Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

16 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If B team results were excluded.

image.png.d06834f182161a3f60fc1ac39406be0e.png

Heres a idea why don't LL land just get rid of bitches teams and save you the hassle of having to do this.😏😏😏

On 09/04/2023 at 08:12, newcastle broon said:

I take it naebody wants to wish Spartans their best wishes in being the best of the rest champion club and represent the LL in the actual play offs. 

Hopefully they can stick it right up the B teams and finish the job. 

I see they're at home 1st. Bonnyrigg were last year. 

Is it a toss of coin for who gets what? 

Naw we're too busy bitchin about the bitches teams and how LL land contrive to not relegate a team; except when it was your lot, when it seemed like they came up with a way to relegate you. Did you piss King George off at some point?

Anyways a belated congrats to all at The Spartans.

On 08/04/2023 at 09:48, Sermani said:

That would be great if you have jinxed them. Many thanks. Mon the Star⭐👍

Your prayers may still be answered.

God Bless Elgin.

Not the way I would wish for the Star to stay up but if that's the rules then so be it.

Do you think it would be more beneficial to drop back to SOS rather than another potential season of heavy defeats and struggling?

On 08/04/2023 at 22:19, Spyro said:

Who would you promote alongside Linlithgow this season? 

Beith win WoS and Newtown Stewart the highest SoS club a lowly 6th... 

Sauchie and Darvel/Talbot Playoff? 

There's a lot more to sort out than just jettison a team out the LL 

For me it's not about jettisoning someone from any league; it's about having a flowing, working pyramid as King George and his court promised us pre-lockdown.

This scenario has been in place since the Selkirk Incident; so really should have been addressed by now. But in true LL land fashion; keep quiet and hope nobody notices.

It's quite simple really if a club finishes bottom or in any relegation spot, they should go not get a reprieve.

Know it sounds daft; but if need be run with 15 for a season then promote extra next season.

At this level of the pyramid, primarily down to all that can happen with teams leaving or entering the league from above and below there needs to be some fluidity in the rules/constitution.

15 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Your prayers may still be answered.

God Bless Elgin.

Not the way I would wish for the Star to stay up but if that's the rules then so be it.

Do you think it would be more beneficial to drop back to SOS rather than another potential season of heavy defeats and struggling?

Star looked horribly out of their depth on Saturday against the next worst team in the league. I don't think going through the same thing next season if they stay up on a technicality will do them any good at all. I know it's the rules, but even so...

19 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Star looked horribly out of their depth on Saturday against the next worst team in the league. I don't think going through the same thing next season if they stay up on a technicality will do them any good at all. I know it's the rules, but even so...

I suppose they can always resign as per Threave Rovers and look at them now; crowds are up, moving up the ladder and definitely have an increased awareness of them nationally.

Was involved at youth level with a team struggling. Volunteered for demotion in a new set up. 1st season attracted new players; league and a cup won. 2nd season won league that had previously struggled in and 2 cups.

Sometimes it's better to step back and refresh, reboot. Might be good long term for the Star to come back south.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Star have had a very testing season to put it mildly. In the last year there has been 4 different managers plus all of last seasons team leaving for a "new challenge"(££££). The dressing room has a revolving door. Fair to say that morale and spirits are at rock bottom. Time for a regroup and a bit of stability, whether that's in the LL or SOS. There are enough decent players in the area to be a decent LL team.  Don;t think there would be to much objection to relegation to the SOS league.

A a fan i have fair enjoyed watching Star in the LL but there come a time.

Edited by Sermani

8 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

And the joker is played straight away. I don't think anyone is suggesting that Tier4/Tier5 is right.

But seriously is that a valid reason for not sorting out Tier5/Tier6 for the betterment of the pyramid?

No it’s not, but until they move it’s unlikely tier 5 will, so it’s stalemate.

38 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

No it’s not, but until they move it’s unlikely tier 5 will, so it’s stalemate.

Why would those two issues be linked? Once some more former junior clubs get in and the clubs that have zero hope of ever getting back after being relegated are gone it will be fixed.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Why would those two issues be linked? Once some more former junior clubs get in and the clubs that have zero hope of ever getting back after being relegated are gone it will be fixed.

They are linked for obvious reasons. Tier 5 want automatic promotion into tier 4, so rightly or wrongly they are doing the same to the tiers below.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The LL's membership 5 years from now will be significantly different from what it is now and the former junior clubs who are most likely to joining from below are used to having divisions where three up three down is the norm.

I don’t disagree, but it’s amazing what self preservation will do to committees.

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

They are linked for obvious reasons. Tier 5 want automatic promotion into tier 4, so rightly or wrongly they are doing the same to the tiers below.

Tier 6 (EoS, WoS, SoS) have absolutely zero influence on whether tier 5 (LL/HL) get auto promotion to tier 4 (SPFL), so why would tier 5 punish tier 6 for this?  It's a very convenient excuse for those clubs to roll out when it's nothing more than blatant self-preservation, the very reason the LL was set-up to blow away, apparently.  All it does is create acrimony between the LL and those below and it won't be forgotten in a hurry.

You couldn't mark some LL Chairman's necks with a blow torch.

Edited by Burnieman

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Tier 6 (EoS, WoS, SoS) have absolutely zero influence on whether tier 5 (LL/HL) get auto promotion to tier 4 (SPFL), so why would tier 5 punish tier 6 for this?  It's a very convenient excuse for those clubs to roll out when it's nothing more than blatant self-preservation, the very reason the LL was set-up to blow away, apparently.  All it does is create acrimony between the LL and those below and it won't be forgotten in a hurry.

You couldn't mark some LL Chairman's necks with a blow torch.

Of course it’s self preservation, but nobody will make the first move so that’s where we are.

3 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Of course it’s self preservation, but nobody will make the first move so that’s where we are.

It will eventually.  I know Linlithgow are big proponents of fair promotion/relegation so they will perhaps be another "Yes" vote which could tip the balance as soon as next season.