SJFA members in the West

1 minute ago, energyzone said:

Did the plan to pay out up to 80k have any detail on how the 80k will be generated?

Taking a percentage of every gate plus charging clubs an entry fee would see a fair whack of that I'd guess.

15 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Did the plan to pay out up to 80k have any detail on how the 80k will be generated?

Talked about multiple sponsors on a podcast appearance.

https://downthedivisions.podbean.com/e/082-alex-mcdowall-replacing-the-junior-cup-bumper-prize-money-why-the-conferences-don-t-work-reopening-sjfa-membership-life-at-gartcairn/

Wouldn't shock me if it's a bait and switch like the current prize money. Which is just a minimum financial guarantee that the gate will largely cover.

3 hours ago, KRayr said:

Exactly. 

Overall a fantastic statement that clearly shows the association has had a change of the guard and now gathering some real momentum. 

A real breath of fresh air while  every other association in Scottish football stumbles from one disaster to another. 

Looking forward to watching the holy grail next season and more and more rewards it will bring club should be very welcome! 

Someone with a refreshing sense of humour?

Ah the SJFA are always good for a laugh with batshit crazy ideas that boil down to “Mon the Juniors”.  After many years of arguing we’ve finally got a pyramid with everyone who wants in able to join and the whole country covered.  Is it finished No but we’ve only just formed it and had 2 pandemic hit seasons. Get everyone round the table and let’s sort the two bottlenecks, get ALL Colt teams into the sea and look at a possible merger between the South and West League's as surely more South teams will follow Bonnyton and Threave. The bones of the pyramid are there we just need to fix the problems with a bit of compromise between the Associations. 

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Ah the SJFA are always good for a laugh with batshit crazy ideas that boil down to “Mon the Juniors”.  After many years of arguing we’ve finally got a pyramid with everyone who wants in able to join and the whole country covered.  Is it finished No but we’ve only just formed it and had 2 pandemic hit seasons. Get everyone round the table and let’s sort the two bottlenecks, get ALL Colt teams into the sea and look at a possible merger between the South and West League's as surely more South teams will follow Bonnyton and Threave. The bones of the pyramid are there we just need to fix the problems with a bit of compromise between the Associations.

Correct, Rome wasn't built in a day etc etc.

The death of the Juniors and the completion of the Pyramid has come along a lot quicker than most people expected and as we can see with the LL, it's far from perfect, but we have the bones of it in place.

Dealing with Pro/Rel at tier 5/6,  Colt teams and where the SoS sits are the three main issues that need dealt with, but otherwise from next season everyone will be sitting in a division where they know the prize (or penalty) at the end of it, and there's no glass ceiling. We'll also have more clubs entering the Scottish Cup than at any time in modern history, and (particularly in the West) more interest from new clubs than at anytime in living memory.

It would help if the LL board/clubs didn't act like self-interested pr*cks, it would also help if the SJFA just f*cked off, but we'll get there.

Edited by Burnieman

19 hours ago, South_Pride said:

The lunatics are running the asylum. The SFA, WOSFL and regional equivalents need to stamp down on this mob. 

The Lowland League needs reforming, big time, but none of that reform involves the SJFA. 

I think it makes the WoSL promoting the SJFA cup final on the same day as a major fixture in their own league cup seem even more surreal. You’ve got people in high positions in the wosl who are clearly still ‘junior men’, but now find themselves supporting an association that if pressing on with its plans would put their own clubs at a disadvantage? People joke about the sfl opening up automatic relegation as ‘turkey’s voting for christmas’ well cluck me they’re voting for it here. 

Just now, Darvel legend said:

No a great loss u were never we going to trouble the sjfa engraver anyway 

Good to see the circus back amongst us. Wee pieheed seething because the Talbot got more coverage winning the Junior Cup than the mercenaries got for buying the league. I liked the slippy excuse that they needed more games after being hunted out the Pie Cup for not playing more games.

2 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Good to see the circus back amongst us. Wee pieheed seething because the Talbot got more coverage winning the Junior Cup than the mercenaries got for buying the league. I liked the slippy excuse that they needed more games after being hunted out the Pie Cup for not playing more games.

Ur annual trophy lifting day in the sun will be scuppered also 😂😂

concentrate on the west now we mite no be in it 

6 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

I would have given it another season lads. It means that on your club history your last involvement with the Junior Cup was being flung out it.

Appreciate the sentiment BG but that was never going to happen.

Both members and fans were given an opportunity to express their opinion and they, and the committee, all supported leaving by similar, large margins.

IMO the stupidity and arrogance shown by the content of today's press release have only confirmed the correctness of that course of action.

11 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

No a great loss u were never we going to trouble the sjfa engraver anyway 

Whats your reason for re joining . You got fomo or is it the sight of £££££ if you get to the semi final. 

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Ur annual trophy lifting day in the sun will be scuppered also 😂😂

concentrate on the west now we mite no be in it 

You won't be in it unless there might be a lawyers letter. Stranger things have happened.

2 minutes ago, eaglelok said:

Whats your reason for re joining . You got fomo or is it the sight of £££££ if you get to the semi final. 

I’d imagine to win it and really get the community on board , not a soul In the town could give tuppence for the sos cup , mention the junior cup different story , the club made an arse of it last season no playing in it but the way the park was it’s probably just as well , I’m no sure gall would want to be in it but  I’d imagine mick wanted to win it so makes sense to Me as u make a few Bob and the whole town would be at the final 

3 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I’d imagine to win it and really get the community on board , not a soul In the town could give tuppence for the sos cup , mention the junior cup different story , the club made an arse of it last season no playing in it but the way the park was it’s probably just as well , I’m no sure gall would want to be in it but  I’d imagine mick wanted to win it so makes sense to Me as u make a few Bob and the whole town would be at the final 

Bullshit if Talbot had an offday and the mercenaries went on to win it do you for one minute think wee Pieheed wouldnt be on top of the double decker bus taking plaudits. You lot are a fecking circus.

16 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

So Darvel have added even more fixtures to their calendar which saw them withdraw from a cup semi last season as the players were allegedly tired? Seems a bizarre move if they're trying to get to the LL.