Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

3 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Did somebody in Cumbernauld tan your hoose, H?

20 years living there teaches you to hate the Colts. It's part of being fae Scumbernauld.

11 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Gala have made a couple of decent signings in the two Semples.

I dont come on this thread to read proper football posts. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Get a grip man, we are on here to slag off the LL.

If you aren't aware of me I joke a lot. Or rather attempt to joke.

(Leaves it open for the 'and you fail every time' posts)

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

I dont come on this thread to read proper football posts. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Get a grip man, we are on here to slag off the LL.

If you aren't aware of me I joke a lot. Or rather attempt to joke.

(Leaves it open for the 'and you fail every time' posts)

I'm not walking through that door 😆

Broomhill in their continuing quest to represent the community of Glasgow's leafy west end are rumoured to be looking to groundshare in that area of Glasgow known as Dumbarton as per the Son's thread.

Edited by GNU_Linux

26 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Broomhill in their continuing quest to represent the community of Glasgow's leafy west end are rumoured to be looking to groundshare in that area of Glasgow known as Dumbarton as per the Son's thread.

This has been talked about before. Guess it does mean Rangers B are offski. Probably taking up that spot at Broadwood.

Must be a total lack of interest from the other Glasgow area clubs or Dumbarton are selling themselves short.

I do wonder how the likes of west end Broomhill pay rent, and if it's worth it for teams to open up their ground to teams watched by friends and family. A wee look at the excellent attendances table doesn't suggest that gate receipts will be up to much.

Point about the Nomads: I know the ground isn't the only part of the licence. There should be something in there about jumping from one ground to another every other season. This is completely different from having a long term groundshare let.

Here's a scenario a club that meets every aspect of the licence except a suitable ground could in theory leave their own ground and groundshare at a licence compliant ground.

36 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

https://twitter.com/record_sport/status/1661983165404069888?s=46&t=3fXnHtfZqTOy3XYcNeLMrQ

In the League for less than a week and already plotting an embarrassing name change. It's nice to see new members embracing the heritage of the LL.

The consortium still aspires to take control of Rovers and rebrand the club to reflect what it believes is the heritage, history and culture of the town's demographics, as part of a multi-million pound plan.

- Nope

Their project includes building a new 10,000 seater multi-purpose entertainment arena in Coatbridge within five years of rebranding the club to Shamrock Rovers Coatbridge.

- LOL

We did an analysis of the club's demise over the past decades and we did a model based on maths which we were very confident in - and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to work this out - that showed the club was going to be relegated. This was presented to the board, but the name change was the problem.

- HAHAHAHAHA

We would look to increase the capacity at the stadium because we anticipated that we could have got crowds in the region of 2,000 purely by rebranding the club and making it a much more modern and digitally-focused football club, and entertainment business.

- You know what. Sell to them. Another Gretna.

Anyone that sells to this type of delusional chancer deserves everything they get. If this lot really had that kind of money they could just start a club from scratch.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The consortium still aspires to take control of Rovers and rebrand the club to reflect what it believes is the heritage, history and culture of the town's demographics, as part of a multi-million pound plan.

- Nope

Their project includes building a new 10,000 seater multi-purpose entertainment arena in Coatbridge within five years of rebranding the club to Shamrock Rovers Coatbridge.

- LOL

We did an analysis of the club's demise over the past decades and we did a model based on maths which we were very confident in - and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to work this out - that showed the club was going to be relegated. This was presented to the board, but the name change was the problem.

- HAHAHAHAHA

We would look to increase the capacity at the stadium because we anticipated that we could have got crowds in the region of 2,000 purely by rebranding the club and making it a much more modern and digitally-focused football club, and entertainment business.

Anyone that sells to this type of delusional chancer deserves everything they get. If this lot really had that kind of money they could just start a club from scratch.

monorail!  Monorail!  MONORAIL!

Meanwhile, Coatbridge is actually only around 50% Roman Catholic and only slightly more tilted in that direction than other nearby towns like Airdrie, Motherwell, and Hamilton rather than a Scottish version of the Falls Road, and Celtic are right on the doorstep for anyone who wants to link a plastic Irish identity to their football support. File this one under M for moronic...

On 24/05/2023 at 20:24, GNU_Linux said:

My gut feeling is that this is a goer. It almost happened a few years ago too. And whilst it's more palatable than sharing with a B team, it raises a few questions.

Firstly; just what state will our shambles of a park be in this winter?

And secondly, what is the point in Broomhill FC?

It's one thing having a club groundsharing away from its area for a few years, but with the goal of returning (see Clyde). It's also one thing having a club with a history and fanbase that has moved away from its original home, but kept its idenity (see Clyde). But a club that regularly changes its identity and is named after a part of Glasgow it hasn't played anywhere near? I just don't see the point.

I understood it when there was the link with BSC. That makes the club a nomadic Spartans or Cumbernauld Colts I suppose. But with that gone, I don't see why they still exist - and I don't understand how it's funded.

5 hours ago, come on shire said:

I thought Broomhill would consider Scotstoun.  Either the main pitch or the side pitch where I've seen them training.

I think they've tried that avenue? It's a cracking facility, it's in the West End (sort of...the bit of the West End I could actually afford to live in a few years ago...) and the public transport links are excellent with loads of buses on Dumbarton Road and regular trains. That would be a very natural home for them. I remember my boys club playing BSC there back in the day (well, on the astro, not the big stadium!). 

6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

- Nope

- LOL

- HAHAHAHAHA

Are we about to witness an even greater implosion than the Great Berwick fallout of 2019 after their relegation? 

5 hours ago, come on shire said:

I thought Broomhill would consider Scotstoun.  Either the main pitch or the side pitch where I've seen them training.

Ask them. They love talking about it... 🤭

14 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

And secondly, what is the point in Broomhill FC?

When they did the rebrand to just Broomhill I did say I would have more respect for them if they added Wanderers or Nomads to the name. It at least acknowledges their own history at this point. On paper this will be their 5th ground in 10 seasons.

Ashfield-Maryhill-Alloa-Broadwood-Dumbarton?