Broxburn Athletic

Tremendous performance tonight by the Brox! The performance we have been waiting to see for some time.

Big Errol's two goals were excellent... especially the 2nd, strength, power, skill and shooting accuracy. 

Defensively we were solid. Having Dan Nimmo back makes us look far more solid.

Pass marks all over the park tonight... out of possession every player pressed high and quickly and stopped Musselburgh playing. Even when they did build a bit of momentum, they were never allowed easy possession and there were none of the usual cheap mistakes giving the ball away.

Absolutely 1st class in every way from Broxburn tonight. Has the corner been turned? That is a solid base to work from to be a serious side for next season.

12 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Nope neither did I but very very happy with it and definitely take it.

You’re no.9 was man of match, for me and in Jordan Orru, you have the best left back in the league. Really impressed with the Broxburn performance tonight👍

6 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

You’re no.9 was man of match, for me and in Jordan Orru, you have the best left back in the league. Really impressed with the Broxburn performance tonight👍

That's easily our best performance of the season... I think we are all a bit stunned by it!

Big Errol (no.9) was tremendous and his two goals were both brilliantly taken. He's had injury issues and been played out of position a lot... but we saw tonight, get him a run of games up top and fully fit and what a handful.

I've just woken still chuffed!

2 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

That's easily our best performance of the season... I think we are all a bit stunned by it!

Big Errol (no.9) was tremendous and his two goals were both brilliantly taken. He's had injury issues and been played out of position a lot... but we saw tonight, get him a run of games up top and fully fit and what a handful.

I've just woken still chuffed!

There were good signs against Lithgae in the cup in midweek. I know we lost but played pretty well against the runaway league leaders. Really pleased they have continued it on. An important win and one or two more should be enough to stay up. Noticed that EU have put a bit of form together too so may only be 3 go down.  Important to keep it going in our next game.

11 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

There were good signs against Lithgae in the cup in midweek. I know we lost but played pretty well against the runaway league leaders. Really pleased they have continued it on. An important win and one or two more should be enough to stay up. Noticed that EU have put a bit of form together too so may only be 3 go down.  Important to keep it going in our next game.

I thought 4-1 flattered us a bit on Tuesday as you had to open up and try win as it was a cup tie.

far far better than Hogmanay. Think you’ll be comfortably safe.

9 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Better than Cammy Thomson ? I think not.

Great match last night but lets not get carried away. Maybe its from the relief from bad form and poor results but there is still work to do.  We got 3 points of Mussleburgh who I presume had an off night. We've done this before where we get a good result and then crash back to earth on the next result. Let's see if they can do it again and get us away from the relegation battle. It's in our hands.

Congratulations to you guys on your emphatic win. We (Musselburgh) went from one of our best performances all season last week to easily our worst last night. I'm not sure we had a shot on target! 

Credit to you guys who were on it from the off and easily outplayed & outfought us on a great evening with over 550 people in the ground. 

Best wishes for the remainder of the season. 

12 minutes ago, Passthebaw said:

Congratulations to you guys on your emphatic win. We (Musselburgh) went from one of our best performances all season last week to easily our worst last night. I'm not sure we had a shot on target! 

Credit to you guys who were on it from the off and easily outplayed & outfought us on a great evening with over 550 people in the ground. 

Best wishes for the remainder of the season. 

Always value your honestly PTB.

A number of Burgh fans around me were particularly annoyed at the wayward passing display by the home side and the lack of any positive goalmouth action. 

2 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Certainly a little slap back to reality after last weeks efforts!

Wasn't able to get along... so hopefully, despite defeat, there was a decent performance... 

Dominated the game in terms of possession but created precious little. They looked the more dangerous but a game we let slip. As for the goals their first was offside (but a great finish nevertheless), our penalty was not a penalty but we had a stonewall one turned down 5 minutes earlier. Their second was a breakaway and again a great finish. Hopefully it’s a blip and we can start picking up points. In truth I’d rather have lost to Musselburgh and beat Swifts.

Hopefully just a blip and if dominated possession, can probably say it was one of those days...

Go again next week and keep up the performance levels. Let's get absolutely safe from a potential 4th relegation place with games to spare!

• 2 weeks later...

Really disappointing defeat tonight... really a case of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. 

2-1 ahead with less than 5 minutes to play says a lot about issues seeing out games.

But gonna look at the positives... a vastly better performance than when we last played Sauchie. Sauchie are a very decent side and pushed them all the way. Lots of good positive play and on another day, the score could have been different. 

A sore defeat to take, but it wasn't a flat performance which has so often been the case when results have been against us.