Broxburn Athletic

3 hours ago, albynpark said:

Good to get through today after bad play acting got Shegs sent off. To be fair Shegs shouldn't of raised his hands and if it was a Broxburn player falling over like that, I probably would of applauded him, but it I'd still cheating. I think it galvanised us so well done to the full team for a brilliant performance 

Didn’t make it along today but heard he should never have got sent off.  

In a cup tie all that matters is getting through but by all accounts the 10 put in a shift and dominated at 10 v 10, except for a flurry late on.

• 2 weeks later...

Well against a pretty decent and on-form Crossgates side, that wasn't too bad a performance!

Non event of a first half, disastrous start to the 2nd when they scored inside first minute... and then the sending off for Crossgates happened which really helped Broxburn. Got the equaliser... but despite lots of pressure couldn't find a 2nd.

1-1 was not the worst against a side very much in the running for promotion, but disappointed a 2nd goal couldn't be found to get the 3 points.

16 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Well against a pretty decent and on-form Crossgates side, that wasn't too bad a performance!

Non event of a first half, disastrous start to the 2nd when they scored inside first minute... and then the sending off for Crossgates happened which really helped Broxburn. Got the equaliser... but despite lots of pressure couldn't find a 2nd.

1-1 was not the worst against a side very much in the running for promotion, but disappointed a 2nd goal couldn't be found to get the 3 points.

Thought Broxburn were poor and second best until Crossgates got a man sent off. Not that Crossgates created too much.

Thought the sending off was a bit harsh and the tackle on Sheg’s was much more worthy of a red.

Kept at it and could have grabbed a winner and had a couple of chances.  Again the substitutions baffled me - can’t believe they took Binnie off and left on the other winger.

A game of opinions I suppose.

54 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Thought the sending off was a bit harsh and the tackle on Sheg’s was much more worthy of a red.

Interesting you say that. I thought it was a harsh red too... from where I was looked a little mistimed and the lad lost his balance/footing as he went in.

But a boy walked past me and while chatting he said definite red, guys foot was off ground and in with studs showing.  He was significantly closer than I was at the time, so figured that must have been the reason.

It definitely swung the game in Broxburn's favour.

On 01/11/2022 at 23:01, Blowin In the Wind said:

Another win but must have used up at least one of our get out of jail free cards tonight.

Poor performance and god knows why we go with 3-5-2.  Haddington deserved at least a point but I’ll take the result as we’ve played well in the past and not taken anything.

Haddington are a stuffy team to break down so credit going there and coming away with points, i have to say however i felt that broxburn would be up there this season, still a long way to go but in my opinion i felt with the money they spent over the summer that they would have been punching at the top at this stage.

Tough game this weekend away to lothian who are fighting to get out the bottom three.

On 03/11/2022 at 15:21, fanfromafar said:

Haddington are a stuffy team to break down so credit going there and coming away with points, i have to say however i felt that broxburn would be up there this season, still a long way to go but in my opinion i felt with the money they spent over the summer that they would have been punching at the top at this stage.

Tough game this weekend away to lothian who are fighting to get out the bottom three.

There have been a lot of injuries but from what I’ve seen the best players this season were all there last season (Brass, Harrisson, Gilles and Binnie).  

The young lad from Blackburn looks a prospect but still has a bit to learn. As for the rest, not a whole lot of improvement just more of the same although more in terms of numbers.

Had hoped we would be up there with Lithgae, Jeanfield and Cuikie but just don’t see it.  

We picked up a couple of red cards on Tuesday to a couple of our best performers so they will be miss today. If I’m honest we should be winning quite comfortably but that may not be the case.

1 hour ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Embarrassing today enough said 😭

A good lesson in hunger & attitude which we dont have.  Pressed us all over the pitch and never gave us time to pass the ball, while our players like to watch the ball just as much as the supporters. Well done LHV, a brilliant performance. Should of been a bigger scoreline for them. 

15 minutes ago, albynpark said:

A good lesson in hunger & attitude which we dont have.  Pressed us all over the pitch and never gave us time to pass the ball, while our players like to watch the ball just as much as the supporters. Well done LHV, a brilliant performance. Should of been a bigger scoreline for them. 

We got off lightly today which is why I kept my original comment short 😭

I leave the country for a couple of weeks and when I return I see the 4 games I've missed had 24 goals!! Without knowing much about how these games went, it seems to offer a summary of just how this season played out! 

There are goals in the team... Just gotta look towards next season with a hopefully fit defence that can keep them out!

Edited by Jordi1977

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2022 at 05:39, Jordi1977 said:

I leave the country for a couple of weeks and when I return I see the 4 games I've missed had 24 goals!! Without knowing much about how these games went, it seems to offer a summary of just how this season played out! 

There are goals in the team... Just gotta look towards next season with a hopefully fit defence that can keep them out

I thought a few weeks back the team had turned a corner and there were some improved performances and results were mostly positive, but last few weeks it all seems to have nosedived again.

Wasn't able to make today's game... apparently there is some large festivity coming soon meaning I had to go into town... but I'm going to assume it was a fairly flat and inconsistent performance?

Edited by Jordi1977