gal aint my biggest fan. Hi john

Mon the papers

35 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Mick kennedy is a decent guy who ive always liked reading his posts(dunno if he says same about me lol) but why have they entered the sjc? Doesnt make sense aye people r saying its cos there kicked out the west but after last season when they ran out of steam ud think theyd wanna just considerate on the league and winning promotion? Dont tell me they done a talbot in shat the bed? Ive noticed micks no been on for a while maybe john gal has banned him as i know john gal aint my biggest fan. Hi john

Mon the papers

Will your club ever get near to the bed to be able to shit it?

3 hours ago, Lord Elron 44 said:

Bellshill Athletic have entered the Junior cup

SJC or Strathclyde Demolitions Cup? Doubt that was a difficult decision. If the HL, LL and EoS don't want to do a national cup for whatever reason, those that do might as well get on with it.