Jump to content

SJFA members in the West


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:
surely more South teams will follow Bonnyton and Threave.  


Bonnyton were only really in the South league because there wasn't a West one in the pyramid when they joined. Threave is the more interesting example which hopefully points to the West becoming a league that covers the entire western part of the country with the South falling under that.

Edited by craigkillie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:


 

 

 


Bonnyton were only really in the South league because there wasn't a West one in the pyramid when they joined. Threave is the more interesting example which hopefully points to the West becoming a league that covers the entire western part of the country with the South falling under that.

 

 

Not that any league should move over or out the way for another but has the west league spoken to the south about coming under its banner.i still believe no sos club wants to go to a 3 way playoff or even has ambition to play in the LL they more or less just want to play in their own wee enclave.think threaves motive is that will not happen now.but they still have a foot  hold in the Scottish being licensed.i think thier 1 of 5 clubs.also their league secetary would be a great addition to the west as well. that would make it a 2 way playoff not 3.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Not that any league should move over or out the way for another but has the west league spoken to the south about coming under its banner.i still believe no sos club wants to go to a 3 way playoff or even has ambition to play in the LL they more or less just want to play in their own wee enclave.think threaves motive is that will not happen now.but they still have a foot  hold in the Scottish being licensed.i think thier 1 of 5 clubs.also their league secetary would be a great addition to the west as well. that would make it a 2 way playoff not 3.

 

There shouldn’t be any play off!

West and East winners should be promoted and the bottom 2 relegated.

it’s not rocket science.

Half of the clubs in the LL would not last in the WoSFL or EoSFL top leagues and they know it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

There shouldn’t be any play off!

West and East winners should be promoted and the bottom 2 relegated.

it’s not rocket science.

Half of the clubs in the LL would not last in the WoSFL or EoSFL top leagues and they know it.

 

Aye you might be right.but these clubs are not in the these leagues thier in the LL. Which am not convinced all the west of scotland teams actually want to be.but there's definitely a better chance of 2 up 2 down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.whitlettsvictoria.com/

Whitletts Victoria  can confirm that the Club has resigned its' membership of the Scottish Junior Football Association and will not compete in the Scottish Junior Cup next season. 

The decision brings to an end the Clubs 78 year membership of the SJFA and participation in the Junior Cup. 

The Club have worked hard in recent years to progress. We are about to embark on a campaign that will see the Club play in the First Division of the West of Scotland Football League, arguably the toughest league in which the Club has competed. The pyramid system can provide the Club with a platform to progress. We believe we have made major advances both on and off the park over the past decade, including establishing our charity Vics in the Community which has done tremendous work on behalf of the local community.

As we get ready to move to a new home in time for the 2023-24 season, we wish to continue to develop the Club and have ambitions to achieve our National Club Licence to become full members of the Scottish FA.

In our opinion, the Scottish Junior Cup in its current format has lost its appeal in recent years since the East of Scotland clubs resigned from the SJFA. It is no longer the competition that it once was and we will concentrate our efforts in the season ahead in the two WoSFL Cup competitions and the South Region Challenge Cup. 

That said, the Club do support the need for a National Cup competition for clubs outwith the SPFL but at present, without participation of Clubs from the Highland, Lowland, East and South of Scotland Football Leagues, the Junior Cup does not provide that. We hope that all parties involved in discussions can reach agreement on the way forward and give the opportunity for the game at our level to be showcased on the national stage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Burnieman said:

It would help if the LL board/clubs didn't act like self-interested pr*cks, it would also help if the SJFA just f*cked off, but we'll get there.

Suppose the biggest thing that will sort those issues is simply time, as LL clubs get flushed out and the SJFA's relevance furthers diminishes...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Suppose the biggest thing that will sort those issues is simply time, as LL clubs get flushed out and the SJFA's relevance furthers diminishes...

I think so. In reality the Pyramid has formed at (for Scottish football) lightening speed, even with Covid interruptions, and it's going to take a bit of time to iron out some of the imperfections.  Hopefully the WoS follow the EoS and set the example to the LL by pro/rel 3 clubs from each division.  3 clubs down from 16 is hardly earth shattering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

I agree with you that they made an arse of it by not playing in it last season, the biggest mistake was not asking “ the community “ in saying that they made their decision and should stick by it and not chase the ££’s after being surprised by how much is involved, they should have done their homework on both counts.

These are things which should be discussed at an agm but gall for whatever reason wouldn’t have one when we were there and hasn’t had one since and it’s not right ! 

I was always an advocate like u and the other boys who left  for giving sponsors a free day out during the season and he said don’t use that word free when talking to them , just seen an advert for player sponsorship and it’s free this and free that , how times change 😂😂😂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I think so. In reality the Pyramid has formed at (for Scottish football) lightening speed, even with Covid interruptions, and it's going to take a bit of time to iron out some of the imperfections.  Hopefully the WoS follow the EoS and set the example to the LL by pro/rel 3 clubs from each division.  3 clubs down from 16 is hardly earth shattering.

3up/3down is happening. Just bottom to work out. 

Difference in a - 1 loss is that 3rd bottom gets saved. Instead of a 4th team promoted from division below. 

Not sure if they have a firm plan for a +2 gain.

EDIT: Where I got that.

image.png.69fcb4b3d4e595fc3b9edd9d3053b138.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

serves the sjfa right the way they dealt with the lok equally with the irvine vics

it helped sway our members to vote Leave

it was good while it lasted but totally devalued cup now

onwards + upwards . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

https://www.whitlettsvictoria.com/

Whitletts Victoria  can confirm that the Club has resigned its' membership of the Scottish Junior Football Association and will not compete in the Scottish Junior Cup next season. 

The decision brings to an end the Clubs 78 year membership of the SJFA and participation in the Junior Cup. 

The Club have worked hard in recent years to progress. We are about to embark on a campaign that will see the Club play in the First Division of the West of Scotland Football League, arguably the toughest league in which the Club has competed. The pyramid system can provide the Club with a platform to progress. We believe we have made major advances both on and off the park over the past decade, including establishing our charity Vics in the Community which has done tremendous work on behalf of the local community.

As we get ready to move to a new home in time for the 2023-24 season, we wish to continue to develop the Club and have ambitions to achieve our National Club Licence to become full members of the Scottish FA.

In our opinion, the Scottish Junior Cup in its current format has lost its appeal in recent years since the East of Scotland clubs resigned from the SJFA. It is no longer the competition that it once was and we will concentrate our efforts in the season ahead in the two WoSFL Cup competitions and the South Region Challenge Cup. 

That said, the Club do support the need for a National Cup competition for clubs outwith the SPFL but at present, without participation of Clubs from the Highland, Lowland, East and South of Scotland Football Leagues, the Junior Cup does not provide that. We hope that all parties involved in discussions can reach agreement on the way forward and give the opportunity for the game at our level to be showcased on the national stage.

That statement says it all well written and telling it as it is ! Nothing more to be said on this thread now the good people of whitletts have put it to bed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As long as the Junior Cup has no impact on our season i.e. we are having games cancelled or rescheduled as up against Junior Cup games, then who am I to be upset at clubs choosing to take part in the Junior Cup ? It may develop into a National non-league trophy but the clue is in the word National. It would need clubs from all over the country to be involved. Do SJFA really have the credibility to make it happen ? As for the proposal to make a new SJFA run Tier 5 sitting alongside HL/LL well that's just bonkers and flies in the face of reality.

WSFL had a few teething issues last season with fixtures & clubs withdrawing from cups. The loss of 8 League games in Premier season should hopefully help greatly. The West Premier looks an absolute belter of a League. We absolutely need to gain some traction with teams starting to be promoted up the way - so the fact that 2 of the best teams ( the 2 best teams on last seasons form ) are in the Junior Cup - well you have to hope that they either don't win the League or they take promotion seriously. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

As long as the Junior Cup has no impact on our season i.e. we are having games cancelled or rescheduled as up against Junior Cup games, then who am I to be upset at clubs choosing to take part in the Junior Cup ? It may develop into a National non-league trophy but the clue is in the word National. It would need clubs from all over the country to be involved. Do SJFA really have the credibility to make it happen ? As for the proposal to make a new SJFA run Tier 5 sitting alongside HL/LL well that's just bonkers and flies in the face of reality.

WSFL had a few teething issues last season with fixtures & clubs withdrawing from cups. The loss of 8 League games in Premier season should hopefully help greatly. The West Premier looks an absolute belter of a League. We absolutely need to gain some traction with teams starting to be promoted up the way - so the fact that 2 of the best teams ( the 2 best teams on last seasons form ) are in the Junior Cup - well you have to hope that they either don't win the League or they take promotion seriously. 

 

 

Lest we forget last season started on July 17th last season. Going Sat-Wed-Sat-Wed-Sat-Wed-Sat-Wed-Sat-Wed with the next Saturday (21/8) being a mix of Premier/SJC/Strathclyde.

Not all of those 8 games were in the traditional calendar scheduling.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

These are things which should be discussed at an agm but gall for whatever reason wouldn’t have one when we were there and hasn’t had one since and it’s not right ! 

I was always an advocate like u and the other boys who left  for giving sponsors a free day out during the season and he said don’t use that word free when talking to them , just seen an advert for player sponsorship and it’s free this and free that , how times change 😂😂😂

 

The club must have a constitution where it calls for an AGM.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...