Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

What a game at Netherdale today,great performance by both sets of players,played at a frantic pace .

EK shaded it,glad Gala got one at the death as there wasn't 2 goals between them in the game,it was pretty tight.

Popped down from WL.

2 trains and a good day had by all.

Great set up at Netherdale,will be back at some point in the future. 

On 07/12/2022 at 15:09, Broomhill Ultra said:

What’s the story with relegation this season? 2 guaranteed to go down? 

Same garbage system as usual. Tl;dr in advance but the most likely outcome is 1 team being relegated.

• If Lowland League """champions""" are promoted to League Two, and if the team from League Two is relegated via the play-offs to the Highland League, 0 teams are relegated from Lowland League.
  • If Lowland League """champions""" are promoted to League Two, and if the team from League Two is relegated via the play-offs to the Lowland League, 1 team is relegated from Lowland League.
  • If no teams are promoted to/relegated from League Two via the play-offs, 1 team is relegated from Lowland League.
  • If Lowland League """champions""" are not promoted to League Two, and if the team from League Two is relegated via the play-offs to the Highland League, 1 team is relegated from Lowland League.
  • If Lowland League """champions""" are not promoted to League Two, and if the team from League Two is relegated via the play-offs to the Lowland League, 2 teams are relegated from Lowland League.

Hopefully with at least one new team in the Lowland League for next season, we might finally start to see some rule changes to get rid of this ridiculous 'what if' scenario. At the very least get 2 guaranteed relegation spots per season and have that trickle down dependent on regional leagues.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Posting the spreadsheet would have been easier; unfortunately I haven't got it to hand. 

In fact, maybe it should be pinned to the top of the thread. 

I went searching for it first, but I can never find the bleeding thing lol.

11 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Same garbage system as usual. Tl;dr in advance but the most likely outcome is 1 team being relegated.

• If Lowland League """champions""" are promoted to League Two, and if the team from League Two is relegated via the play-offs to the Highland League, 2 teams are relegated from Lowland League.
  • If Lowland League """champions""" are promoted to League Two, and if the team from League Two is relegated via the play-offs to the Lowland League, 1 team is relegated from Lowland League.
  • If no teams are promoted to/relegated from League Two via the play-offs, 1 team is relegated from Lowland League.
  • If Lowland League """champions""" are not promoted to League Two, and if the team from League Two is relegated via the play-offs to the Highland League, 1 team is relegated from Lowland League.
  • If Lowland League """champions""" are not promoted to League Two, and if the team from League Two is relegated via the play-offs to the Lowland League, 0 teams are relegated from Lowland League.

Hopefully with at least one new team in the Lowland League for next season, we might finally start to see some rule changes to get rid of this ridiculous 'what if' scenario. At the very least get 2 guaranteed relegation spots per season and have that trickle down dependent on regional leagues.

you don't need new teams to change rules.anyone of the present clubs can propose a change with a secondary team agreeing then it would go to a vote.

14 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

• If Lowland League """champions""" are promoted to League Two, and if the team from League Two is relegated via the play-offs to the Highland League, 2 teams are relegated from Lowland League.
  • If Lowland League """champions""" are not promoted to League Two, and if the team from League Two is relegated via the play-offs to the Lowland League, 0 teams are relegated from Lowland League.

These are the wrong way around (mind the net total still has to equal 16 minus the B teams)

18 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

These are the wrong way around (mind the net total still has to equal 16 minus the B teams)

You're right, I wrote that very late last night so that's my excuse lol, knew I'd muck it up somehow. We really need the graph to hand for whenever this question is asked.

3 hours ago, Lowland team said:

you don't need new teams to change rules.anyone of the present clubs can propose a change with a secondary team agreeing then it would go to a vote.

Obviously, but the vote at the end of last season 9-7 in favour of no change. You'd assume that this season's new club Tranent Juniors would vote for change as all the upcoming former Tier 6 teams have backed change. Every year we get more Tier 6 teams coming up, the no. of teams wanting change should only increase.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Obviously, but the vote at the end of last season 9-7 in favour of no change. You'd assume that this season's new club Tranent Juniors would vote for change as all the upcoming former Tier 6 teams have backed change. Every year we get more Tier 6 teams coming up, the no. of teams wanting change should only increase.

Tranent trade places with Bonnyrigg that went up.

It's more about how Cowdenbeath would vote considering their form.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

You'd think someone calling themselves Broomhill ultra would know how it works by now.

Remember there's two factions of Broomhill.

Broomhill SP Glasgow (Knightswood) Wosfl Division 4 and OG Broomhill LL formerly known as Broomhill Sports Club Glasgow who played at Maryhill/Alloa and now Cumbernauld.

Has Broomhill Ultra declared who they support?

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Tranent trade places with Bonnyrigg that went up.

It's more about how Cowdenbeath would vote considering their form.

I know, that's why I didn't say we're already at 8-8 now. Tranent should maintain that backing for change which Bonnyrigg held, whereas I assumed that given Cowdenbeath's current status, they and most other teams coming down from the SPFL would be against change, hence why it hinges more on Tier 6 clubs getting up to shift the balance.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

26 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I know, that's why I didn't say we're already at 8-8 now. Tranent should maintain that backing for change which Bonnyrigg held, whereas I assumed that given Cowdenbeath's current status, they and most other teams coming down from the SPFL would be against change, hence why it hinges more on Tier 6 clubs getting up to shift the balance.

the 8/8 vote was for the colts staying this season.the chair used the casting vote.

42 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

the 8/8 vote was for the colts staying this season.the chair used the casting vote.

How hard is this to get? I said it was 9-7 in favour of no change, and it was unlikely to change to 8-8 this season. I didn't mix it up or even bring up the colts vote.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

image.png.17f79f6f0890308abf2da383ccb10646.png

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lowland-league-relegation-rules-vote-and-old-firm-b-team-plans-explained-3622634

Starting to wish I didn't even bother engaging in this thread last night 😂

Edited by RossBFaeDundee