Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/16/zander-murray-comes-out-as-gay-scotland-gala-fairydean?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

A historic announcement- Gala's Zander Murray is the first Scottish player to come out as gay while still playing. 

Hopefully one day this will not be news, but in the mean time I am sure he will be an inspiration to people in the Scottish game, and we can move onwards further towards a type of football that is genuinely welcoming to everyone.

I am sure this was not an easy step to take, but fair play to the club as well for giving him a platform and a place to feel comfortable enough to do it.

On 17/09/2022 at 12:31, AlansHotBath said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/16/zander-murray-comes-out-as-gay-scotland-gala-fairydean?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

A historic announcement- Gala's Zander Murray is the first Scottish player to come out as gay while still playing. 

Hopefully one day this will not be news, but in the mean time I am sure he will be an inspiration to people in the Scottish game, and we can move onwards further towards a type of football that is genuinely welcoming to everyone.

I am sure this was not an easy step to take, but fair play to the club as well for giving him a platform and a place to feel comfortable enough to do it.

In 2022 this shouldn’t be a landmark moment for Scottish football, but it really is. Between this gentleman and the two referees from a few months ago, I hope other men can take inspiration from their stories and be comfortable and, if they wish, open about who they are. 

Sounds like he and his club have considered how to publish it with sensitivity and pride which is brilliant, and if it helps even one person then he’s a hero in my eyes. 

Edited by Derry Pele

Another massive win for Gretna last night, 3 in a row in all competitions.  2 players signed from Bonnyrigg are making all the difference, a bit concerning where the money is coming from considering off the park is still a shambles but the football is certainly becoming much better to watch! Controlled the game 2nd half after being a bit below par first half, thoroughlly deserved the 3 points.

Next up Tranent at home on saturday, tough game, but if we continue to play as we are we will give them a game & have a good chance of taking points from them.

Gretn a v Tranent will be a good game .

Tranent are grinding out results and climbing the table. 

Both teams have new managers settling in albeit McIndoe signed the majority and has been training them for most of the season. 

As for Gretna's finances .... Is there anyone involved with a dodgy past in financial matters 🤔

2 hours ago, gretnascotty said:

Another massive win for Gretna last night, 3 in a row in all competitions.  2 players signed from Bonnyrigg are making all the difference, a bit concerning where the money is coming from considering off the park is still a shambles but the football is certainly becoming much better to watch! Controlled the game 2nd half after being a bit below par first half, thoroughlly deserved the 3 points.

Next up Tranent at home on saturday, tough game, but if we continue to play as we are we will give them a game & have a good chance of taking points from them.

Sounds like you have good cause to be concerned OMG here we go again ( please not )