Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

Is it possible for a non colts team to win the league and not get put forward to the play off? Call them TEAM A.

If they did well against the colts team and another team, TEAM B,  did not but TEAM B had more points than TEAM A with the colts team results being stripped out.

Who goes to the playoff, TEAM A or TEAM B?

Apologies if this has been asked before.

1 hour ago, Strathman said:

Is it possible for a non colts team to win the league and not get put forward to the play off? Call them TEAM A.

If they did well against the colts team and another team, TEAM B,  did not but TEAM B had more points than TEAM A with the colts team results being stripped out.

Who goes to the playoff, TEAM A or TEAM B?

Apologies if this has been asked before.

All results stand. Just the Colt teams are excluded from the final standings. Whoever is first place after that is the champion.

31 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

After the latest question on B teams, I did wonder what the updated alternate standings would look like at the minute.

image.png.1df587ef23e7d5815ed29dd4f5f86eda.png

Looking forward to seeing how Stirling Uni match up against Dundee United. I fear it may be harder than a lot of United fans are currently thinking it might be...

7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

After the latest question on B teams, I did wonder what the updated alternate standings would look like at the minute.

image.png.1df587ef23e7d5815ed29dd4f5f86eda.png

What a race for the title that would have been. Wonder how much of the top 6 are in the infamous 8.

7 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Looking forward to seeing how Stirling Uni match up against Dundee United. I fear it may be harder than a lot of United fans are currently thinking it might be...

You have Liam Fox in charge I would have the fear with him.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Why is Strollers game off tonight ? doesn’t seem to be pitch problem.

Don’t know, says ‘unforeseen circumstances’, sounds a bit strange to say that and nothing more, hope nothing serious.

Neither club’s social media (Strollers is rotten for news at the best of times) offers anything more.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Don’t know, says ‘unforeseen circumstances’, sounds a bit strange to say that and nothing more, hope nothing serious.

Neither club’s social media (Strollers is rotten for news at the best of times) offers anything more.

A lot of clubs in this  have little information out there, have to admit it makes things hard writing about them for the programme.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

A lot of clubs in this  have little information out there, have to admit it makes things hard writing about them for the programme.

Aye good point, some clubs are better than others, but there is a big drop in information I’ve noticed from League 2 to the Lowland, must make it tricky. 

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Aye good point, some clubs are better than others, but there is a big drop in information I’ve noticed from League 2 to the Lowland, must make it tricky. 

Tranent and Spartans have quite informative websites, probably the two best in the league.

A dreich night to be out... but out I went to Broadwood. Podcast FC losing 2-0 at home to East Stirling. 

OGB may have just slightly edged the first half, but it was pretty even and they went in 0-0.

2nd half and East Stirling suddenly looked a bit sharper and started to control the game. Ironically, tye more they took control, the more OGB lost their discipline which cost them the match.

A lazy challenge gave East Stirling a penalty for the first. OGB went down to 10 men for just two stupid, but completely deserved yellow cards. The 2nd came near the end when the ES player out fought his marker out on the touchline and carried the ball directly into the box and finished well from an angle.

OGB continued to try and knock the ball around, but was always just one pass too many or offside.

East Stirling could have had more and had a couple of chances to add the 2nd well before they did.

Decent crowd in to watch, but the visiting fans were clearly happy with what they saw singing all through the 2nd half.

I watched the highlights of the podcast mob v The Shire and there didn't look more than a hundred there from the footage. Were there any fans in any of the other stands?

Pleased to see the Shire win. I miss the diehard fans and it was good to hear the Shirey Pirey song.

Almost a full LL card over tonight and tomorrow, though don’t think it will be great for getting people through the gates, so glad that Cowdenbeath moved their game with Hearts B to a spare Saturday on 21 January.

Berwick v Tranent looks interesting, see if Liam Buchanan can once again save Berwick as he has done so many times this season.  

Spartans v Rangers B looks a good one as well, can Rangers shore up their leaky defence agains a very solid Spartans team? A bit tempted to head along to this one, though back to work in the morning probably means can’t be bothered for a 7.45 kick off 😆

Edited by Cowdenleith