Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

Just now, Omnishambles said:

Is it confirmed July 22nd that it kicks off?

July 22nd correct.

Just waiting on fixtures.

League Cup dates confirmed for those lucky enough (or quoted) to be in it.

Just waiting on league fixtures and Scottish Cup starter dates and we're off.

8 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

July 22nd correct.

Just waiting on fixtures.

League Cup dates confirmed for those lucky enough (or quoted) to be in it.

Just waiting on league fixtures and Scottish Cup starter dates and we're off.

Fixtures won't be out until after the SPFL have their's done, due to the number of groundshares involved.

7 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Friday June 30th for the big boys from the SPFL.

I don’t envy the fixture secretary his job tbf.

Has very little time to sort out the multitude of clashes to avoid. I’m guessing the LL don’t have a computer that does it ?

Will Hearts be allowed the Friday night they want at Spartans ? Seems a bit unfair every home fixture, that LL lads will coming from work while Hearts kids have all day on the PlayStation or getting a massage. 

27 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Has very little time to sort out the multitude of clashes to avoid. I’m guessing the LL don’t have a computer that does it ?

Will Hearts be allowed the Friday night they want at Spartans ? Seems a bit unfair every home fixture, that LL lads will coming from work while Hearts kids have all day on the PlayStation or getting a massage. 

Hear Gala are wanting to play Friday night games as well.

• FairWeatherFan changed the title to Lowland League General Discussion
41 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Hear Gala are wanting to play Friday night games as well.

Don't mind the occasional Friday evening match but this League already has way too many midweek and Friday night matches (especially with Broomhill getting in on the act).

At times the evening matches in the last couple of seasons have seemed ever ending. Apart from us fans it cant be great for the  part-time players.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Same guy does lowland league eosfl and under 20s fixtures

2 hours ago, Dead said:

Don't mind the occasional Friday evening match but this League already has way too many midweek and Friday night matches (especially with Broomhill getting in on the act).

At times the evening matches in the last couple of seasons have seemed ever ending. Apart from us fans it cant be great for the  part-time players.

Aye too much midweeks , it was someone I was speaking to at Meggetland on Sunday who mentioned Gala.

12 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Midweek and Friday nights cool with me.

I'm looking for 3,4,5 games a week across the Central Belt.

Feck me living the dream there. For me it's 3,4,5 horse shows a week.

I do like the evening games, gives me more scope to get to games.

Well east Kilbride are finally spending some money this year it looks like 😆

Unfortunately seem to have completely went the darvel route tho this season, a club that initially you wanted to get behind and wanted to see be the first club promoted to the spfl are now just chucking the kitchen sink due to poor squad building and on the way to becoming the next annoying money club that bounces up through the leagues.

Potentially starting another bitch-fest but it is an important point; was there any discussion at the agm regarding number of promotion spots opening up to Tier6?

On a slight tangent are Edin Uni a stick on to finish 16th/19th or is there an outsider ready for an implosion and go a season virtually pointless.

13 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Well east Kilbride are finally spending some money this year it looks like 😆

Unfortunately seem to have completely went the darvel route tho this season, a club that initially you wanted to get behind and wanted to see be the first club promoted to the spfl are now just chucking the kitchen sink due to poor squad building and on the way to becoming the next annoying money club that bounces up through the leagues.

East Kilbride have been chucking the sink at it for several seasons already! 

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

East Kilbride have been chucking the sink at it for several seasons already! 

Tbf, looks like Mick is assembling a squad from mix of SPFL, Lowland and West leagues inc Darvel. Wont be cheap but will be a decent Soldiers of Love FC