SJFA members in the West

This from the Juniors FA today:

Just make sure you're at today's agm and fulfill all Cup fixtures - where-ever they are and whenever they are scheduled to be played.

Pinned Tweet

aBV6-ecG_bigger.jpg

All clubs will receive 2 mitre pro match balls at agm and £400 in December. To be eligible for balls and money- clubs must be in attendance at agm and participate in each round of the Scottish junior cup that they are eligible to play in. *New member applications being accepted*

Let's face it, the fact that the big Scottish cup allowing ex Junior teams and other teams from North and South, to compete in it, has ruined every non League cup in Scotland, including the Junior cup. Was Talbot winning it even close to beating Ayr at Beechwood, not for me personally. So now a good William Hill run to the third or fourth round is what most clubs deem success, A real shame in my eyes that a beautiful trophy like the Junior cup, once vaunted by most non League clubs, has become little more than a regional cup. 

The hint of being in the know but limited information. Was that not what you were getting at?
No, not at all. It was just really poking fun at Glencairn and others re-entering a cup competition straight after the organisers paid out £17k to the finalists, but the decision not being motivated by money, it wasn't a serious comment. I have no idea what the reasons were but good luck to them and anytime else in the cup next year.

11 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Hopefully the EoS won't be so obstructive this season if clubs in the east want to participate again but they'll probably need a new set of officeholders for attitudes to shift, unfortunately.

Not sure how the EoS was being obstructive when their league fixtures were published before the SJFA made their 1st/2nd round draws, the dates of which were scheduled by the SJFA to be on different dates to the spare matchdays these clubs would've had on Scottish Cup/Alex Jack Cup weekends. 

Just now, patriot1 said:

As far as I’m aware both the Lowland and Highland leagues have voted against a national non league cup.

Without them there’s no point.

Any idea when this was? Hadn't heard of it even being formally proposed.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Any idea when this was? Hadn't heard of it even being formally proposed.

I believe both the SJFA and the alternative proposal from within the leagues have done the rounds. It's probably all been rather informal since neither one has gained a ton of traction.

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I believe both the SJFA and the alternative proposal from within the leagues have done the rounds. It's probably all been rather informal since neither one has gained a ton of traction.

You’re pretty much spot on.

20 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

It started off OK then I thought I was reading an old issue of Pyramid News Weekly.

Yep.

Why do we need another league at tier 5?

Are the SJFA expecting the EOS to feed into the Central and not the Lowland? So no relegation from the Lowland?

2 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Yep.

Why do we need another league at tier 5?

Are the SJFA expecting the EOS to feed into the Central and not the Lowland? So no relegation from the Lowland?

It does read like they think the West/Midlands/East would feed into their new league. Since there would be 3 league champions if licensed promoted.

Which leaves the South for the Lowland.

NCL/North for the Highland.

If anyone should be campaigning for three Tier 5 its the Lowland disbanding into the WoSFL and EoSFL.

47 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

image.thumb.png.d4a271f944745ad4058fab22ef3a59b2.png

Next thing these dreamers will be approaching UEFA to ask them to engage with them to let joonjur fitba club's into a new format of the champions league and they will run it.