Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I'm not a huge fan of Braves or their model, but there are other examples in the WoS and EoS of clubs who don't really represent a local community, have next to no fans, and don't even have a ground of their own (at least Braves have that I guess).

Those clubs are normally from Glasgow/Edinburgh.  Some are literally run by the coaching staff, turn up to away games with one committee person and maybe a handful of parents through the gate.

So whilst Braves get criticised for what they are (and the likes of OG Broomhill) and rightly so in most cases, there are others a little lower down who are not that much different but have been kicking around for longer.

To me, that's the point of the Pyramid though. At the bottom of it, you'll have clubs who're little more than some people who run it, 20 odd guys who enjoy playing football and a few friends or family plus maybe a few extra who turn up to see them.

Absolutely no problem with that at all. There should be a space for clubs like that to compete in and to move on if they develop.

OK Braves started as some education / sport exchange thing but it's really the levels of delusion and arrogance that I think folk take issue with. New if fine but just saying that you're innovative and talking about going all the way to the premier league when significant personal investment is the only reason you're not pottering around the SoSFL just comes off a but wanky.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Remember what could have been.

1. Alliance FC
  2. Black Falcons
  3. Caledonian Braves
  4. Copa FC
  5. Edusport Eagles
  6. Edusport Pheonix
  7. FC Tribe
  8. FC Spero
  9. Pheonix FC
  10. Lanarkshire Lynx
  11. Mondial FC
  12. Sporting Union FC
  13. FC Venom

I pick other....

Where in the sweet hell is this guy from.

Here can u pick and mix.

I choose Lanarkshire Sporting Union F.C. 

That's not a mouthful at all, and can be shortened to LSU F.C.or Lanarkshire S.U. or ...This is a fun game actually.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

To me, that's the point of the Pyramid though. At the bottom of it, you'll have clubs who're little more than some people who run it, 20 odd guys who enjoy playing football and a few friends or family plus maybe a few extra who turn up to see them.

Absolutely no problem with that at all. There should be a space for clubs like that to compete in and to move on if they develop.

OK Braves started as some education / sport exchange thing but it's really the levels of delusion and arrogance that I think folk take issue with. New if fine but just saying that you're innovative and talking about going all the way to the premier league when significant personal investment is the only reason you're not pottering around the SoSFL just comes off a but wanky.

I don't disagree, just highlighting that there are similar clubs down the levels who are not that much different.

McIndoe away from Gretna, from their statement looks like he's got another job lined up.

11 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Remember what could have been.

1. Alliance FC
  2. Black Falcons
  3. Caledonian Braves
  4. Copa FC
  5. Edusport Eagles
  6. Edusport Pheonix
  7. FC Tribe
  8. FC Spero
  9. Pheonix FC
  10. Lanarkshire Lynx
  11. Mondial FC
  12. Sporting Union FC
  13. FC Venom

Only a complete bunch of cnuts would ever call a Scottish team FC Anything....

I thought the rules for 'B' teams were 5 games in the first team and you are out of the B's.  Is that correct?

Because if so Hearts flouted the rules on Saturday against Bo'ness, by playing Lewis Neilson, who has already made 10 league appearances this season (4 starts & 6 subs), as well as games in the League Cup and Europe.  Don't they have enough of an advantage already? 

From their programme it also looks like he played against the Shire and Stirling Uni recently too.