SJFA members in the West

47 minutes ago, archieb said:

Today's the deadline for clubs to renew or resign SJFA membership in time for the AGM.

Just saying ....

They're in for £400 in December which i'll imagine will do it's job and tempt most back in. If not see some return. With the bulk of each division taking part Saturdays will likely be given up to accomodate. Even if it has to work like the EOS clubs tried within Conference X last season.

Premier

1. Arthurlie
  2. Auchinleck Talbot
  3. Beith Juniors
  4. Cambuslang Rangers
  5. Cumnock Juniors
  6. Glenafton Athletic
  7. Hurlford United
  8. Irvine Meadow
  9. Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
  10. Largs Thistle
  11. Petershill
  12. Pollok
  13. Troon

First

1. Benburb
  2. Blantyre Victoria
  3. Cumbernauld United
  4. Gartcairn
  5. Johnstone Burgh
  6. Kilbirnie Ladeside
  7. Rossvale
  8. Shotts Bon Accord
  9. St Rochs
  10. Thorniewood United
  11. Whitletts Victoria

Second

1. Ardeer Thistle
  2. Ashfield
  3. Craigmark Burntonians
  4. Glasgow Perthshire
  5. Glasgow United
  6. Greenock Juniors
  7. Kilsyth Rangers
  8. Maryhill
  9. Maybole Juniors
  10. Muirkirk Juniors
  11. Renfrew
  12. St Anthony’s
  13. Wishaw
  14. Yoker Athletic

Third

1. Ardrossan Winton Rovers
  2. Carluke Rovers
  3. Dalry Thistle
  4. East Kilbride Thistle
  5. Girvan
  6. Irvine Victoria
  7. Kello Rovers
  8. Lanark United
  9. Larkhall Thistle
  10. Lesmahagow
  11. Lugar Boswell Thistle
  12. Newmains United
  13. Saltcoats Victoria
  14. Vale of Leven

4 minutes ago, Shanner said:

That prize money is pretty good. 

It is. Best to get it while it's still there.

They're dishing out £400 in December that would have been over £40k last season. Plus the prize money for the Junior Scottish Cup are actually minimum guarantees of £5k and £12k for each club. For both Auchinleck and Yoker to have made the same amount of money the semi finals must have been financial losers.

I would love to see the Junior Cup become a truly national competition once again. Whether that takes the form of tier 5 and below or tier 6 and below, I don't much care. But if the SJFA has all this money to throw around you would think they would be able to make it happen.

1 hour ago, Yalay said:

I would love to see the Junior Cup become a truly national competition once again. Whether that takes the form of tier 5 and below or tier 6 and below, I don't much care. But if the SJFA has all this money to throw around you would think they would be able to make it happen.

National competition, but that level of football has been dwindling for years and I'm not talking a couple, the writing was on the wall for a long time but the people in charge didn't do anything to halt or improve it and I'm not saying this out of hatred or nostalgia, it was slowly fading away.   The Senior associations don't need to do anything, they don't even need to give the Junior cup space to play as the senior leagues finishing is more important   

The SJFA as far as I'm aware have nothing to do with senior football so they cant make it happen, if there's was going to be a national trophy I'd expect the Senior Association to arrange this and have a cup made for it.  The South challenge cup has over 160 teams in it and is a cracker of a tournament with the teams that are involved and that's only in the Lowland, WOSFL, SOOSFL and the EOSFL, imagine if the senior association made  a cup which included the teams from the leagues I've mentioned and the following Midlands, North Caledonian and North Leagues and the highland leagues,  wow what a cup that would be to win.

What make this point more funny is that its all FACT and if someone puts a negative point on it, tells you more about that person 😀

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

5 hours ago, archieb said:

Today's the deadline for clubs to renew or resign SJFA membership in time for the AGM.

Just saying ....

Do you know something that we don t know I've heard two more top clubs not renewing their membership?

2 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Serious question, is there a point where the cup becomes devalued with the lack of big names? (assuming more pull out this year) and when is that point?

For me it's already at that point once the East teams left it was devalued then it's the prize money that's keeping it afloat .

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Serious question, is there a point where the cup becomes devalued with the lack of big names? (assuming more pull out this year) and when is that point?

When they can no longer pay the kind of money they do.

The SCC, the smaller cups you don't really get anything. £5k for a semi and the extra £12k for making a final is hard to pass up. More bigger names that drop out the easier it is to get there.

Where is the money coming from? Does this year's payments to Talbot and Yoker include the prize money which was supposed to have been paid last season?

The WOSFL Twitter account posting about it being a nice lift for the clubs involved was completely tinpot.

1 minute ago, South_Pride said:

Genuine question for any Talbot fans. The tournaments, by far, most successful club. Do you class the 2022 win as the same achievement as say 1986, 2013 or even 2018?

No but I still class it better than our SCC win this year

10 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

No but I still class it better than our SCC win this year

Being honest, I wouldn't expect any Auchinleck fan not to think that, don't know if I'm speaking out of turn but most outside not interested. The Scottish junior cup for season 21/22 has 110 teams, the South Challenge cup had 161 teams, and the cup had top quality opposition. This coming season, The South challenge cup will become bigger with more entrants and possibility the junior cup will have less participating this year, (possible a chance of having more),and yeah, I think most Auchinleck fans will think the junior cup is better, i do admit that does make me have a little giggle

Just now, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Being honest, I wouldn't expect any Auchinleck fan not to think that, don't know if I'm speaking out of turn but most not interested. The Scottish junior cup for season 21/22 has 100 teams, the South Challenge cup had 161 teams, and the cup had top quality opposition. This coming season, The South challenge cup will become bigger with more entrants and possibility the junior cup will have less participating this year, (possible a chance of having more),and yeah, I think most Auchinleck fans will think the junior cup is better, i do admit that does make me have a little giggle

The people have spoken- The Junior Cup had 4 times the attendence, 17k to the finalists and live TV coverage.

I keep reading about the Juniors being backward bt the SCC is run like the old south qualifying cup where you got 2 men and a dug for a crowd.

Talbot actually lost money playing in that final as they had to hire a bus. They got zero prize money and zero gate money

On 14/06/2022 at 20:41, Wile E Coyote said:

The people have spoken- The Junior Cup had 4 times the attendence, 17k to the finalists and live TV coverage.

I keep reading about the Juniors being backward bt the SCC is run like the old south qualifying cup where you got 2 men and a dug for a crowd.

Talbot actually lost money playing in that final as they had to hire a bus. They got zero prize money and zero gate money

ffs the SJFA folded the leagues,  they didn't want to join the lowland league previous where they would have had a little percentage in the power struggles but they didn't. Work that out

The people of Auchinleck have spoken, (and good on them), not the nation.

Back it up whatever way you want.
Last year was a brand new season with tons of brand new leagues and new cups.
The problem was a league of 20 in the premier which had a few consequences.
With the leagues settling down to the right sizes all the cups can be worked out and played out as a normal season within the timefrmes, hopefully.
Everything is changing for the better. Scottish football has a working pyramid system but there's bottlenecks at the SPFL2 and the LL that I'm sure will eventually be addressed and sorted out, speeding up the movement for everyone.
You keep your views and never change them.

I believe there is a small appetite for a national cup and expect it to get bigger and expect it to have nothing to do with the junior cup because all the teams in the national non league cup will be senior members and if that does happen, the fall guys will be the junior cup and will not be given any dates to play their games because the national cup will take its place..    

For a guy who played junior football all his days and have some great memories at that level but its near enough finished and believe it or not unfortunately its nearly a FACT

Spelling and more detail

ffs they folded the leagues,  they didn't want to join the lowland league previous where they would have had a little percentage in the power struggles but they didn't, work that out
The people of Auchinleck have spoken, (and good on them), not the nation.
Back it up whatever way you want.
Last year was a brand new season with tons of brand new leagues and new cups
the problem was a league of 20 in the premier which had a few consequences.
With the leagues settling down to the right sizes all the cups can be worked out and played out, hopefully.
Everything is changing for the better.
You keep your views and never change them.

I believe there is a small apatite for a national cup and expect it to get bigger and expect it to have nothing to do with the junior cup because all the teams in the national non league cup will be senior members and if that does happen, the fall guys will be the junior cup and will not be given any dates to play their games because the national cup will take its place..    
For a guy who played junior football all his days and have some great memories at that level but its near enough finished and believe it or not unfortunately its nearly a FACT

Out of interest, why did you write fact in capital letters?