Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

When they did the rebrand to just Broomhill I did say I would have more respect for them if they added Wanderers or Nomads to the name. It at least acknowledges their own history at this point. On paper this will be their 5th ground in 10 seasons.

Ashfield-Maryhill-Alloa-Broadwood-Dumbarton?

They won't spend very long at ours either I wouldn't think. Our pitch is a shambles and it amazes me that any team would pay to play on it.

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

When they did the rebrand to just Broomhill I did say I would have more respect for them if they added Wanderers or Nomads to the name. It at least acknowledges their own history at this point. On paper this will be their 5th ground in 10 seasons.

Ashfield-Maryhill-Alloa-Broadwood-Dumbarton?

If it was a mangy dug, it would have been put down by now... 

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Meanwhile, Coatbridge is actually only around 50% Roman Catholic and only slightly more tilted in that direction than other nearby towns like Airdrie, Motherwell, and Hamilton rather than a Scottish version of the Falls Road, and Celtic are right on the doorstep for anyone who wants to link a plastic Irish identity to their football support. File this one under M for moronic...

I'd file under Craig Whyte Retro

Cheap suit, flats in the Merchant City, buys Albion Rovers for the proverbial £1 and punts the land to some dodgy councillors called O'Boyle, Gallagher and McLaughlin on the planning and/or housing committee of NLC for some completely inflated price 

It gets 10 pages on P&B on why Albion Rovers directors voted for the B teams 24 hours before Albion are vaporized.

The 100 odd Albion fans greet and are last seen running a mini bus to Braehead to watch ice hockey.

The chap with the Bombay suit is rumoured to be looking at Morton and renaming them Greenock Shamrock.

You know it makes sense............

On 26/05/2023 at 08:49, AlansHotBath said:

https://twitter.com/record_sport/status/1661983165404069888?s=46&t=3fXnHtfZqTOy3XYcNeLMrQ

In the League for less than a week and already plotting an embarrassing name change.

Who is? Not the club, that’s for sure.

The story is this: Egotistic chancer outlines crazy plans regarding a small football club, is sent packing by the club but manages to enlist gullible journalist to publicise his deluded fantasies.. That’s all.  

1 hour ago, Rover77 said:

Who is? Not the club, that’s for sure.

The story is this: Egotistic chancer outlines crazy plans regarding a small football club, is sent packing by the club but manages to enlist gullible journalist to publicise his deluded fantasies.. That’s all.  

You been in Bar-L mate.

That story was done to death on here.

55 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

You been in Bar-L mate.

That story was done to death on here.

Yes, but someone needed to sum up the situation properly, something you and a couple of others were incapable of doing.

3 minutes ago, Rover77 said:

Yes, but someone needed to sum up the situation properly, something you and a couple of others were incapable of doing.

Never believed the story to start with.

Daily Record slow news day, nothing more......

One phone call to Anton clears it up.

16 minutes ago, roy of the rovers said:

Now that anyone with any sense realises this name change keech is exactly that can I ask a couple of wee questions about life in the LL.

Can clubs stream their games at 3pm on a Saturday? Do transfer windows apply in this league?

Cheers

I think the issue with live streaming in the SPFL was the blocked hours from Sky/BT Sports which don't apply to the LL so I believe the club should be able to live stream.

No transfer windows.

1 minute ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

I think the issue with live streaming in the SPFL was the blocked hours from Sky/BT Sports which don't apply to the LL so I believe the club should be able to live stream.

No transfer windows.

Transfer windows kick in for the play offs as they're under SFA rules. Fort William were caught out by that, trying to field a player recruited in March for an April play off, I think the deadline was January. I'd assume that would apply for the LL champions too.

3 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

No transfer windows.

I'm fairly sure Clydebank got in bother for streaming their games so I don't think you will be in the Lowland League either 

3 hours ago, roy of the rovers said:

Now that anyone with any sense realises this name change keech is exactly that can I ask a couple of wee questions about life in the LL.

Can clubs stream their games at 3pm on a Saturday? Do transfer windows apply in this league?

Cheers

3 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

No transfer windows.

17 minutes ago, Pollok mad said:

I'm fairly sure Clydebank got in bother for streaming their games so I don't think you will be in the Lowland League either 

They banned live streaming again, certainly at this level, at the start of August 2022, link to article on the Cowden website.

http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewNews&id=3230

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Fraserburgh have been streaming their home games in the Highland League all season to their "overseas" diaspora.

Please tell me they do it from a fishing boat out at sea! That's brilliant 😂

6 minutes ago, Sermani said:

Possible silly question coming, does the relegated League 2 team, this year the wee Rovers, get a parachute payment?

Yes. I believe it's £40k in year 1 and a further £20k in year 2, if they don't get promoted at the first attempt.

Brechin received both payments over the last two seasons, so will get nothing for season 2023/24.

25 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes. I believe it's £40k in year 1 and a further £20k in year 2, if they don't get promoted at the first attempt.

Brechin received both payments over the last two seasons, so will get nothing for season 2023/24.

Cheers. Some fans from a relegated ex-league club told us about a parachute payment, just never seen or heard anything else about it.

Any chance of a parachute payment on Relegation from the LL? asking for a friend.