Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

9 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Looks like Celtic and Rangers both falling behind on fixtures already and seemingly no effort by Lowland League to regulate them.

The shitshow most thought it would be ?

There are a number of free weeks in the LL fixture list, and even more for clubs who are not playing in the Scottish Cup or EOS Qualifying Cup - the Rangers and Berwick from 24th September is being played on 22nd October for example as the latter is out of those cups.

6 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

There are a number of free weeks in the LL fixture list, and even more for clubs who are not playing in the Scottish Cup or EOS Qualifying Cup - the Rangers and Berwick from 24th September is being played on 22nd October for example as the latter is out of those cups.

There are, but at which point are these games being pulled from the schedules?

As an example next set of midweek games are the 1st & 2nd Nov. OF B teams are still listed. Both have UEFA Youth League games.

15 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There are, but at which point are these games being pulled from the schedules?

As an example next set of midweek games are the 1st & 2nd Nov. OF B teams are still listed. Both have UEFA Youth League games.

I’m tempted to say that surely Clubs will not allow this nonsense to continue next season…………….

15 minutes ago, Highland ITFC said:

Would I be right to assume that other clubs benefit from a share of those entry fees, rather than the League just keeping hold of them?

iirc it covers costs that clubs would otherwise shoulder, so it's not a direct payment but it does save clubs money each season.

The League itself used some money to "improve" their website and social media output. 

18 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

iirc it covers costs that clubs would otherwise shoulder, so it's not a direct payment but it does save clubs money each season.

The League itself used some money to "improve" their website and social media output. 

When are the website improvements happening?

2 hours ago, Highland ITFC said:

Would I be right to assume that other clubs benefit from a share of those entry fees, rather than the League just keeping hold of them?

For last season all the money went to the League. It was used for two years insurances for everyone, the sort of admin side of the game no one thinks much about. The website/marketing of the league, and finally a chunk was banked so that the league had a surplus.

I've not seen anyone say what is happening with the 120k they got this year.

22 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

For last season all the money went to the League. It was used for two years insurances for everyone, the sort of admin side of the game no one thinks much about. The website/marketing of the league, and finally a chunk was banked so that the league had a surplus.

I've not seen anyone say what is happening with the 120k they got this year.

Can certainly see then why the majority of LL clubs are keen to take the SPFL dollar if it means that they can keep more of their own cash for player budget & other costs relating to running a club, even if in an ideal world a few that voted for the B teams to participate would rather it wasn't the case.

As a general observation from somebody that's new to the LL - I've watched HL games for years but taking in some LL this season - & having been to Cumbernauld & Spartans games so far & checked out clubs online, the general level of set-up - broadly facilities at clubs & the way that they market / promote themselves - seems a step up from the HL, & the league seems generally more competitive from top to bottom, with no obvious makeweights / basket case teams.

Strollers enjoyed a 2-0 win away to Stirling Uni although I thought the Students were worthy of a point myself.

Their cause wasn't helped by being reduced to 10 men when they gave away a penalty. Big Faye then hit the post with his spot kick.. 

Hi sorry to burst your  bubble . None of the " Guest Clubs" as they are described in the SLFL Rules are permitted to be classified as Champions,  so they are not eligible to be  put forward to the Pyramid Play Offs. 

I know it's a bore and a bind to quote the rules, but there you are. 

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

They can still finish top of the league even if they don't participate in the play offs, thus degrading the league. That you aren't mortified by that is quite telling. 

Why would anyone be mortified, the rules were well known before the season started.

8 minutes ago, edinabear said:

League 2 is to be expanded to 18 next season with a further 4 sides each from LL & HL so it is likely that Rangers B and Celtic B if they are in the top 4 will go up.

With all due respect mate, that is not going to happen.