Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Listened to the Official Catchup this morning where they interviewed the chair of the LL, main points were  - 

1. Conference will start 24/25

2. SPFL are in agreement (As are HL) as it gives a “soft landing”

3. Plan to have the 3 champion clubs from tier 6 promoted at end of 23/24 to fill the gap left by those going to the conference.

4. Permanent plans for increased ventilation will be looked at.

5. SFA insisted on 24/25, SPFL wanted 23/24.

I am sure I’ve missed stuff, so apologies, but that is the gist of it.

So tier 5 are bending over and allowing Maxwell/SPFL to shaft them?

As for increased promotion "will be looked at" 😂

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Creetown licensed. 

This is an interesting example of interpretation what's been said.

I'm sure he said Creetown weren't licensed yet but met licencing criteria. As a result the LL had granted a waiver/concession to allow them to participate in the play off if they win the SoS league.

Don't necessarily agree with everything but I thought it was a good interview and clarified a few points. Worth listening to.

5 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

5 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

We can't even tell them to feck off to Europe or the moon once this is in place. They will have ready made teams already in the pyramid.

Which is what all this is about in a nutshell

With all this cash from the 'B' teams being used to pay for necessary things i.e. insurance.  If and when the 'B' teams leave the set up - taking their cash with them....will the Lowland League teams manage to find the cash needed to pay for insurance etc.?

Are these 'payments' allowed under financial fair play rules - isn't it a form of financial doping?

1 hour ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

With all this cash from the 'B' teams being used to pay for necessary things i.e. insurance.  If and when the 'B' teams leave the set up - taking their cash with them....will the Lowland League teams manage to find the cash needed to pay for insurance etc.?

Are these 'payments' allowed under financial fair play rules - isn't it a form of financial doping?

Imagine it would go down as a sponsorship.

13 hours ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

I doubt the Lowland League has any financial fair play rules.

On 25/04/2023 at 11:52, Burnieman said:

So tier 5 are bending over and allowing Maxwell/SPFL to shaft them?

As for increased promotion "will be looked at" 😂

Promotion will be looked at; only when the SPFL open up to LL/HL.

His mic was awful, but pretty certain heard this rolled out more than once during his ramblings. 

Also rolled out the LL West/East again; that smacks of empire building. Rather than just replacing or taking over the existing tier 6 leagues, a new proper LL2 populated with the top teams from existing tier 6.

A rough idea obviously with no flesh and bones.

Felt the interviewers were almost scared to challenge him, almost apologetic at times.

6 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Screenshot_20230427_130753_Twitter.jpg

I'm possibly missing someone obvious but he was the League's longest serving manager - been there since 2013 and about a week longer than Dougie Samuel at Spartans. Quite a shift, but it sounds like the club want to do something different to stop dropping out the league 

42 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

I'm possibly missing someone obvious but he was the League's longest serving manager - been there since 2013 and about a week longer than Dougie Samuel at Spartans. Quite a shift, but it sounds like the club want to do something different to stop dropping out the league 

Don't see how they can change much playing wise.

15 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

I may be wrong here, but the Uni weren’t in the first season of the LL, they came in year 2…..I think. So I suppose technically DS is the leagues longest serving manager.

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I may be wrong here, but the Uni weren’t in the first season of the LL, they came in year 2…..I think. So I suppose technically DS is the leagues longest serving manager.

I didn't take that into account, but you are right. 

4 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Pardon my stupidity but are Beith and Abbey vale / Creetown licensed ? If not do Linlithgow get promoted automatically?? Or do next placed licensed teams get to shoot it out ?? 

Beith and Abbey Vale are not licensed.

Therefore Creetown,looking a big task now to win the league are supposed to be in line for a license would play off wi Linlithgow for a place in the LL.  

Otherwise Linlithgow would go straight to the LL. 

Next placed licensed clubs are not in line for promotion. 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Therefore Creetown,looking a big task now to win the league are supposed to be in line for a license would play off wi Linlithgow for a place in the LL.  

Sort of what I thought neeb , how's life at WW this season bud 

56 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Sort of what I thought neeb , how's life at WW this season bud 

Started off poorly but managerial change and things have slightly improved week by week. Should (hopefully) stay up this season and maybes push for a challenge back to the Premier next season. The main thing is the slide has stopped. Realistically top half 1st div bottom half Premier our level. 

Anyway East of Scotland forum for this pish :lol:

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Madness 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

In what way would you change it ?

In no way am i avoiding answering your question. Can you please tell me what obtaining a license entails please?

Im trying to understand why a club with say Lockhars long standing history would not have one.

2 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

In no way am i avoiding answering your question. Can you please tell me what obtaining a license entails please?

Who knows? The SFA have suspended licensing applications while they rejig the criteria, presumably to give them more leverage over non SPFL clubs. I might be getting a bit paranoid over the last bit but it's only natural in the circumstances.